• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
I saw the preview box. It'll be the usual Hunter x Center ad, which is always for merch.

It's only been two months. :P Also, he'll probably tweet before there's anything in Jump itself.

I miss the daily tweets. Was so cool seeing a behind the scenes look so to speak

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Someone did a deep dive around the time he stopped tweeted and apparently found evidence his father had just passed. Obviously unconfirmed but would make sense as to his lack of social media presences. I miss him

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Someone did a deep dive around the time he stopped tweeted and apparently found evidence his father had just passed. Obviously unconfirmed but would make sense as to his lack of social media presences. I miss him
Not sure Japanese twitter finding out several weeks later from the local obituaries, and English twitter copy & pasting it, counts as a deep dive by anyone involved.

Jun 22, 2019
I came across fabulous Hisoka art.

y12avowpe0la1.png

reddit source

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious to see what Togashi's release schedule will be like in the future. Bi-weekly? Monthly? Whatever I'm there.

It's also nice hearing he seems to be doing better at least as far as his working capabilities.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Who has Togashis level of engagement outside of like Elon musk? It's nuts

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
That level of engagement is surprising, and as much as I dislike twitter, Togashi having an account to keep tabs on is that rare positive spot about it all. I knew he was going to keep updating us on the work. Love it.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Got to watch the Hunter x Hunter live play in Tokyo. Was not as cheesy as I thought and it was fun to watch. It was probably 85% girls watching it. Is the series more popular with women in Japan?

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Got to watch the Hunter x Hunter live play in Tokyo. Was not as cheesy as I thought and it was fun to watch. It was probably 85% girls watching it. Is the series more popular with women in Japan?
Shonen Jump always has a big female audience, if only because of sheer numbers as its circulation numbers dwarf everything else. Some series like Haikyuu are even more popular with women than men. Add this in with how theatre is typically more popular with women and I'm not surprised by that audience composition.

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
(That a Hisoka sundae? That's the best drawing of Hisoka for me, replicating the cover of #34)

Re-reading from chapter 340 and on for the Xth time. Beyond is introduced as Netero's son, Ging & Pariston drop out of the Zodiacs and Kurapika, Leorio replace them. It's so, so good. Ging and Pariston are the new Gon and Killua, but it's a relationship defined by hostile rivalry. We don't have to know the personal history between them to feel Ging's contempt for Pariston, and the latter's growing irritation as Ging becomes accepted by Beyond's group is really exciting. In the distant future when this arc is animated, I am most looking forward to their exchanges with one another, probably more than the fight between Hisoka and Chrollo. That's great, too, but their fight for control over Beyond's temp hunters is way more enjoyable to me every re-read.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
After the Troupe flashback, we were hoping they would do a release of Volume 0 outside of the theater exclusive. Good news is it's getting a release (so Viz will hopefully put their translation up on the site eventually), but it'll be digital only and won't include the short interview with Togashi. Not sure why they didn't want to do a physical release, but it'll be available on July 4.

Guess we'll see if there's anything else in July with the Osaka exhibition.

View: https://twitter.com/jump_henshubu/status/1673315185174499330

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
I really don't know why they didn't include that short story in a regular volume at some point... That's a bunch of completed pages you could publish/sell right there, and now that the main series is referencing characters that were introduced in that story, it really feels like they fucked up.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I really don't know why they didn't include that short story in a regular volume at some point... That's a bunch of completed pages you could publish/sell right there, and now that the main series is referencing characters that were introduced in that story, it really feels like they fucked up.
It's just Sheila and Pairo (first mentioned in Yorknew, but obviously need Vol. 0 for his character).

Assuming Vol. 38 comes out this year, it makes sense that they waited to release it until the Troupe's backstory and connecting Sheila to them.

And since it's just two chapters (and digital), they're only charging $1.50 for it. Won't be too much of a moneymaker.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I know?
And I think it would have made more sense to include that short story in the main series before the Troupe flashback...
But most Japanese readers keep up with manga through the volumes, not the magazine issues. So they'll read Vol. 0 before Vol. 38 releases.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
But most Japanese readers keep up with manga through the volumes, not the magazine issues. So they'll read Vol. 0 before Vol. 38 releases.
I mean, it's neat that the short story will be available digitally, but I wished it had been included in an actual volume of the main series. I wonder why they didn't simply do that instead.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, it's neat that the short story will be available digitally, but I wished it had been included in an actual volume of the main series. I wonder why they didn't simply do that instead.
I guess since before the Sheila connection, it was pretty much extraneous. We knew about Pairo as one of the Kurta, but their connection wasn't necessary to the recovering eyes plot line. (Though if the head Tserriednich has is Pairo's, that's a different story.) And we knew the Troupe were the perpetrators. The diehard fans who wanted more detail either made sure to get it in theaters or found a used copy.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I was gonna post it but didn't want the usual bump confusion. I wonder if he had a hand in that song choice, heh.

As for the return (Volume 38 release + at least 401), I'll be surprised if it's not later this year to coincide with the exhibition going to Fukuoka. Otherwise, I don't know what the point of releasing Kurapika's Memories last month was. But as usual, can't know for sure, especially with the lack of info after the note from Jump at the end of 400.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's more HxH adjacent than anything having to do with HxH proper, but Yu Yu Hakusho just got added to the WSJ vault! I know we love Togashi up in here, so figured y'all would want the heads up.

I've never read the manga in it's entirety before, and I'm really excited to finally do so. Hunter x Hunter made me fall in love with Togashi's art style and paneling, so I really can't wait to dive in.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I know it's more HxH adjacent than anything having to do with HxH proper, but Yu Yu Hakusho just got added to the WSJ vault! I know we love Togashi up in here, so figured y'all would want the heads up.

I've never read the manga in it's entirety before, and I'm really excited to finally do so. Hunter x Hunter made me fall in love with Togashi's art style and paneling, so I really can't wait to dive in.
Nice. I'm still not sure what took them so long. I was hoping they would do new releases with updated typesetting (here's two examples of the issues early on) for the 30th anniversary, but I don't think that's gonna happen at this point.

It's a really quick read, and the early stories that were left out of the anime are pretty good. I also think that the final few chapters that weren't adapted make the ending (given the circumstances) not as abrupt as it was in the anime.

And maybe this is a sign that a Level E release will happen someday. Yeah, I'm still dreaming.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I might check the Manga out just out of curiosity considering I recently rewatched the entire Anime. People often say the Anime completely overwrites it if not straight up fix all the major issues but I'm curious about the differences. YYH will always be my top 3 best Anime of all time.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
It's a really quick read, and the early stories that were left out of the anime are pretty good. I also think that the final few chapters that weren't adapted make the ending (given the circumstances) not as abrupt as it was in the anime.

Yeah, the revelations at the end of the manga are pretty big. At the very least fans of the series should check that out if they've only seen the anime.