• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Gon from a character stand-point does become better as the arcs go on. He was my favourite in Greed Island, however despite his crazy arc in Chimera Ants, Killua rose to my no 1 or no 2 by the end of that arc [tied with Meruem]
Meruem is hands down the best Shonen villain, I do not care what anybody says about this. A person could say Shishio all they want, but that swerve on Meruem is legit. Killua is number one because he's not Gon.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Meruem is hands down the best Shonen villain, I do not care what anybody says about this. A person could say Shishio all they want, but that swerve on Meruem is legit. Killua is number one because he's not Gon.

Yeah, Meruem is quite fantastic. Killua's up there for me because his arc at the end of the day very down to earth, but done fantastically. It's worth saying though that I had a harsh upbringing and had no friends for a long time so I can relate to an extent [obviously I'm not killing people!]

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Meruem is quite fantastic. Killua's up there for me because his arc at the end of the day very down to earth, but done fantastically. It's worth saying though that I had a harsh upbringing and had no friends for a long time so I can relate to an extent [obviously I'm not killing people!]
Might explain why I never really hated Killua. Not too many friends at all, especially post high school me.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, thanks. It's gotten to the point where 10 more chapters sounds like heaven lol. Anything else is a super bonus.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
It comes out on the 29th Jump issue, however scans usually come out a few days before.

Funfact: If Togashi does 10 chapters again, he'd have done 20 chapters in 9 months. Something not done in years. In fact this come-back is the shortest hiatus since like 09 or something like that.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It comes out on the 29th Jump issue, however scans usually come out a few days before.

Funfact: If Togashi does 10 chapters again, he'd have done 20 chapters in 9 months. Something not done in years. In fact this come-back is the shortest hiatus since like 09 or something like that.
IIRC they're aiming for two volumes a year right now.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
YYH Episode 11 - Yusuke with the crazy luck, goodbye Kazemaru (or should i say Swastika Hanzo)
YYH Episode 12 - Man that first punch against Shorin to avenge Kuwabara was so satisfying

Well hopefully shorter breaks between releases becomes a trend. Get Togashi all the noodles he needs!

Nissin Foods are doing God's work by sending those noodles, they must have infused with holy water or something.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they added some Breath of Archangel into the noodles recipe.

thats-good.gif

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I like to think that the evil Nen "Back Curse" has finally been lifted. Togashi must have found a truly powerful Nen exorcist to handle such a malicious aura.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, this journey there's so much even before they reach the DC

- This whole fucking Hunger Games: Prince style and all the sub-plots from this. Will Wobble escape with her mom, the 4th Prince/Kurapika etc

- The other decks, what's going on there. The PT on-board? Hisoka on the hunt? Chrollo's fuming!

- The Fake Continent, drop off the "normal" people, and have the festival there

- Beyond makes his move, the Zodiac traitor

- Reach DC

Gonna be 2-3 arcs of material most likely.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Ultra And once they are on DC if im not mistaken thay are going to the north side which is the labyrinth city and Brion.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god for this man here!

Brion and Papu had me shook.

Brion is just pure intimidation. It's design was already unsettling enough, but that information given on the previous expedition that encountered it really hyped this thing up in my head. We've seen that the Dark Continent is filled with extremely dangerous looking flora and fauna, but this thing in-particular is sounding like Umbrella Corporation's wet-dream. The ultimate bio-weapon.

The other Calamity I'm interesting in is Hellbell, because I want to know exactly why it's so damn dangerous to mankind.

I know we got years till the expedition actually begins, but I really can't wait to see them explore the Dark Continent. Even disregarding the 5 Calamities, this place is fucking insane. How do you trek through this chaos:

hunter_x_hunter_dark_continent_coloring_by_dooperco-d7tjxix.png

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I reckon all of them will be explored/blow-out except Ai and Papu [if I remember correctly victims of those two were stated to be found in the known world, obviously Nanika from Ai and whatever fucking Papu is running about] - For this reason there's room to continue covering the Calamities but in a different arc. Brion, Zombai and Hellbell will be focused on I believe this time around until they get in over their heads and pack it home

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yeah, Gon from a character stand-point does become better as the arcs go on. He was my favourite in Greed Island, however despite his crazy arc in Chimera Ants, Killua rose to my no 1 or no 2 by the end of that arc [tied with Meruem]
Word.
Meruem fluctuates between Cell with a God Complex and Hitler, but then just decides that Gungi is life, so instead of destroying the world with his remaining time, he goes to die with his best pal in a corner. Playing board games. Best character arc ever.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Killua is definitely up there with me. Top 3 for sure with Yusuke Urameshi.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like YYH characters have stronger characterisation but the characters in HXH in general have stronger development. Although, Hxh is far from finished so it's a bit unfair to compare.

Yusuke absolutely embarrasses what was considered "the big 3" for years - Naruto, Luffy and Ichigo, at least in terms of writing.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Doing a rewatch of dragonball, and I just now realized Gon is basically Shonen Incarnate. Goku's Rock-Paper-Scissor, Jojo levels of Swole, Yusuke's devious yet goodhearted nature(especially with the ladies) its all there.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Naruto would talk-no-jutsu Killua within the first few episodes, breaking the Ilumi "curse"

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
I think Jump should do another popularity poll. The last one was like in 2004 or something. It'd be interesting to see the results now with so many newer characters introduced since 2004.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
Killua, Gon and Kurapika aren't that far apart in terms of potential, their ceilings are comparable. We've seen Gon's and I can imagine the other two's peak potential being just as impressive.
A little nitpick; we can't extrapolate much about Gon's peak potential based on what happened in the CA arc other than him being a monster (but we knew that already).
The transformation isn't Gon at his peak, it's all the power Gon will have over the remainder of his lifespan compressed into a single moment. He wouldn't get anywhere close to that level under normal circumstances no matter how hard he trains.

I'd put Kurapika a tier below Gon and Killua simply based on how fast, strong and durable the kids are naturally. Kurapika is much more intelligent, though.