• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Man Benjamin hatsu is great and it show how much he trust his men and his men trust him. The hatsu gives him nothing until his men die, and it may take years for him to get anything of worth and he still might not get anything, they could die prematurely without completing their hatsus or might not even die, but that doesn't matter because they all take a part in support him both in life and death. Really liking this power.

Just imagine Chrolo with this power and associate to the Spiders.

I just realized, Chrollo is on the boat. If he steals this ability it would be a hard counter to Kurapika and Hisoka.

Kurapika could just easily put out another chain in his heart again without killing him.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benjamin is curling a one or two ton dumbbell and can tank bullet fire. He didn't need to rely on a Hatsu to whoop most people's asses. He's gotta be Uvogin levels of strong.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think there's a limit to how many hatsu he can have at one time? the stars are on the underside of his knuckle, maybe 10? If he can use all 10 at once that would be fucking insane

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think there's a limit to how many hatsu he can have at one time? the stars are on the underside of his knuckle, maybe 10? If he can use all 10 at once that would be fucking insane

I think the Stars are related to the power he's using which allows him to create 3 of those spying birds.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Benjamin is curling a one or two ton dumbbell and can tank bullet fire. He didn't need to rely on a Hatsu to whoop most people's asses. He's gotta be Uvogin levels of strong.

Yep he has to be, he tank all the bullets without any damage.
And Kurapika already said that those guns would hurt even with nen and he was right, Furykov is no weakling and got hurt.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, It could be the bird. There are 3 stars shown, after all. Somewhat infuriatingly his pinky is covering the 4th Knuckle so you can't tell if there's one there or not lol.

What made me think the stars are related to ben is the dialogue, he mentions the names of two guards and two stars are lit.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
The biggest thing is that the Cat probably isn't omnipotent, an instant kill regardless of how strong the victim is - that'd be way too broken and we know omnipotent things can't be created. Probably stronger than anything Camilla can do otherwise though.

Basically, if the victim is strong enough to survive, she's fucked.

If the opponent doesn't go for the kill, has some kind of technique that shuts down Nen or anything like that, she's fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
The cat ability would be godlike if not for the fact that she used it on A.) a guy that can collect and transfer intelligence who b.) is transferring his ability to the person she's trying to kill lol.

Normally, if everyone who saw it died, you'd probably get away with a lot of shit. Then again Camilla rolling up in zetsu is pretty dumb- nen users are going to get suspicious like the guy this chap did.

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like HStallion said, I think that's the owl Nen ability. I'm guessing that the abilities he inherits are permanent with no limits to how many he can actually have. I figure that, because the restrictions for Benjamin Baton are so specific and require such a long amount of time, he's able to use the abilities he inherits without much restrictions.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
The cat ability would be godlike if not for the fact that she used it on A.) a guy that can collect and transfer intelligence who b.) is transferring his ability to the person she's trying to kill lol.

Normally, if everyone who saw it died, you'd probably get away with a lot of shit. Then again Camilla rolling up in zetsu is pretty dumb- nen users are going to get suspicious like the guy this chap did.

Yep experienced people would realize something is wrong and would not kill her. But being in zetsu might be a condition so maybe it's needed or maybe she just dumb and used zetsu to die easier.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
She also makes herself suspicious by shouting for the enemy to attack her.

Edit - The cat ability is cool, but I wonder how far it can go. I wouldn't really like using something like that because I know I would be up against something that could counter it with my luck lol.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen that note about the Dark Continent Togashi put out during an art show. No one seems to have translated it that I've seen but I'm curious to see what its about. A lot of numbers that sum up to 840,000.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Interesting,
guess the 1st prince power is a variation on Meruem's "get more nen after <condition>"
While the characters are impressive, it's funny to think that every single one of them would wiped in a matter of seconds by the King.

Camilla's hatsu is incredible too, feels like kind of a cheat to be fair.
It carries its own risk, I'd guess that the condition to activate the cat is for her to be in zetsu.
She'll probably be killed when not in that state.
It's also probably one of the few skill that could be a real counter to anyone, Camilla could literally kill anyone, including the King with that.
To quote Yupi : this nen stuff, it's deep.

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda goes without saying due to the brutal nature of Kakin but man a LOT of people must have tried to kill Camilla for her to come up with an ability like that.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
I can already think of a pretty big one, actually.

It seems like she needs to be killed by an attacker on purpose for it to activate. If that's the case, then the ability poses no threat whatsoever to someone that is fighting not to kill.
couldn't you put her in a situation where she dies due to other circumstances and not having a direct death at your hands? what if you threw her into the ocean and she drowned? would it count?

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Camilla has no chill, wow.
So she has that cat nen beast and the Kakin Pot beast as well?

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
what's interesting is that camilla's nen beast didn't activate at all even though she got shot at. if they live independently of their host then you'd think it would attack. so this means it knows about her nen beast and knew it wouldn't have to attack. that leaves the question of just what exactly does it do. perhaps it will be the counter to having her die by other means. if you try to starve her it will feed her and if you try to drown her it will let her breath.

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what's interesting is that camilla's nen beast didn't activate at all even though she got shot at. if they live independently of their host then you'd think it would attack. so this means it knows about her nen beast and knew it wouldn't have to attack. that leaves the question of just what exactly does it do. perhaps it will be the counter to having her die by other means. if you try to starve her it will feed her and if you try to drown her it will let her breath.
That might be due to her being in Zetsu when she got shot and died temporarily. The Nen beasts don't live independently of their host, that's why they're classified as a parasitic type of Nen. I'm guess that because Camilla had her Nen in Zetsu, her Nen beast wasn't able to materialize and possibly protect her during the attack. Having her Nen beast unconsciously protect her would be counterproductive to her own Nen ability.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
That might be due to her being in Zetsu when she got shot and died temporarily. The Nen beasts don't live independently of their host, that's why they're classified as a parasitic type of Nen. I'm guess that because Camilla had her Nen in Zetsu, her Nen beast wasn't able to materialize and possibly protect her during the attack. Having her Nen beast unconsciously protect her would be counterproductive to her own Nen ability.
oh that's right she was in zetsu. although perhaps that is how she will get out of danger. her pot beast will sense people's ill intentions and then attack before they can carry out any counter to her.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Im curious about what happening with the kid prince, at first i thought maybe they were in a different pocket dimension but then at the end the phones still work. So they are there but not really "there".

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pocket or parallel dimension was what I thought of first too. Like Kurapika said, the phone probably isn't malfunctioning and instead is being routed or was copied and relocated to the pocket dimension. Maryam's Nen beast is still in the room and, by the look of it, in the same area where Maryam is in the copied room.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Benjamin seems to be a very strong Nen user overall, at least that's the vibes I'm getting. Perhaps not high-Zoldyck level but is it a stretch to imagine him being around Phinks/Nobug level?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benjamin seems to be a very strong Nen user overall, at least that's the vibes I'm getting. Perhaps not high-Zoldyck level but is it a stretch to imagine him being around Phinks/Nobug level?

From what we've seen of him his strength and durability are exceptionally high. He was curling that gigantic dumbbell like it was barely a problem and didn't even flinch while getting an entire clip shot into his face.

Oct 25, 2017
Those bullets might as well have been tic tacs. We don't know what would happen if you shot Phinks in the face, but I don't think Nobunaga is tanking an entire clip to the face and not even flinching...unless I'm underestimating the guy.

Oct 27, 2017
From what we've seen of him his strength and durability are exceptionally high. He was curling that gigantic dumbbell like it was barely a problem and didn't even flinch while getting an entire clip shot into his face.

I don't think that proves much. Remember way back as early as after the Hunter Exams the gang were moving those doors in front of the Zoldycks which weighed tons. It's just that we haven't seen feats like that since (and they seem kind of silly and out of place now)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said earlier I'd say he's a beastly Nen user that I'd say is around Uvogin levels from the little we've seen so far. I'd guess he is an enhancer or at least incredibly skilled at enhancer techniques

I don't think that proves much. Remember way back as early as after the Hunter Exams the gang were moving those doors in front of the Zoldycks which weighed tons. It's just that we haven't seen feats like that since (and they seem kind of silly and out of place now)

That also took everyone working together and was no easy feat for them (though I almost suspect "strength" wasn't something Togashi had fully realized in the HxH world) and Benjamin is just having a casual conversation while one arming a couple of tons.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Benjamin is clearly an enhancement user, we do know that he's not the strongest nen user as during his talk with his head body guard he commented on the association being far more knowledgeable about nen than them.
It's just the Troupe and Hisoka are on a ridiculously other level that they made the Association look like chumps.
I wouldn't be surprised if Benjamin and his guards were just below the zodiac 12...then again when you realize that the 12 had Ging and that guy is a monster...
The scale and range of power in HxH is bigger than the last 2 arcs let it on.

Those bullets might as well have been tic tacs. We don't know what would happen if you shot Phinks in the face, but I don't think Nobunaga is tanking an entire clip to the face and not even flinching...unless I'm underestimating the guy.

You are, Nobu is nehancement as well.
He's just an idiot.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So that note Togashi released about the Dark Continent at the art show has people speculating its about the accumulation of Nen during the Succession War and how the winner of the battle will gain all the aura of everyone involved. Going by the numbers that would make them even stronger than a Royal Guard. All speculation though and for all we know its a recipe for Togashi's favorite Nissen noodles.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
So that note Togashi released about the Dark Continent at the art show has people speculating its about the accumulation of Nen during the Succession War and how the winner of the battle will gain all the aura of everyone involved. Going by the numbers that would make them even stronger than a Royal Guard. All speculation though and for all we know its a recipe for Togashi's favorite Nissen noodles.
It could be both...
It seems more likely that the Nen beast would get the collective nen of all the aura.
It would easily explain the king's nen beast.
Then again maybe then the nen beast have an effect on the host and the winner also gets the will of all the losers.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
I mean based on Bisky's true form you'd think she's an Enhancer too. Gon and Killua were lifting big ass rocks and Killua's a 64 tonner by the election arc and they're like ants to Ben in mass. Perhaps he's just big built and has trained Enhancement efficiently. I also say this because his ability doesn't seem Enhancement focused, I mean how would it work?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
An enhancer doesn't have to have an enhancement type nen.
It's just easier for that person to use that type of nen.
See Kastro for example, guy was enhancer but still managed to master cloning which is a manipulation/emission/materialisation combo.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean based on Bisky's true form you'd think she's an Enhancer too. Gon and Killua were lifting big ass rocks and Killua's a 64 tonner by the election arc and they're like ants to Ben in mass. Perhaps he's just big built and has trained Enhancement efficiently. I also say this because his ability doesn't seem Enhancement focused, I mean how would it work?
I mean how does an all seeing owl Nen stand even work? Nen is deep.
Benjamin is clearly an enhancement user, we do know that he's not the strongest nen user as during his talk with his head body guard he commented on the association being far more knowledgeable about nen than them.
It's just the Troupe and Hisoka are on a ridiculously other level that they made the Association look like chumps.
I wouldn't be surprised if Benjamin and his guards were just below the zodiac 12...then again when you realize that the 12 had Ging and that guy is a monster...
The scale and range of power in HxH is bigger than the last 2 arcs let it on.

You are, Nobu is nehancement as well.
He's just an idiot.
Then why doesn't Nobunaga ever get to do anything? All he did was slice of guy that controls dogs head. I'm still sort of amazed that the most dangerous people in HxH aren't the big hulking characters.
See Kastro for example, guy was enhancer but still managed to master cloning which is a manipulation/emission/materialisation combo.
Didn't Kastro's clone ability fuck up his level progression though?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once you get to a certain level Nen mastery the ability to expand your powers into other categories becomes much easier

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Then why doesn't Nobunaga ever get to do anything? All he did was slice of guy that controls dogs head. I'm still sort of amazed that the most dangerous people in HxH aren't the big hulking characters.
Because Nobu is an idiot and has very poor intuition so he only got to kill one dude that anyone cared about.
He's seen as one of the bodyguard of the troupe on the level of Uvo so he's clearly no chump and should be incredibly more dangerous in a straight fight than other members like Sharnalk or Paku who are recon type members.
Hopefully we finally see what he is capable of.
We know he can do En but he only use it to fight so he doesn't need to expand beyond his sword's reach either.
If I was a guess guy I would have bet that his hatsu is manipulation type and has something to do with his sword...but that would be too obvious.
Didn't Kastro's clone ability fuck up his level progression though?
Yep but he was kind of a noob, talented fighter that was baptised by Hisoka and he basically learned all he knew about nen in 1 year.
Benjamin is training since he was a kid probably. He should have known nen for at least 10 years or something considering how everyone talk about his skills.

Aren't Ging and Bisky the only ones so far like this though...and Netero since his gilded Buddha stand was all types of broken?
Netero spent an ungodly amount of time praying.
His nen IS praying, it's even more broken than it looks like.

Oct 25, 2017
Because Nobu is an idiot and has very poor intuition so he only got to kill one dude that anyone cared about.
He's seen as one of the bodyguard of the troupe on the level of Uvo so he's clearly no chump and should be incredibly more dangerous in a straight fight than other members like Sharnalk or Paku who are recon type members.
Hopefully we finally see what he is capable of.
We know he can do En but he only use it to fight so he doesn't need to expand beyond his sword's reach either.
If I was a guess guy I would have bet that his hatsu is manipulation type and has something to do with his sword...but that would be too obvious.

Yep but he was kind of a noob, talented fighter that was baptised by Hisoka and he basically learned all he knew about nen in 1 year.
Benjamin is training since he was a kid probably. He should have known nen for at least 10 years or something considering how everyone talk about his skills.

Netero spent an ungodly amount of time praying.
His nen IS praying, it's even more broken than it looks like.
How many times can Netero pray in the stopped time? I would like to see Nobunaga actually do something though. Even Bonolenov got to do something and he looks like a boxing mummy. This current arc is starting to make me wonder how many Prince's actually know Nen. I wasn't expecting Camilla to know it and Benjamin is a monster.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
How many times can Netero pray in the stopped time?
That is anyone's guess.
As long as there is a will there is a way, his prayer's manifestation is Goddess Kannon.
His nen is basically the manifestation of the goddess he is praying to.
No wonder he was OP after that.
I would like to see Nobunaga actually do something though. Even Bonolenov got to do something and he looks like a boxing mummy.
It's Togashi, any prediction will end up being wildly wrong.
This current arc is starting to make me wonder how many Prince's actually know Nen. I wasn't expecting Camilla to know it and Benjamin is a monster.
We can't even guess that the 3rd prince doesn't know nen as it could be a ruse on his part.
Camilla, i sorta expected it but not to this extent though. Something like that is really messed up.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many times can Netero pray in the stopped time? I would like to see Nobunaga actually do something though. Even Bonolenov got to do something and he looks like a boxing mummy. This current arc is starting to make me wonder how many Prince's actually know Nen. I wasn't expecting Camilla to know it and Benjamin is a monster.

He did 10,000 prayer punches in an hour by the end of his wilderness days and was able to strike Pitou in less than a tenth of a second.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017

Obviously.

However, any Nen user that's even remotely competent aren't going to severely limit themselves by creating their ability with a Nen type that isn't even their main affinity, and Ben is clearly competent and smart, bit hot-headed at times but he knows what he's doing. The main abilities of Enhancers are generally simple because of how balanced they are, and Ben's Hatsu is anything but simple. It's Nen 101 - Enhancers aren't going to use types like Conjuration and Manipulation as the basis for their ability, sure they can add it in to add layers but that's a different discussion altogether. Netero used to other Nen types to compliment his Hatsu, but it's because of his Natural affinity of Enhancement that the statue was so ridiculously strong in the first place, that and he trained literally decades endlessly.

Ben's Hatsu seems like a Specialisation type to me, although I could also see arguments for Manipulation. However, in either of these cases he's obviously going to be a Manipulator or Specialisation type that's also trained Enhancement and his physical strength.

Oct 27, 2017
That also took everyone working together and was no easy feat for them (though I almost suspect "strength" wasn't something Togashi had fully realized in the HxH world) and Benjamin is just having a casual conversation while one arming a couple of tons.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Testing_Gate
I had thought that, that it was one of those early series strength scales that wasn't quite well established, but the gates are once again referred to as late as the Election Arc. The first time, after the Hunter Exams, Leorio, of all people, could open the 8 ton gate while Kurapica and Gon could only open the 4 ton. When Killua returned after the Chimera Ant raid he was able to open the 64 ton gate

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Netero did 1000 puches in 1 min during the King fight.
That's over 15 punhes/prays in a 0.9 seconds.

Netero is godly.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Obviously.

However, any Nen user that's even remotely competent aren't going to severely limit themselves by creating their ability with a Nen type that isn't even their main affinity, and Ben is clearly competent and smart, bit hot-headed at times but he knows what he's doing. The main abilities of Enhancers are generally simple because of how balanced they are, and Ben's Hatsu is anything but simple. It's Nen 101 - Enhancers aren't going to use types like Conjuration and Manipulation as the basis for their ability, sure they can add it in to add layers but that's a different discussion altogether. Netero used to other Nen types to compliment his Hatsu, but it's because of his Natural affinity of Enhancement that the statue was so ridiculously strong in the first place, that and he trained literally decades endlessly.

Ben's Hatsu seems like a Specialisation type to me, although I could also see arguments for Manipulation. However, in either of these cases he's obviously going to be a Manipulator or Specialisation type that's also trained Enhancement and his physical strength.
Nen is heavily dependent on personality as well.
Enhancer are enhancer because their personalities is pushing them to use nen in that way.
His nen could be a very simple set of conditions that fit an enhancer or could be something rather complicated.
The fact that his nen is really just "some guy swear his life to me, I get his nen after he's dead if it's activated" doesn't feel like the set of conditions are that complicated but more that the conditions "swear his life" is a strong condition, there's apparently also the condition that Benjamin has to follow his subordinate's will as well.
It's kinda like Meruem, the King would get the aura of anyone he eats. We still don't know what type of nen user he is then again at his scale I'm not sure it means anything.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does, but it limits your profiency and powers.

I'm talking the highest end users of Nen who've been doing it for years, or even decades, and know Nen so well and have such a fine control of it that they can basically use other categories far more freely and easily than those "normal" Nen users.

Oct 26, 2017
This was such an incredible chapter in a long line of incredible chapters. So glad it's back.
At first reading it I'd forgotten what Camilla's guardian beast looked like and thought the cat was it - but nope that's her nen ability. Crazy. Looking forward to the new volume release so I can have a good re-read of this arc.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I'm talking the highest end users of Nen who've been doing it for years, or even decades, and know Nen so well and have such a fine control of it that they can basically use other categories far more freely and easily than those "normal" Nen users.

It's good for them in a way of holding back some, but against the same high level users it probably won't work.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's good for them in a way of holding back some, but against the same high level users it probably won't work.
It really depends on the situation.
Even when your opponent is Meruem you can probably find a solution that's half assed.
Then again between Meruem and Netero both knew that in a straight fight regardless of any tool used Netero never had a prayer.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Nen is heavily dependent on personality as well.
Enhancer are enhancer because their personalities is pushing them to use nen in that way.
His nen could be a very simple set of conditions that fit an enhancer or could be something rather complicated.
The fact that his nen is really just "some guy swear his life to me, I get his nen after he's dead if it's activated" doesn't feel like the set of conditions are that complicated but more that the conditions "swear his life" is a strong condition, there's apparently also the condition that Benjamin has to follow his subordinate's will as well.
It's kinda like Meruem, the King would get the aura of anyone he eats. We still don't know what type of nen user he is then again at his scale I'm not sure it means anything.

Benjamin following his subordinate's will is not a condition, he just saying he will not let his men's efforts go to waste, also him not getting anything of worth for years while his men develop is a harsh condition, he may not even get anything if they not die.