• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

Executive produced by Academy Award-winner Jordan Peele and led by legendary Academy Award-winner Al Pacino, Hunters follows a diverse band of Nazi hunters living in 1977 New York City. The Hunters, as they're known, have discovered that hundreds of high-ranking Nazi officials are living among us and conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the U.S. The eclectic team of Hunters will set out on a bloody quest to bring the Nazis to justice and thwart their new genocidal plans.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for it. Didn't Peele say he wasn't going to cast a white dude as the lead in any projects? I guess Pacino don't count haha

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in for it. Didn't Peele say he wasn't going to cast a white dude as the lead in any projects? I guess Pacino don't count haha
I think he said "I can't see myself casting white leads". I don't think he ruled anything out, just shared his current thinking at the time.

Could just be that at the time he didn't have any plans for working on something that draws on historical contexts that would naturally have a white lead. If (for example) the lead here is infiltrating Nazi organisations, depending on the approach it would perhaps not really fit to have anything but a white lead.

It says diverse cast though. I'm sure there will be black actors here.

For all the racist tantrums people had about his prior statements, both Get Out and Us had lots of white actors too.

Edit: oh yeah if he's only producer on this, that would make sense too.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even recognize that was Pacino.

I assume he was talking about projects he was writing/directing.
I think he said "I can't see myself casting white leads". I don't think he ruled anything out, just shared his current thinking at the time.

Could just be that at the time he didn't have any plans for working on something that draws on historical contexts that would naturally have a white lead. If (for example) the lead here is infiltrating Nazi organisations, depending on the approach it would perhaps not really fit to have anything but a white lead.

It says diverse cast though. I'm sure there will be black actors here.

For all the racist tantrums people had about his prior statements, both Get Out and Us had lots of white actors too.

Edit: oh yeah if he's only producer on this, that would make sense too.

I mean I kinda figured this was the case but had to get a teasing in, just thought it was funny since Pacino crosses all racial lines. The dude played a cuban drug lord lmao

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
anything anti nazi is always good seeing as how these type of people exist in 2019 U.S.A sadly.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Amazon does a pretty decent job with its programming. Seems like a pretty decent cast too

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Bumping this because I just saw a commercial for it and was gonna make a thread for it.
Wtf?!?
This sounds great!!!!!

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Saw the commercial during the Super Bowl. I love the concept and it looks well made... I hope it's good.

any early reviews/impressions?

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Really struggling with Percy Jackson, but will have to see how the rest of the cast pans out

Pacino is doing so little its almost like hes not there and just sitting most of the time

Not incredibly engaged with it so far

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not great so far. Acting is pretty good. Writing goes from decent to terrible. Premise is ridiculous which I'm here for but I'm just not feeling it through 4 episodes. I'll keep watching

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a fan of several of the actors in this. 3 eps in, there's a bit of tonal shifting, but I'm trucking along for now, I'm interested enough

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two episodes in and I find the show pretty distasteful with how it handles the subject matter. I don't think turning Nazi hunting into a pulpy comic book show works but maybe it wouldn't feel so gross if the show was tonally consistent instead of being all over the place. It can't seem to figure out what it wants to be and nothing works together. Very disappointing.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
Ya know I couldn't really get the tone from the trailer but it totally works in these full length episodes.

Pacino is great.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Two episodes in and I find the show pretty distasteful with how it handles the subject matter. I don't think turning Nazi hunting into a pulpy comic book show works but maybe it wouldn't feel so gross if the show was tonally consistent instead of being all over the place. It can't seem to figure out what it wants to be and nothing works together. Very disappointing.

That's exactly how I felt when I watched the first episode. I didn't end up hating the show but it just felt disjointed.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I like the premise and the cast, but two eps in and the cracks are already starting to show, its too pulpy and the most creative bits seem to tragically be about how nazis killed people in the holocaust. The antagonist is obvious trying to channel Anton Chigurh, but the guy sucks so it just looks like a Dane Dehaan cosplay.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I like the premise and the cast, but two eps in and the cracks are already starting to show, its too pulpy and the most creative bits seem to tragically be about how nazis killed people in the holocaust. The antagonist is obvious trying to channel Anton Chigurh, but the guy sucks so it just looks like a Dane Dehaan cosplay.
Yeah, that chess game left such a foul taste in my mouth. There might be a way to do this show and stay kind of pulpy but it's definitely not the way they did it.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that chess game left such a foul taste in my mouth. There might be a way to do this show and stay kind of pulpy but it's definitely not the way they did it.
Im glad its not just me, I even stopped watching Handmaid because I felt the production has having a bit too much fun with the gendered torture, I hope it finds its footing because it wants to be Munich and Inglorious Bastards at the same time, and I love both of those movies but its not still working for me.

But I like nazis getting killed, Pacino is great on this and my prime expires tomorrow, so ill continue.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know the show came out, popped on Amazon to take a peek and saw that there were a ton of 1 star reviews. Read them, and noticed a ton of tiki torch fuckheads screeching about "PC" and "SJW".

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 10...that twist was sublime, I did nazi that coming
wow.png

Yōkai_0h-No

Nov 20, 2018
This show has the Marvel Netflix problem where the episode's feel too long and padded with unnecessary filler conversations that just repeat.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Just finished it. I loved every second of it. Only wish there was more Nazi killing, but still felt good. The twist was good, but you could see it coming if you pay close attention.

I did some research, and yeah, the U.S. government really sucked. Google Huntsville, Alabama Nazis

God this country sucks.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Show was awesome. Everyone hit it out of the park, especially Pacino. He nailed that role so well.

Went in blind as a bat just based on Pacino. Pleasantly surprised!

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My favorite part of the show was when
Werner Von Braun got electrocuted in the balls until he said what he knew about the Fourth Reich, admitted to putting a biochemical agent in corn syrup before laughing maniacally, and then a few minutes later gets shot in the head.

I encourage everyone to spoil the show for themselves because it's kind of flabberghasting. I feel like if you asked a 13 year old boy to write a show about Nazis you'd end up with this word for word.