• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Greetings-from-the-Jersey-Shore-Postcard.jpg

Yes that place you heard about once from a show on MTV has non-vapid people who grew up and/or still live and work there.

From Sandy Hook to Cape May and everything in-between, the Garden State's own little slice of heaven has entertained millions of people for generations, including former presidents, celebrities, and notorious criminals. The one place on Earth where Republicans are staunch environmentalists, towns are a square mile in size for no good reason, and property taxes will make your head spin.

With so much history and weirdness abound, the Jersey Shore has been a force in popular culture for decades. So go ahead and ask your boy Jersey Tom whatever's on your mind about the land that Bruce Springsteen made famous.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Does the whole giants/Jets thing seem strange to the people of Jersey? Btw, they're still playing in New Jersey, right?

OP
OP
Jersey_Tom

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
shit. you goin to his ceremony next week? I like you, minus the south nj part.

Central Jersey is totally a thing. 732 for life.

And I wish! Unfortunately I'll be working in-studio that day but we'll be covering it in studio.

What's new jersey weed culture like?

It's definitely amped up with Murphy's administration coming in and legalizing recreational weed. Though there's a ton of concern about how this is going to be done.

The current worry is that weed will be regulated like beer was back in the 90s in that there were almost draconian regulations on who could brew what and how much personally or as a "craft" brewery.

Same issue exists with weed. The worry is that the state is only going to allow certain businesses who have away with Trenton to control the legal weed business in the state. Because corruption and New Jersey go together like pork roll and eggs on a sandwich.

Does the whole giants/Jets thing seem strange to the people of Jersey? Btw, they're still playing in New Jersey, right?

The fact that there's two teams in the same building or that they're New York teams that play in Jersey? I mean with this area there's 9 major sports teams if you don't count the Red Bulls and NYCFC, so just having different teams that play the same sport in close proximity to one-another isn't all that strange for us.

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Driveby Post.
Why don't all of you just fuck off to /r/iama or /r/casualama where you belong?

OP
OP
Jersey_Tom

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
What is the current jersey shore first pumping anthem

I'm sure it's something from Pauly D, Diplo, or Girl Talk. The one thing I'm completely oblivious to is what's hot in the clubs on the Shore right now. Always been more of a punk/hardcore/hip-hop guy.

The old Tweeter Center (now BB&T Pavillion) is a great place to see a show. The aquarium is also nice. But the place in general is a horrible example of corruption and underdevelopment that the people who live there are desperately trying to make the most of. Camden deserves better.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
It's the same shit. Garbage beach. But then again. It's a beach.
Jersey beaches always seemed to get the shit end of the Atlantic's weather cycles. I was more into the boardwalk myself. Grandpa used to cuss at the game booth people because him and grandma were carnies and didn't want to get yelled at to spend money on games lol

I was young then, so maybe I wouldn't find much interesting there now as an adult.

OP
OP
Jersey_Tom

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Is Seaside Heights still any good? Used to visit there with my family (mom's parents are from Forked River and Delawana).

Still referred to as Sleazeside for good reason. Boardwalk for the most part is fine but outside of "Local Summer" I rarely visit. There's plenty of other beaches that offer what Seaside offers without the worst of the worst Staten Island element. Or as most people vacationing from New York or super North Jersey are known as, Bennies.

woodcutter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nj
Jersey beaches always seemed to get the shit end of the Atlantic's weather cycles. I was more into the boardwalk myself. Grandpa used to cuss at the game booth people because him and grandma were carnies and didn't want to get yelled at to spend money on games lol

I was young then, so maybe I wouldn't find much interesting there now as an adult.
if you have kids I would take em to wildwood or cape may. seaside is TRASH.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I suggest making the thread about the entire state and not just the shore.

At my new job, we have quite a few people who are new to the state. I had to explain to one person that deep dish pizza is a casserole. Shit isn't pizza...

Diners though...If your local spot isn't open 24/7, you're small time.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Still referred to as Sleazeside for good reason. Boardwalk for the most part is fine but outside of "Local Summer" I rarely visit. There's plenty of other beaches that offer what Seaside offers without the worst of the worst Staten Island element. Or as most people vacationing from New York or super North Jersey are known as, Bennies.
if you have kids I would take em to wildwood or cape may. seaside is TRASH.
hahaha ouch, maybe that was just something my grandparents were reliving from their younger days. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.