• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is a great bonus for PS5 owners on PS+ but I noticed it is still PS5 only. Especially since those systems are so hard find these days.

I only found out since I setup a second gaming setup with my old PS4. I wanted to download some but nah lol.

You think Sony will bring this to the PS4 or just not worth it since it is old hat?

As a reminder these are the PS collections games

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • God of War
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Until Dawn

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's basically an extra incentive for buying a PS5. So I doubt it'll come to PS4.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised PS Collection is actually still available at all. They haven't added anything and it just seems like something to pad out PS5's launch

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it is something to entice people to buy the ps5 as I don't think that will be a big enough factor for people to consider. It's just a bonus for a newly released system that doesn't have a big library and something that tries to soften the lack of a true gamepass competitor

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Honestly, if you somehow missed the PS4 generation, I can't think of anything better than the PS Plus Collection to catch you up. I mean god, quite a few of the best games of all time are there.
Free Bloodborne? Are you kidding me

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nahh this will stay with PS5. People can barely buy a PS5 so it's not really surprising.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Great collection of games but not at all surprising to me given Sony's kind of frictional stance on cross generational software access so far that it's PS5 exclusive.

Really hoping there won't be an issue with me trying to upgrade my Uncharted 4 disc copy to PS5 version because I claimed the PS4 version in this collection… like the weird FFVII scenario last week.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sony doesn't care about people that own a PS4. They want you to buy a PS5 now.

Oct 30, 2017
People have already covered it.

But as Sony re-evaluates and relaunches their subscription offerings, there's a decent chance that the PS+ collection is part of a larger collection of games being offered with the subscription service.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
i have a somewhat related question as someone who is thinking of getting a ps5. i assume that the titles in the PS5 collection that have a free PS5 upgrade (like the last of us remastered and days gone) will be able to play the PS5 versions in this collection, correct?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i have a somewhat related question as someone who is thinking of getting a ps5. i assume that the titles in the PS5 collection that have a free PS5 upgrade (like the last of us remastered and days gone) will be able to play the PS5 versions in this collection, correct?
Those 2 don't have native PS5 versions.
They're just played via backwards compatible.

Edit: but obviously get any ps5 performance boosts, for example days gone is 60fps on ps5

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
If you claimed the games on PS5, you can play them on PS4.

But as far as PS4 only owners being able to claim them, thats still not possible.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
They have no reason to bring it to PS4, and half the games are 3rd party. I don't see them renegotiating the deal to include 10s of millions of PS4 owners who could have played those games anytime they wanted to.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
You can claim some of those on PS4 if you have the demo or beta something on ur download history

s y

Nov 8, 2017
It's a bonus/incentive to make sure every PS5 buyer also subscribe to PlayStation Plus.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'm more surprised that a year has passed and they haven't added or switched some of the games.

Glace

Banned
Dec 8, 2021
It's more about getting people who buy a Ps5 to also buy PS plus than getting people to buy ps5 at this point. Like you buy a brand new PS5 and for the price of one game you can play 16 games that are really high quality and pretty much everyone loves.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Shhhhhhhhhh... I don't think PS4 only owners know about this collection!

But seriously can folks see in the PS4 Store?

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
I was a little shocked when I lost all of them once my PS+ sub lapsed. I thought it was a just a PS5 perk, lol.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Shhhhhhhhhh... I don't think PS4 only owners know about this collection!

But seriously can folks see in the PS4 Store?
You can't. Doesn't appear at all.

It's basically a big UI thing on the PS5.

But it ain't free you need fork out hundreds of dollars. You can buy those games on ps4 for cheaper then a ps5.

I guess I"m more used to the unified services approach everyone but Nintendo and Sony seem to be taking.

I can still have an Xbox One hooked up with GP and have access to pretty cool stuff. The PS4 isn't limited here since there's still a lot of PS4 SKUs.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm more surprised that a year has passed and they haven't added or switched some of the games.

The Plus Collection was more than likely just a stop-gap measure for them to deploy at PS5 launch until Spartacus was ready. Once Spartacus is launched the games from the Plus Collection might just get absorbed into one of the tiers along with hundreds of other games.

I too thought they might add or switch the games at the 1 year mark, but the knowledge that Spartacus is launching in the Spring explains why they haven't done it. The Plus Collection won't be needed anymore at that time.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
It's an incentive of buying a PS5 and subscribing to PS+.

I'm surprised some are still expecting Sony to give this out to everyone lol

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I think it's pretty clearly a bonus for PS5 owners. Even if they don't need it, the more logical decision would be to discontinue it entirely. There's no incentive to giving it to PS4 owners as presumably those games are still selling on PS4 (I know people who bought Persona 5 Vanilla).

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it is something to entice people to buy the ps5 as I don't think that will be a big enough factor for people to consider. It's just a bonus for a newly released system that doesn't have a big library and something that tries to soften the lack of a true gamepass competitor
The announcement before launch convinced me when I was on the fence 🤷🏻‍♂️

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
It's a weird bonus. It's not a PS+ perk and it's not a PS5 perk. It's a PS+ on PS5 perk. Very specific. And while it's a great collection and I'm happy to have access to a lot of greats I've missed last gen, it's a poor showcase of PS5 as there's very little in terms of upgrades

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
Sony didn't offer it out of the kindness of their heart, it was to make up for the lack of games to play at launch.

Sign in on a friend's PS5 and claim them on your account, then you can play them on your PS4.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Sony didn't offer it out of the kindness of their heart, it was to make up for the lack of games to play at launch.
Doubt it. The PS5's launch lineup was very good.

They likely wanted to emphasise the service differently and uniquely for those users (especially ones that aren't subscribed to PS+), while it also acts as a taster for their upcoming service expansion next year.