• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 31, 2017
Whenever they have a new game or media. It's subconscious at this point.

mv-peach.png

mario_asleep.jpg

So much more fun and full of character than the cutesie squeaks and grunts from the games.
I'm fully aware the actual show itself was kinda garbo.

Koopas voice is just magnificent. The voice they give Bowser from Sunshine and Galaxy is just...ugh.
They're the definitive versions for me. Except Toad. He sucks and can die under a freeway bridge.
Bob Hoskins & John Leguizamo were both more than decent too.

PS. I do the same for Jaleel White. Not Robotnik though. As wonderful as both of his VA's were.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Everytime I think of Mario's voice from the cartoons I always think of the "mama?! mama luigi?!" line.

I love Charles Martinet's take on Mario but I always found it interesting that when he auditioned for Mario, he originally performed with the gruff Brooklyn accent instead of the high pitched italian accent.

Jaleel White as Sonic was the greatest casting of all time though. He and Ryan Drummond are definitely my fave English voices for the character.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
swing your arms from side to side
come on its time to go
do the mario

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, so you're saying that ghostbuster is part of the mario universe?!

Ernie_Hudson.jpg

This would totally explain the origin story of how Luigi got into bustin' ghosts and his fear of them.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Charles Martinet has been voicing Mario for over twenty years that it's probably weird to some adults to hear Mario's older VAs from the cartoons.

I love Charles Martinet's take on Mario but I always found it interesting that when he auditioned for Mario, he originally performed with the gruff Brooklyn accent instead of the high pitched italian accent.
Is there a video or audio of this? I'm curious to hear what was his original voice for Mario was like.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Slime Busters fucked me up for life. I bought a Legend of Zelda VHS and had to watch Slime Busters before Zelda.

Thanks Nintendo

Last edited:

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Charles Martinet has been voicing Mario for over twenty years that it's probably weird to some adults to hear Mario's older VAs from the cartoons.

Is there a video or audio of this? I'm curious to hear what was his original voice for Mario was like.

This isn't the actual audition tape but he goes into detail about why he chose the softer voice.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
A number of King Koopa's plots were just grade A troll material, instead of seemingly actual means to take over the kingdom/world. And if not that, they were (mostly) competent ruses like opening up a fast food joint where he got to keep the money (including all of the Mario Bros and Princess' savings).

All the more reason why I love him over the canon redhead Bowser! Better Dad, overall, too.

OP
OP
Stay Up Be Easy
Dec 31, 2017
holy shit, so you're saying that ghostbuster is part of the mario universe?!

Ernie_Hudson.jpg

This would totally explain the origin story of how Luigi got into bustin' ghosts and his fear of them.

Guess who else is canon?!?

Elvira is a childhood treasure!
a1eoio307ca21.png

We got Luigi hunting ghosts with a vacuum cleaner.
Now just shove Peach in a tight revealing black dress and have her say nasty puns and we're golden.