• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
How long has that been? Like twenty years ago? I still feel stupid for asking for this thing. I so wanted Duke Nukem 3d to be good on it. It wasn't. But it did have lights out which was the only good game it had..........

I regret this purchase.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I bought a Gizmondo around the same time...

867702gizmondo(2).jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I had a game.com and r-zone as a kid.

The game.com wins on account of the built-in solitaire game.

I can think of no games (outside bad ports) for either system.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
I'm trying to build a collection of old handhelds and the game.com is one of those where I think, ehhh... not ever worth it for the curiosity.

OP
OP
Douche McBaggins The 4th
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Using the ableist slur "midget"; previously banned for using ableist slur.
I had a game.com and r-zone as a kid.

The game.com wins on account of the built-in solitaire game.

I can think of no games (outside bad ports) for either system.
Remember that midget in the commercials calling everyone idiots? I think he was talking to the people who bought the game.com

Oct 26, 2017
Worst system I got was probably an ActionMax. Honestly it wasn't that bad. Sure it was totally mindless, but I mean, I was in first or second grade.

OP
OP
Douche McBaggins The 4th
Oct 28, 2017
There was even ports of Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania SOTN for the Game.com. I remember seeing footage of both from a usenet form back in 1999 or so.
castle111.jpg

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i spent $200 on a virtual boy at launch so don't feel so bad

i thought game.com sounded neat at the time, if it weren't B&W i may have been suckered into it

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Game.com even has a port of Mortal Kombat Trilogy that doesn't have Scorpion or Sub-Zero on the roster. Pretty unbelievable.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
I bought an N-Gage around the launch window.
I needed a new phone around then anyway. Don't judge.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
You are fine OP there were at least a couple good games on it ( it had a decent tennis game iirc and a puzzler).
I bought a playdia...
That s unredeemable.
Quiz are fine and interactive episodes enjoyable the first time but... no gameplay in there.

Deleted member 28962

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I remember stopping by the Game.com display at Toys 'R Us and really wanting one. I was intrigued by the online and touchscreen features.
Shit there's another commercial. I don't even remember this one. Just has kids screaming out in agony while showing gameplay footage.

An example of '90s X-Treme marketing.

Last edited:

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
I bought a tapwave zodiac. I think I had duke and I cant remember how it ran

I also bought a shield portable and just recently a gamegear.

I love retro portables, theyre so quirky and fascinating to me

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I bought an N-Gage around the launch window.
I needed a new phone around then anyway. Don't judge.

I still remember that one kid in class who had one saying in a snarky tone "well... you have a phone and if you want to game, you have to bring another thing...I have both in one".. like he just recited some ad slogan. Even back then we all knew the thing was shit. I always have to laugh when I think about it.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man I feel bad buying these now for dirt cheap just for the collection

Still not buying an R-Zone though

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I still remember that one kid in class who had one saying in a snarky tone "well... you have a phone and if you want to game, you have to bring another thing...I have both in one".. like he just recited some ad slogan. Even back then we all knew the thing was shit. I always have to laugh when I think about it.

in my naivete i thought the thing just may give GBA a run for its money, when i heard the concept. never occured to me phones were essentially becoming mini PCs anyway