• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!

I don't know, one each? Just quote the one you want. I'll say whether they claim to be expired or not and what service (website) so you have some idea of the risk involved. The roadshow ones might be the strictest Australia-only ones.

- Hateful 8 (no exp date on site so maybe doubtful) roadshow.com.au
- Deadpool Foxredeem.com (Exp 25/05/2018)
- Fury Road (valid) Roadshow.com.au
- Oblivion (Exp 31/12/2016) Ultravioletuniversal.com
- Ex MAchina (Exp 31/12/2017) Ultravioletuniversal.com
- Interstellar (Exp recently) roadshow.com.au
- Riddick (Valid) roadshow.com.au
- Bladerunner 2049 (Valid) sonypicturesultraviolet.com (bought 2nd hand so may be used)
- Arrival (Valid) Roadshow.com.au
- Passengers (Valid) Roadshow.com.au (Chris Pratt Sci-fi one)
- Assassin's Creed (Valid) - foxredeem.com
- Jurassic World (Exp 31/12/2015) ultravioletuniversal.com
- Man of Steel (exp 5/11/2015) flixster.com/getuv
- Spiderman Homecoming (valid) sonypicturesultraviolet.com
- Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Valid) roadshow.com.au (Don't know which version)
- Suicide Squad standard version (valid) roadshow.com.au
- Suicide Squad Ext version (valid) roadshow.com.au
- Senna (exp 08/12/12!) Universaldigitalcopy.com (probably super dead!)

Assassins creed please

TotalMackerel

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks!

I don't know, one each? Just quote the one you want. I'll say whether they claim to be expired or not and what service (website) so you have some idea of the risk involved. The roadshow ones might be the strictest Australia-only ones.

- Bladerunner 2049 (Valid) sonypicturesultraviolet.com (bought 2nd hand so may be used)
- Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Valid) roadshow.com.au (Don't know which version)

Could I try deadpool?

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

Could I try Assassins Creed or Oblivion please?

Blind

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

I'll try Suicide Squad ext or Hateful 8, if you still have either. Thanks!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks!

Could I get Riddick? Thanks.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks!

Man of Steel?

QBComics

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

Would love Hateful 8!

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm starting to get angry. Tonight I bought Die Hard 4K/HDR for $4.99 on iTunes. Yet it showed up as HDX not UHD on Vudu via Movies Anywhere. Had this happen with The Matrix. In between bought all eight Harry Potter movies the same way with no problems, showed up as UHD with HDR.

Do I need to stop buying 4K on iTunes thinking that it will pass through MA without getting downgraded to 1080p/SDR?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I'm starting to get angry. Tonight I bought Die Hard 4K/HDR for $4.99 on iTunes. Yet it showed up as HDX not UHD on Vudu via Movies Anywhere. Had this happen with The Matrix. In between bought all eight Harry Potter movies the same way with no problems, showed up as UHD with HDR.

Do I need to stop buying 4K on iTunes thinking that it will pass through MA without getting downgraded to 1080p/SDR?

Vudu does not have Die Hard in UHD, so it doesn't matter if you bought it in iTunes in 4K. If Vudu doesn't have UHD rights, it can only provide you the best available content it is licensed for.

If you have the rights for a UHD title in your MA account, and Vudu later gets that title in UHD, the rights will pass through.

Storefronts don't magically get new content encodes simply because you purchased a better version elsewhere.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know where to ask this so I'll ask here. I bought Tomb Raider 2018 on Vudu but it's not showing up on my MA account or any accounts linked to it . Any ideas why that might be the case?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know where to ask this so I'll ask here. I bought Tomb Raider 2018 on Vudu but it's not showing up on my MA account or any accounts linked to it . Any ideas why that might be the case?

Stuff is weird. Bought movie on iTunes and it didn't show up in other places.

It's not weird, not all studios support MoviesAnywhere. Tomb Raider is not supported. If you go to MoviesAnywhere.com and search for a movie and it's not there, it won't transfer to other services. Looks like Tomb Raider was partially distributed by MGM, who aren't a part of MA unfortunately

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Vudu does not have Die Hard in UHD, so it doesn't matter if you bought it in iTunes in 4K. If Vudu doesn't have UHD rights, it can only provide you the best available content it is licensed for.

If you have the rights for a UHD title in your MA account, and Vudu later gets that title in UHD, the rights will pass through.

Storefronts don't magically get new content encodes simply because you purchased a better version elsewhere.

Thanks. I was totally unaware. I thought as each service gets 4K the others do also. Fortunately when I purchased all 8 Harry Potter films in 4K on iTunes they carried over via MA. Hopefully Die Hard and The Matrix get upgraded for me at some point.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's not weird, not all studios support MoviesAnywhere. Tomb Raider is not supported. If you go to MoviesAnywhere.com and search for a movie and it's not there, it won't transfer to other services. Looks like Tomb Raider was partially distributed by MGM, who aren't a part of MA unfortunately
Thanks for the explanation. I was under the impression all studio were onboard.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks. I was totally unaware. I thought as each service gets 4K the others do also. Fortunately when I purchased all 8 Harry Potter films in 4K on iTunes they carried over via MA. Hopefully Die Hard and The Matrix get upgraded for me at some point.

Nope. The various digital storefronts are in competition with one another. They don't always all get the same stuff at the same time.

What matters are the rights that you own in your locker. In this case, you care about the MA rights. If you purchased UHD in iTunes, then your MA transaction log should show "Die Hard iTunes*4K" in the log. As long as it shows there, whenever another linked service gets the title in UHD the rights will push over.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
That's what I thought too, until I recently bought Annihilation on VUDU for a discounted price and it didn't transfer over to MA, because of Paramount.

Vudu lists MA or UV compatibility on every single product page, so you know if/where a movie transfers to.

Movies Anywhere lists all compatible movies on its site as well.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Hmm. I have a 3rd gen AppleTV, not the 4K one. I know the new 4K digital release will be the remaster of the film, which is supposedly a huge improvement over the blu for a lot of things, but wonder if the 1080p version on iTunes will just be a downscaled new restoration, or the old 1080p master that blu ray is still stuck with. (Yes, the blu ray in the new 4K disc set is the old master)

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hmm. I have a 3rd gen AppleTV, not the 4K one. I know the new 4K digital release will be the remaster of the film, which is supposedly a huge improvement over the blu for a lot of things, but wonder if the 1080p version on iTunes will just be a downscaled new restoration, or the old 1080p master that blu ray is still stuck with. (Yes, the blu ray in the new 4K disc set is the old master)
are you talking about a specific film? You make it sound so but don't mention the actual title. ;)

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Sigh. That was what I wanted to get. Found it for like $1500 or so recently. But couldn't afford. Got the Denon 930 for $400. It will do for a few years until I can afford a 6x00 series one.
I do need to get height channels though. Sadly this one if you add height you have to remove the 2 side channels so it is either 7.1.0 or 5.1.2
But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sigh. That was what I wanted to get. Found it for like $1500 or so recently. But couldn't afford. Got the Denon 930 for $400. It will do for a few years until I can afford a 6x00 series one.
I do need to get height channels though. Sadly this one if you add height you have to remove the 2 side channels so it is either 7.1.0 or 5.1.2
But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

It's pretty sick in terms of capabilities. But I had gone all out and upgraded all my home theater components (new 75" Vizio M75, LG 4K Blu ray player, Xbox one X and 4 in ceiling speakers.

The Denon amp. Is incredibly light weight as well. My old Onkyo TX-SR800 weighs like 75 lbs and this is maybe 30?

Totally worth it.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
It's pretty sick in terms of capabilities. But I had gone all out and upgraded all my home theater components (new 75" Vizio M75, LG 4K Blu ray player, Xbox one X and 4 in ceiling speakers.

The Denon amp. Is incredibly light weight as well. My old Onkyo TX-SR800 weighs like 75 lbs and this is maybe 30?

Totally worth it.
Soon. Soon.
Telling myself that extra $1000 would go towards an OLED TV. Priorities.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Soon. Soon.
Telling myself that extra $1000 would go towards an OLED TV. Priorities.

I was looking at an LG 65" but I wanted the size so I went 75" LED. OLEDs of that size are in the 5 figure range so it didn't make sense. The Vizio picture quality is pretty damn impressive HDR10, Dolby Vision, etc. Totally worth it IMO.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I was looking at an LG 65" but I wanted the size so I went 75" LED. OLEDs of that size are in the 5 figure range so it didn't make sense. The Vizio picture quality is pretty damn impressive HDR10, Dolby Vision, etc. Totally worth it IMO.
I need those black levels from OLED. Been on plasma for nearly a decade and OLED is the closest I can get to an upgrade on black levels.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 1 gifts from Nightfall!

This is a raffle that will expire in a day. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

t1532059989z0.png

How to Participate:

To enter this giveaway click here to send a private message to me, GiftBot, with the subject line entry.

In the message body, copy and paste the entire line below for the prize you wish to win. You are allowed only 1 entry per giveaway.

Available Prizes:

Black Panther (Google Play US only) -- GB-c0ec26b7-f736-498e-8425-1e76418bab06 - Won by Strider_Blaze

Last edited:

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 1 gifts from Chessguy1!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

t1532017390z0.png

How to Participate:

To enter this giveaway click here to send a private message to me, GiftBot, with the subject line entry.

In the message body, copy and paste the entire line below for the prize you wish to win. You are allowed only 1 entry per giveaway.

Available Prizes:

The Shape of Water -- GB-b6370d59-b245-4543-875a-776031446878 - Won by BastardSamurai

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chessguy1

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 1 gifts from Chessguy1!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

t1532017390z0.png

How to Participate:

Available Prizes:

The Shape of Water -- GB-b6370d59-b245-4543-875a-776031446878

USA, my bad, left it out

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
First time (?) I see Gift Bot being used in this thread. Crossing fingers for that Black Panther.

Also going to raffle in a code for $3 Vudu credit. Couldn't really think of something to rent.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 1 gifts from Strider_Blaze!

This is a raffle that will expire in a day. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

t1532061910z0.png

How to Participate:

Available Prizes:

Vudu $3 Movie Credit (expires 7/22) -- GB-f65b87e6-ec6d-4a9b-ad31-33fc0c80ba44 - Won by Ramsiege

Last edited: