• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vexii

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
UK
As far as I can find across pretty much every single resource provided by Ubisoft and Sony, I should be able to put my disc into the console, click the three dots and access a free upgrade to the PS5 version by going to the product page, but all I'm being given is the opportunity to buy the game at a 33% discount lmao.

The case says that this game is entitled to the free upgrade, so I don't understand why this isn't working.

Is anyone else having this problem? It also looks like something similar might have happened for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, too.

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
Are you in Europe? It's a known issue with ubisoft games in Europe, I have it with Valhalla. Playstation and ubisoft haven't said anything about it, Twitter is full of people complaining

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This is an ongoing issue that has impacted UK users. It's also not possible to upgrade Valhalla.

Ubisoft is just ignoring it. Their latest acknowledgment comes across as an automatic response.

www.resetera.com

Ubisoft’s PS5 updates don’t appear to be live in the UK (maybe EU?) [UPDATE: free upgrades now available]

got my ps5 today and yup, just a prompt to buy it on the psn store for £60 when inserting the ps4 disc. a quick scan of twitter reveals this is happening for both valhalla and watch dogs legion (maybe a good thing?) ubisoft is currently preventing me from fulfilling my fantasy.

This page has definitely closed. To find your favorite forums and threads, go to https://discussions.ubisoft.com.

This page has definitely closed. To find your favorite forums and threads, go to https://discussions.ubisoft.com.

Last edited:

Mashdyno

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Hmm, I was able to download and launch the ps5 version using the ps4 disc. I was never able to get my save file to work so I just had to give up and go back to the ps4 version to finish it.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The same issue with Just Dance 2021.
That doesn't have the PS5 version yet, either.
Hell, the game has ZERO challenges and 1 (Fan kit, not in-game) reward on Ubisoft Connect.

So these games really weren't ready for release yet.

OP
OP
Vexii

Vexii

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
UK
This is an ongoing issue that has impacted UK users. It's also not possible to upgrade Valhalla.

Ubisoft is just ignoring it. Their latest acknowledgment comes across as an automatic response.

www.resetera.com

Ubisoft’s PS5 updates don’t appear to be live in the UK (maybe EU?) [UPDATE: free upgrades now available]

got my ps5 today and yup, just a prompt to buy it on the psn store for £60 when inserting the ps4 disc. a quick scan of twitter reveals this is happening for both valhalla and watch dogs legion (maybe a good thing?) ubisoft is currently preventing me from fulfilling my fantasy.

Thanks for these resources, hugely appreciate it.

This Turkey account creation, you're saying that you couldn't get your save data to work on it?

Also would that prevent me from ultimately being able to tie the PS5 version to my main account when they eventually fix this problem?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Thanks for these resources, hugely appreciate it.

This Turkey account creation, you're saying that you couldn't get your save data to work on it?

Also would that prevent me from ultimately being able to tie the PS5 version to my main account when they eventually fix this problem?
With the Turkey account I wasn't able to see any of my manual PS4 saves and would only list the Ubisoft Connect cloud saves. If you are just wanting to see your latest save then this method should be fine, but for me personally I don't want to replay 40 hours of the game again to pop trophies so I can get the platinum on PS5.

I have seen reports on a trophy related forum (psnprofiles) that transferring the saves from PS4 to PS5 will work giving you the ability to pop trophies if you have made manual save points throughout the game. That was my plan at the very least. I'm not sure if me using the Turkey download now prevents me from accessing those PS4 saves. I'll just do a fresh install/download once this issue has been resolved and see what the situation is.

As an aside, Ubisoft are now "investigating" the issue, so hopefully this will be resolved today:
www.eurogamer.net

Ubisoft investigating missing Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla PS4 upgrades on PS5

UPDATE 2/12/20: Players now report a fix has been pushed live, and came into effect yesterday evening UK time. Ubisoft …

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's diabolical that this hasn't been fixed yet.

Although OP please be aware that currently Watch Dogs Legion is an absolute clusterfuck of a buggy mess right now, with several major problems that Ubisoft still haven't fixed yet.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Create a psn account in Turkey and try upgrade using that, it worked for me.

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
Does this only apply to the disc version? We bought the PS4 digital version at launch and then downloaded the PS5 version last week when we got our PS5s without any issue. (Legion).

Fieran

Oct 29, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
So bumping this a little.

The reason for this error is because for some reason, Ubisoft sent out CUSA 13035 discs to the UK (check your cases spine, its at the bottom under the ubisoft logo)

13035 is the turkish license. UK is 13034. Some people even got Russian, 13036.

This is why the trick of creating a turkish PSN account fixes it. Pretty much, Ubisoft sent the UK the wrong discs. And now they can't seem to find a way to fix it.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
If it is a software-based region lock then that sounds like something that should be easy to remedy. Like flicking a switch. I know they don't like grey imports but this is a mess they made. The whole mess, and their lack of communication on the matter, has been infuriating.