• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
When your main character is the most annoying person in the show, don't be surprised when you get canceled. Sabrina should've ended with season 2. Idk how her friends kept letting her do more bullshit.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Not since The Room has a piece of media chosen chaos like Riverdale. It makes Eric Andre's show look like a CBS procedural.

Hot Take: They should have kept going with "Dark Betty". S1 style.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
riverdale-doritos.jpg

Nothing like seeing the evil dude advertising Doritos while plotting some sinister attack. I don't even know whats going on and why the cast of the show are all teachers now but I laughed so hard that it made watching it worth it lol

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Riverdale is a total mystery to me.

How...How does this fucking series continue to get made.

I swear the writers are trying to get fired but the executives at the CW keep approving everything in a cocaine fueled haze from which there is no end.
Every single season of this show is like a 8 season full run of a "normal" show. It's incredible

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Riverdale fans know the triumphs and defeats, the epic highs and lows of high school football

Oct 28, 2017
I never read the comic but i think this show could have been called anything else and not lost a single thing. I guess kids today love Archie comics.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never read the comic but i think this show could have been called anything else and not lost a single thing. I guess kids today love Archie comics.
Nah, not really. Like the entire point of this show is to update the franchise to be more appealing to today's youths after 50 years of being the squarest freaking comic book in the world, and it doesn't seem to have succeeded in that regard, but The CW is basically the hate-watch network, and this show is so hate-watchable...

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

lmao

Is Riverdale about vigilantes or something
It's about a town with dark/hidden mysteries and the individuals who live there. Especially Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead Jones. S1 delt with a murder mystery and high school shenanigans. S2 was about a serial killer and several other subplots. S3 if I remember correctly is about a cult & drugs. S4.... I legit can't remember. Tons of crazy shot happens. At one point it was so dumb I dropped the show for like 18 episodes straight. I came back for S5 tho.

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, not really. Like the entire point of this show is to update the franchise to be more appealing to today's youths after 50 years of being the squarest freaking comic book in the world, and it doesn't seem to have succeeded in that regard, but The CW is basically the hate-watch network, and this show is so hate-watchable...

I watched some episodes and Betty had this multiple personality/dark half and I'm curious to see where that went. If she didn't become the big bad for one season im going to be disappointed.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the first two episodes of this show on a flight once and it made me want to jump out of the plane. It's not "so bad it's good", it's the answer to "what if a terrible show from the mid 2000s that got cancelled after 4 episodes, actually kept going". It makes stuff like Gossip Girl look like The Sopranos in comparison. It's baffling and I can only assume it's filled with horny teen bait and that's why people still watch it.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Riverdale's first season was honestly pretty fun and coherent.

But man, I've never seen a show go off the rails so fast. One of the early season 2 episodes had Betty trying to be initiated into a gang, and she had to perform a strip tease and pole dance routine to get in the gang. She was doing that in front of her mother and boyfriends father (who was clapping). They also gave her some "Dark Betty" persona where she became a camgirl. The character is supposed to be like 15 or 16 btw, shit was so uncomfortable lol

OP
OP
SilverX

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Characters reverting to their worst selves at the start of a new season unfortunately happens a lot in shows with poor hilariously entertaining writing.

This is like undoing 4 seasons of the character in the fifth season though lol. I would say this has to be the worst I have witnessed of that lol

Sabrina was (somehow) worse tho, or at the very least, just as bad

Idk about Veronica being very smart...

I could have sworn I heard her say in an episode that she runs multiple businesses, acts as an agent for Archie, and gets straight A's simultaneously lol.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can never find it, but there was an episode of Bones where they spent 3 minutes talking about her brand new toyota that can self park and beep if someone is behind her. It was so out of place.
A bunch of shows from that time period did this. Off the top of my head, New Girl, House and White Collar are had really blatant car advertising.

I think there's even a car chase in White Collar where one guy says, "We're gonna lose them," and the other guy says, "Nah, don't worry, this is a FORD. We'll catch them."

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're all here, this is a classic:

I can never find it, but there was an episode of Bones where they spent 3 minutes talking about her brand new toyota that can self park and beep if someone is behind her. It was so out of place.
Bones did Toyota product placement in more than one episode. I could only find this clip as an example.