• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/yOUUS6JIRQ0?si=XFZ3fvJ1QmDk1neM

I remember listening to this and flipping through the Sonic Archie Comics that were on the menu.

I remember thinking to myself "Why is this song so sad sounding?" Maybe it reflect the time that is gone?

But at the time, seeing all those Genesis games gave me feeling for my younger days. Maybe it's so sad is because it was the end of an era?

I always had an odd enjoyment of the title track.

Never realized it until you pointed it out just now, but yeah, the music in this game/compilation is pretty stellar.
Also, the first place I played Ristar, so I owe it a lot of praise.

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, I do feel doubly nostalgic about it. For the games in the collection as well as the collection itself.

What a great piece of music.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I always hear this game's OST in YouTube videos and forget where it comes from since it hasn't been the method I've used to play the OG Sonic games since the 2000s. It's great, though.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Thanking God every day there's no way to check playtime on Gamecube. My mega collection hours would be days, maybe even weeks. So much of it was in that History section too, they had a lot of stuff there.

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
Gems Collection also has a really good new age vibe soundtrack, though much less melancholy than mega collections. I miss when game collections used to have a bunch of work put into them. Seems like only Digital Eclipse are willing to actually put in the work.

Frobert

Oct 28, 2017
Don't remember the last time I booted up this collection but I've never forgotten the menu music

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mega and Gems Collection(s) still the GOATs in terms of "original songs in a game compilation"

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
SEGA's sound team designing music for a brand new 2D Sonic game:

142f0-16954448686621-1920.jpg

SEGA's sound team designing music for a compilation of hastily emulated games:

artworks-000414245706-i6fgjn-t500x500.jpg

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Sega Sound Team, of course it's great.

The game did have some really nice menu songs. No idea if the PS2 version had these same songs or not though.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The music that plays in the museum section of Mega Man Legacy Collection never fails to inject me with a massive dose of nostalgia (and part saudade as well) for some reason, and I aren't even familiar with that piece of music from my youth. It's originally from Rockman 3 Complete Works, which was an enhanced port of Mega Man 3 for the PS1 that sported a new UI and a remixed soundtrack.

The thing is, I never played Mega Man 3 back in the day, not on the NES or on PS1. I played it briefly in the mid-2000s at a friend's house, but that wouldn't have been enough to really make an impression. My first time really listening to the track was in the Giant Bomb quick look of the Legacy Collection back in 2015. I remember watching it a couple of times. The music really made an impact on me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TB_DlubCaE
www.youtube.com

Mega Man Legacy collection: Museum Music (Extended)

I couldn't seem to find this anywhere else, so I uploaded it myself. Enjoy!I don't own this music in any way shape or form.

Here's a really good remix of it:

View: https://youtu.be/rTztyFFs-yc
youtu.be

Password Screen (Catchy Record Remix) - Mega Man 3 / Rockman 3

Here is a remix of the Password Screen theme from Megaman 3 / Rockman 3 for the NES / Famicom.Hier ist ein Remix der Password Bildschirm Musik aus Mega Man 3...

Yeah there's just something about the Legacy Collection music that grabs me.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the main menu and especially the extras menu themes are absolutely top tier. The game was the PERFECT Sonic Collection for us Nintendo fans just getting started after playing his newest masterpiece Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Sonic could not MISS between 2002 and mid 2005 (ending with Gems Collection IMO).

Speaking of, I uploaded and (not AI) upscaled and deinterlaced to 60fps the famous History of Sonic vid via the original .sfd file ripped from the disc:

View: https://youtu.be/89B-uT9yTjY