• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Topic title!

Help me out! Love to hear some ideas for how to prep the most basic but easy option.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Dredge in flour, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, any other seasonings you like, cook in butter and olive oil, finish with lemon juice and more butter

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I use a "needle/spike" meat tenderizer on tenders or breast cuts. Then I place the chicken in pickle juice for half a day.

I then use seasoning from an online spice list for copycat Chick-Fil-A breading. I also add MSG, which is what CFA uses. Most lists leave that part out.

Stuff is good. That may be more complicated than you wanted.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Pound it flat so it cooks quickly and evenly. Coat it in cajun seasoning. Grill.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Throw it into a slow cooker for 8+ hours on low with your favorite seasoning, shred it(it'll just fall apart), and enjoy various easy chicken dishes like wraps, sandwiches, salads or loaded potatoes all week.

Nov 4, 2017
Roll in one of the following combos and pan fry, BBQ or bake:
  • Gochujang, rice wine vinegar, mirin and soy sauce
  • Soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and honey
  • Corn crumbs/panko, oregano, paprika, ground cumin seed, salt, pepper and garlic powder
  • All purpose seasoning (then toss it through. Buffalo or BBQ sauce after).

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Toss it in powdered ranch seasoning and then breadcrumbs.

Shallow fry until cooked to perfection.

Have it over pasta or with your favorite sides.

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
Lots of Italian seasoning and rice with cheese. I'm pretty basic, but it's tasty. I bake the chicken too usually, frying is still difficult for me.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Dredge in flour, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, any other seasonings you like, cook in butter and olive oil, finish with lemon juice and more butter
This sounds fantastic! I would pair this with sautéed mushrooms and onions.

I did a chicken dish a little while ago.

Flatten breasts into sizes that are about palm sized. On half of each palm place cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, celery salt, dehydrated buttermilk powder, bacon bits (or tiny cubes of ham), add parsley/spinach/fresh green for flavor and color and then fold over each palm.

Pan Cook each palm until browned on each side (about 2-3 minutes a side).

Place into cooking dish and cook in the oven at 400 F(~205 C) until the center is 165F (~74C).

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
over the past few years, whenever I run out of chicken ideas I just make chicken adobo

it's such a simple thing to make and it's really delicious

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
pat chicken dry, tenderize with mallet, dry brine it with kosher salt for a few hours uncovered in the fridge, remove excess liquid, season before cooking (I use garlic, thyme, cayenne, paprika, black pepper, olive oil, sometimes lemon zest).

edit: I usually bake or sous vide chicken breast. Everything else goes in the pan with some oil unless its a whole chicken.

SEATLiens

Aug 28, 2019
Seattle
is it a whole chicken?

www.youtube.com

Spatchcock Roast Chicken (The Fastest, Juiciest Method) | Kenji's Cooking Show

Donate to No Kid Hungry here: https://p2p.onecause.com/livestreamfornokidhungry/kenji-alt-lopezGet my books (including The Food Lab and my new book, The Wok)...

www.youtube.com

How to Properly Roast a Chicken | Kenji's Cooking Show

A perfect roast chicken is one of the great culinary pleasures. Here's a good way to do it if you want breasts so juicy you'll fight for them.I don't take sp...

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
I like flash grilling thighs on the BBQ with a basic rub, and them cooking them in a chipotle/adobo, veg, tomato sauce in the instant pot for 30 mins. Take the chicken out and shred it, blitz the sauce. Super easy and delicious with nachos, tacos, burritos etc

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
If we're talking boneless chicken breast, my favorite easy go to is oil a glass pan, butterfly the chicken and lay them in there, and dump in whatever you want. Sometimes I'll use BBQ sauce, or a nice Italian dressing, or a heavy heavy dose of Cajun seasoning. You could use your own seasoning mixture but I'm lazy and like storebought stuff.

Oven at 450F, bake for ~15 minutes/until internal temp is good.

My personal favorite combo is BBQ with a good serving of Heartbeat habanero hot sauce mixed in

OP
OP
Dice

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Roll in one of the following combos and pan fry, BBQ or bake:
  • Gochujang, rice wine vinegar, mirin and soy sauce
  • Soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and honey
  • Corn crumbs/panko, oregano, paprika, ground cumin seed, salt, pepper and garlic powder
  • All purpose seasoning (then toss it through. Buffalo or BBQ sauce after).

I have a near-full bottle of rice wine vinegar that I dont know what to do with, so this post has me excited. ♫ Thank you Bearious

OP
OP
Dice

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What kinda chicken are we talking here? Breasts? Thighs? Bone in? Skin/skinless?

I got me one of those 12 pack of boneless/skinless chicken breasts that I primarily wanted ideas for... but I kept it vague intentionally and it's been great seeing so many ideas for any kind of chicken. đź‘Ť

Miedo

Oct 27, 2017
I like to make chicken breasts using a sous vide water circulator ( keeps water a specific temperature) . I marinate it in a brine , then let it cook in the water bath for about an hour and half, then I pan fry it to make it have a crispy texture , and serve . It comes out amazingly well.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
I got me one of those 12 pack of boneless/skinless chicken breasts that I primarily wanted ideas for... but I kept it vague intentionally and it's been great seeing so many ideas for any kind of chicken. đź‘Ť
Just be careful following a recipe that uses thighs, if you sub breasts they'll usually come out dry af. Whatever recipe you use, my advice is use a thermometer and cook until 150 (instead of 165 which is complete overkill). You'll get very juicy (and totally safe) results, as long as you let it rest for a couple minutes at that temp.

Depending on what you have in your fridge you could just toss a couple breasts in a skillet, cook to 150 (flipping them over every few minutes), then make a simple pan sauce out of the leftover fond in the pan. Serve with some veggies on the side and u got a fabulous, easy dinner

youtu.be

The Secrets to Easy & Delicious Pan Sauces | Techniquely with Lan Lam

Pan sauces are a quick and easy way to level up regular pan-seared meats, fish, and poultry. Cook’s Illustrated's Lan Lam shows you how to achieve versatile ...
youtu.be

Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Pan Sauce and Spring Vegetables; Kenji's Cooking Show

Hi. I've decided to call this series Kenji's Cooking Show because "The Cooking Show" was already taken, and this show is about me, cooking. There is not much...

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
Roast whole, season the cavity with salt and pepper and insert a half a lemon. Tie legs with twine.
Rub over with olive oil season outside of chicken with salt and pepper. Put in a cast iron pan in an oven set to 425f.
Cook until themometer in the breast reads 165 and juices run clear.
While the pan juices are still very hot put in chopped fresh thyme and spoon over the whole chicken. Serve and squeeze more of the lemon juice on the plated chicken if you want.

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017

TBH I would just boil that shit. Wait for it to cool. Shred it. Toss it in whatever sauce. Then use it as a protein on a salad.
If we're talking bones and skin n whatnot, pan frying it and cooking it in a mole sauce is the way to go. It's super flavorful and you can just add whatever to the sauce and it still tastes geat.

OP
OP
Dice

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are we talking dark or white meat here?
Usually white, but i do accept dark meat options and suggestions

image_2024-03-19_125203751.png

Mar 12, 2024
One of two ways.

Pan fry with olive oil, salt and pepper, then oven bake for 20 minutes.

Or flour, egg, some kind of breading (I use blended potato chips), oven bake for 50 minutes.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

image_2024-03-19_125203751.png

Next time you have chicken thighs you should try shoyu chicken, a classic Hawaiian dish, so simple and delicious.

Every recipe is different but here's how I do it:
-I use bone-in, skin-on thighs
-Make a marinade with the sacred ratio: 1:1:1 sugar/soy sauce/water. I add a couple tablespoons of rice vinegar. For four thighs, I use half a cup of each in the 1:1:1. If you don't fuck with this, it becomes really hard to mess up the final result.
-Marinade the breasts for at least a couple of hours, turning every so often
-Sear the chicken in oil in a steel or iron pan….steel is better because you don't want to lose the skin. Meanwhile, pour the marinade in a pot, add another 1:1:1, so at this point you've got a cup of sugar, a cup of soy sauce and a cup of water. no it's not healthy. Bring to a boil for a couple of minutes
-Once the chicken is seared on both sides, add to pot of sauce and reduce to low heat. Add aromatics and stuff - more rice vinegar, maybe some chili oil and/or togarashi, sesame oil and mirin are both good, whatever you have on hand that seems like it will be good is probably going to work. Essential ingredients at this point are a couple thinly-sliced green onions, freshly minced garlic and some sliced ginger. I like to use a LOT of fresh ginger.
-Let the chicken simmer in the sauce on LOW heat. It will probably take about thirty minutes for the chicken to fully cook, but it can be good to let them simmer for up to an hour. You're looking for a honey-like texture for the sauce.
-serve over rice and enjoy. Sticky/sweet rice is best but normal white rice is fine. Garnish with sesame seeds and/or raw green onion

Last edited:

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Instapot with seasoning of your choice for long enough that it shreds, toss it over some tortilla chips, cover it with cheese and any toppings to heat, then broil it for a bit to melt. Put on any cold toppings of your choice.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
I usually make Chicken Adobo. It's super easy to do in a pressure cooker and tastes great.

Xavien

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 3, 2017
Flatten, roll in all purpose flour, then egg, then panko breadcrumbs, shallow fry, slice breasts, serve with hot Katsu Curry sauce poured on top on a bed of Sushi Rice and boil some sugarsnap peas (add msg to taste).

Chopsticks optional, also 100% bookmarked this thread for ideas later...

Last edited:

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
For boneless skinless breasts I like to cut them up and marinate them for at least 30 minutes. Marinade: 1 tbsp garlic paste, 1 tbsp ginger paste, .5 tbsp sambal olek, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 lime juiced. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and toss the chicken in. Saute in a non stick skillet. I usually add whatever fresh veggies I have on hand and rice to round out the meal.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/P7bHbYkQ6RU?si=ZZtRUF-KmRJReB5s

Lau's got some great chinese chicken recipes, this one's for chicken breast specifically

If you're willing to deepfry, Kenji's got an amazing super easy fried chicken sandwich recipe:

View: https://youtu.be/AQNg1dPKUFU
also japanese curry is always a nice comfort pick

View: https://youtu.be/QhsrBz9Cceg

Personally I like marinating chicken in some kind of yogurt and spice mix, and then baking/broiling it for a nice easy dish. Really good way to keep the chicken juicy and moist