• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Era, meet Mina

lhYpTIJ.png

TeoBTgo.png

She's an 8 week old French Bulldog, and my first dog after being a cat person my whole life. Me and my fiance have thought about getting a dog for awhile, but I had an elderly cat, and we knew she wouldn't have handled it well. Unfortunately Baleen passed away last year at the age of 19, the first time I had to euthanize a pet, and it was pretty devastating. I got through it with the help of my fiance and my other cat, and we started to think about getting a new pet. We weren't actively looking for a dog, but the stars aligned and there happened to be a litter of Frenchies in my small town that would be ready at the time we'd have the most time to look after it.

It was hard to say no.
wewDkMH.png

Mina meeting my friend's towering Irish Wolfhound/Greyhound mix.
4PhY2Ek.png

My other cat, Bowie, isn't too thrilled. Constantly hissing, even at me when she smells the puppy on my hand. She's getting better, and I'm hoping she warms up to the puppy since you could tell she's been lonely since Baleen passed away.

It's been an interesting couple of days. I've only ever had cats due to how hands off they are, so this will be a quite an experience in the coming months.

Cat Tax, Baleen and Bowie a couple years ago.
KgdgPFA.jpg

Last edited:

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Irish Wolfhound-Greyhound mix. WOW. That's an awesome mix. Make sure he doesn't get your new little guy stuck in his throat.

Seriously, French Bulldogs are incredibly cute. I've never actually met one, but I understand they are very friendly and playful. Enjoy your new buddy.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats OP! We adopted a Pomeranian about a half a year ago. Love him to death. He's super friendly with people but I don't think the previous owner socialized him with other dogs. I swear he wants to go for walks just to start shit with other dogs. Lol.

Poor guy was losing his mind with all the fireworks this weekend. Shaking like he was gonna have a heart attack.

OP
OP
Ferrio

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone.

Irish Wolfhound-Greyhound mix. WOW. That's an awesome mix. Make sure he doesn't get your new little guy stuck in his throat.

She loves all dogs. When she goes to the doggy day care they don't really have any kennels big enough for her, so she stays in the main play area all day. So she gets to play with all the dogs that rotate through the day, friendly to all.

yeah, its a really cool looking mix

Your dog is cute but I want to see more photos of that awesome wolfhound/Greyhound mix.

Sure
p8DYx01.png

AVDtedk.png

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I had a workmate who had a purebred Irish Wolfhound. He was HUGE, but he was such a gentle giant. He was 160 lbs when I knew him.
Considering that French Bulldog will probably be around 20 lbs when full grown, it's amazing these creatures can be considered the same species. They are so different.

OP
OP
Ferrio

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I know no-one really cares, but it's been 3 months and it's been an exhausting ride. She's a lot easier to care for now, but still quite a bit of work. Currently she's got a cold of some sorts, so lots of snot and sneezing.

The cat and puppy get along pretty well. Quite a bit of play fighting but no animosity.
nDCpCDP.png

She actually looks like a real dog.
if0JugL.png

Enjoying what summer we have left
HpLPape.png

Last edited:

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Adorable!

My family were never cat people but my parents took in my little bro's frat cat a few years ago and he and the dogs have come to be best buds. the cat loves to play-attack the dogs, he's recently escalated to aerial attacks. it's hilarious, especially the dog's stonefaced reactions like "wtf are you doing dude this does not affect me"

OP
OP
Ferrio

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
One last update since it finally happened, they're sleeping together and it only took 4 months. She'll be getting spayed next week, so this will be the last of the puppy posts and I'll see you guys in the Era pet threads.

ZuB4rkV.jpg