• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I eat whatever what I want but I just limit the portions.

I will cheat maybe 3 times a month but it doesn't really impact things in the long term.

You need to find something that works for you and is sustainable.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How do y'all eat so much.

Lack of self discipline. It happens during thanksgiving in particular, it's common as hell but people need to learn how to cook for themselves and just tupperware the correct amount of calories. Cheat meals are fine on the weekend. Hell, just knowing when to stop eating is key.

Noaloha

Oct 27, 2017
I think the OP's described enough to indicate that this is a here-and-now problem, not a going forward 2021 goals sort of problem. They've successfully lost a shit-ton of weight, they exercise daily, they are hyper-aware of their weight-gain to a point of putting their head in the sand. The availablity of food - the ease of / want for another plate - is the issue as I see it described. Or rather, the mental toll that that behaviour is taking, specifically.

Would that the OP could just easily nullify their current daily mood dives with the knowledge that they successfully went from 210 to ~150. But I get that it isn't exactly that easy, true as it is.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
lol I just looked at my face for the first time in like 4 days (no this doesn't mean I didn't do skincare or brush my teeth) and I wanna fucking cry over how bloated it looks

It's ok this is temporary

Going to drop some general info that's probably been stated before; look into eating one meal a day (omad) or some other Intermittent Fasting (IF) protocol. You could even do keto, but you still have to track calories.

Resistance training, even if it's just body weight exercises, beats cardio when you consider the caloric benefits post workout.

You can make your face less round by working out your jaw. Losing weight helps, but I've gone up and down as much as 35lbs and kept a jawline after making it a priority.

Lastly, try to be stress free and stay busy. Stress and boredom have always been huge problems for me when I was trying to lose weight or maintain.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Going to drop some general info that's probably been stated before; look into eating one meal a day (omad) or some other Intermittent Fasting (IF) protocol. You could even do keto, but you still have to track calories.

Resistance training, even if it's just body weight exercises, beats cardio when you consider the caloric benefits post workout.

You can make your face less round by working out your jaw. Losing weight helps, but I've gone up and down as much as 35lbs and kept a jawline after making it a priority.

Lastly, try to be stress free and stay busy. Stress and boredom have always been huge problems for me when I was trying to lose weight or maintain.
Thank you ❤️ Generally though I do intermittent fasting and keto, actually! And you're right about that. The past couple of weeks were a very potent combo of both stress and boredom. And also my mindfulness in general goes out the window the second I start binge eating so I kinda need to never do that again

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
As a type 1 diabetic same here. The holiday season is murder on my body. I try as hard as I can to maintain stable blood glucose levels, but the confluence of routine being disrupted, sickness being everywhere, and food that is full of sugar all over the place makes it nearly impossible. I can handle the later, the first two though I have yet to find a good workaround short of being a massive asshole and refusing to participate.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Dude, same. Between all the booze and cookies and cakes and whatnot, I look like shit. Or at least, feel like shit. But a drunk shit, so not all is lost. Ate so many damn potatoes yesterday.

December is always a hard month. Like every department at work picks a day to just unload sweets, and it's hard to say no to free chocolate. My mom also bakes like a crazy person. But come next week and then January, it'll be back to normal. Should hopefully shed the few pounds I picked up.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The pandemic has actually had me eating much healthier than I normally would have, not just at the holidays, but for the second half of the year. Since I just spent the entire holiday season at home, I've eaten the normal things I always eat. I've also gone from eating fast food multiple times a week to maybe once every two weeks.

Though I do nothing but sit inside all day, so I haven't lost weight, but I haven't really gained much either.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I put on like 4lbs since like August and I feel terrible about it lmao.

The complete lack of being able to go out due to lockdown is the result of it sigh.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
OP, whether or not you did or didn't gain weight isn't maybe the most important thing here. I'd really encourage you to find ways to work on accepting your body. The talk of hating yourself or being sad / upset over a few pounds sounds like something that is deeply mentally destructive.

I'm not saying you can't have body goals, but reading your first post reminds me a lot of people I know with high levels of guilt and self-body-shaming.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Thank you ❤ Generally though I do intermittent fasting and keto, actually! And you're right about that. The past couple of weeks were a very potent combo of both stress and boredom. And also my mindfulness in general goes out the window the second I start binge eating so I kinda need to never do that again

As long as you know how to hop back on board, don't stress too much when you cave, as we all do it. I used to be a part of a fasting cult, it helped for awhile-- find a group of people with similar goals to help keep you accountable. I think even era has regular weight loss challenges.

Lastly, I think I really changed my face by chewing. I used a jaw thing called chisell, you can find knock offs on amazon or Ebay.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Try not to regret the food you've already eaten. That's done. You can make better choices tomorrow and the holidays are only a short period of time anyway. In the grand scheme, they're a blip over the course of a year of consistent healthy eating.

If you or anyone else in the thread are interested, you could see about joining the 12 week challenge I'm running for the first quarter of 2021. Sign ups are open until New Years.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Been staying home with my parents cuz no job/money and been having the opposite experience. I don't want to lose weight and ive lost 9lbs in 2 months.

Ill eat my first, sometimes only meal at 3pm and my dad will be like "wow eating again?" And other unnecessary comments and i'll just not eat the rest of the day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holidays are indeed an awful time for trying to maintain and keep track of your progress. There's just so much happening all the time. Personally I have the opposite problem where the holidays always presents itself as a time where I sadly lose a couple of kilos and will have to fight to put them back on after the holidays are over. I've tried being mindful of it, but the easiest thing for me the last couple of years has just been letting it go and enjoy time with the family. Dieting returns with a vengeance in January.

Jac_Solar

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think we should normalize this type of thinking towards eating and body image. I see a lot of posts here about people feeling guilty about just eating food

Agreed! But.. if you want to lose weight, isn't it beneficial to feel bad about eating too much? It's complicated being a human, man.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I know the feeling OP, though for me it's not just 'the holidays' i.e Christmas, but just 'holidays' in general - if I'm spending time outside the country for a couple weeks, my diet/habits turns to shit. At least this Christmas it was only 3 days of waaay to much food. Couple of 24h fasts, some running/exercising and I hope to be on track again.

anamika

May 18, 2018
Been staying home with my parents cuz no job/money and been having the opposite experience. I don't want to lose weight and ive lost 9lbs in 2 months.

Ill eat my first, sometimes only meal at 3pm and my dad will be like "wow eating again?" And other unnecessary comments and i'll just not eat the rest of the day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's hard to read about parents being so cruel :(
Hope you are able to get a job soon and get a place of your own.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
haha I feel you homie

I had peak fitness and body was in fine shape in November. Late November/December rolls around and I cant help myself hehe

but you know what, fuck it. once a year I let my gluttonous side take over. Beers, meats, salads, snacks get in my damn belly