• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Dont get me wrong, I love food itself. I love trying spicy, aromatic dishes and also a big fan of seafood. But the act of chewing food and devouring it is so savage and barbaric to me. Especially in group settings. Also this is not a vegetarian vs non vegetarian thing. I am sitting here eati g greek salad. I get why we need to eat. I just wish we were more dignified and consumed energy from the sun or wind or something. The whole idea of eating is very disruptive and undignified. It doesnt matter if you have table manners or if you use forks.

newguy1111

Oct 27, 2017
United States of America
i guess if someone just stuffed their face I could see what you're talking about? I think eating normally and not in a crazy way is more than fine. I like the taste of food and the chewing, basically everything about eating I like.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure.

I have no idea what you are expecting for responses though. There's no conversation to be had here. We have to eat and that's that unless you want a feeding tube.

oops my bad lol

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Dont get me wrong, I love food itself. I love trying spicy, aromatic dishes and also a big fan of seafood. But the act of chewing food and devouring it is so savage and barbaric to me. Especially in group settings. Also this is not a vegetarian vs non vegetarian thing. I am sitting here eati g greek salad. I get why we need to eat. I just wish we were more dignified and consumed energy from the sun or wind or something. The whole idea of eating is very disruptive and undignified. It doesnt matter if you have table manners or if you use forks.

Can't fight nature dude. The way our body manages to turn many types of foods into usable energy is nothing short of fascinating.

Best thing you could do is own a powerful blender and consume everything as liquids, lol.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Get on my level, I am sustained by photosynthesis alone

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Though experiment - how many leaves would we need to generate enough energy to survive? Let's provide flexibility and say we could switch to being cold blooded or have a much slower metabolism

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of that kids CGI show "Monster Buster Club" it's about kids who hunt aliens in earth that break the rules, and one of the characters who is an alien herself says something hilariously insensitive about how humans are pretty savage because "you guys do eat looking at each other".

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I wish there was a pill that would supplement an entire meal.

that would be great. Not needing to eat meals, just take a pill with all the nutrients needed and there.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Do you feel the same way about pooping?

It's a waste of time to feel cynical about eating if you don't feel worse about pooping. Pooping is a disgusting, vile act of living that is far more savage. But we all have to do it.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like you'd be a good candidate for some kind neuroelectronic simulation, where you can directly be fed the nervous system signals for the flavor of a food, with none of the actual mechanical mashing up, swallowing and digesting that is normally required. I think it's probably possible to live without chewing, if you're willing to blend all your nutrients into liquid form, but I imagine you wouldn't get invited to a whole lot dinners anymore at that point.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
D6l8fu1.gif

when I eat a salad

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
Curb Your Enthusiasm and its creator Larry David have gone too far.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think you're right. We're all talking jolly-like with friends and acquaintances while snacking on what was only days or weeks prior living beings. Munch munch munch, so we don't deserve George Ezra. Munch munch munch, we totally don't. We don't even think about it after the first few bites and swallows.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
You know, to an extent, I can see what you're saying, depending on how certain people eat. That said, I'm sure that you could find foods that don't require you to eat in a way that bothers you, if it's really that much of an issue for you. Furthermore, you could always blend and drink your "food" to avoid the whole chewing thing. I, personally, rarely get any sort of satisfaction from eating. I don't eat for flavor or enjoyment; I just eat because I realize that I need to in order to live and function.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I swear to god this surrealism about existing has to be shock content at this point. I mean my mind can travel while I shit or wait to fall asleep, but good fucking lord, savage is not an adjective I woild describe eating with.