• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
I've spent a non-trivial percentage of my life listening to the beastie boys. this is a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks OP! I've listened to a bunch of their songs now and dig their music.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just discovered them.

Oh, goddamn, I drop bombs
I was born with the brains and the brawn
I am the king and you're just a pawn
Who's got the high ground now, Obi-Wan?

This is GOATed.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
I am usually not a fan of hip-hop / rap AT ALL but have always had a soft spot for Beastie Boys and that school of the genre. And this was quite good. So good that I have played their songs in the car a lot since last week when I saw this thread.

So another one thanking you OP for making me discover them!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh. This one is not doing it for me at alllllllll. More House Of Pain than Beasties.
They've branched out a lot from their beastie-esque origins with influences from all sorts of groups and genres. I think that new one is a lot of fun, even if it doesn't vibe the same way as the earlier stuff.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
Funny enough I keep telling my daughter to check out the beasties because she likes a couple of Joey v songs (especially punk tactics).

New song is nice, still quite a bit beastie boys style imo, but maybe that's because of how their voices sound.