Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm 33 years old. All my life I have been very self-conscious about my profile because of of my weak chin. I would hide my profile if I could grow a beard, but I can't.

I have two options. Surgery to fix my my chin. Expensive. Or (please don't laugh) a beard transplant. It would be a lot less expensive than the chin surgery.

What would you guys do?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure its not nearly as bad as you think. We tend to be our own worst critics

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Philosophically you can realize that 95% of people are entirely unremarkable in the looks department and most everyone has something about themselves they hate.

From a practical point of view, if you are dead set on doing something about it and money is a concern, do the beard thing.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
My buddy had cosmetic surgery for his chin deficiency in like junior high. Shit was hardcore. His face looked like the elephant man for a few days after. Jury's still out on whether or not he actually looks better. I always thought it looked kinda "off" after he had it done

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
Hit the gym harder. Get bigger muscles or maybe just lean out your face. But then again, that's pretty much my goto advice of everything.​

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a fellow weak chin, just let it go. I know the frustration of the bad picture from the wrong angle when you aren't positioning your head and neck correctly. But none of these "solutions" are solutions. You are fine the way you are and everyone has things about their looks they don't like.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's any shame in surgery. Elon Musk had his hair and bone structure redone and nobody batted an eye.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
That shit is so far down on the list of things people notice about or even mentally associate with you. You got this dude. Work on your strengths if you want a self-confidence boost, but honestly I think you're making a big deal outta something very insignificant.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
original-21482-1459334340-13.jpg

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
i honestly cant even tell if half of the people on this board are real people

10/10 better than reddit.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
My brother, I promise you 100 percent that nobody in your life cares or even notices your chin. Your own imperfections are always magnified inside your head. I have a pretty big nose. Almost cartoon witch-like in size. Also my smile isnt the best. And I have a bit of a lazy eye. Oh god im so ugly! Just kidding lol. Still, I dont let my imperfections make me feel bad about myself. All that really matters is what's inside.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
If you think the surgery will greatly improve your self confidence, then you should do it. Accepting your body is great, but if you have the means to change it, and there are positive effects, there is no reason not to change things either.

You could also try therapy to see if you can work through the insecurity without altering your body.

I would recommend try the therapy first though, no reason to rush into a surgery that may be hard to reverse or change, not to mention expensive.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 33 years old. All my life I have been very self-conscious about my profile because of of my weak chin. I would hide my profile if I could grow a beard, but I can't.

I have two options. Surgery to fix my my chin. Expensive. Or (please don't laugh) a beard transplant. It would be a lot less expensive than the chin surgery.

What would you guys do?

Are you the guy who wished for (or lamented not having) more European-esque features back on the old site?

Find something about you to be grateful for instead of focusing on what you dont have? Its certainly the cheaper option!

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I hate how my profile looks too to the point of fleetingly considering jaw surgery so I know the feeling. But realistically I don't think I can deal with another cosmetic surgery.

It's expensive as you said but also can be quite painful, requires recovery time, and there's always the chance that something goes wrong. (The last of which happened to me.) Don't think it's worth going through for something that I notice only every now and then.

No idea what is involved in a beard transplant but I imagine it's not fun.

Being self-conscious about this stuff sucks. Hope you figure out what works best for you.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I feel it's worth pointing out that people generally know when a guy is using a beard to hide a weak chin

If you feel like the surgery will improve your quality of life then I wouldn't be ashamed of that. Cosmetic surgery has improved many people's quality of life.