BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
33oz of which I've been sipping from for the past two hours and it's still ice cold. My life will never be the same... as I'll actually be hydrated.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
KG2m5pz.gif

OP
OP
BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
It feels like magic, like, we are in the future cause I can catass the Sopranos for the fifth time and always have cold water within reaching distance

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, Ive been getting up every 30 min to get a cup of cold water from my fridge. Am I living in the 20th century still?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
My Yeti rambler is one of the best purchases I've made

OP
OP
BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017

It's fairly large at 33oz capacity. Think a typical liter plastic water bottle but a little more rotund to account for the double wall. The cap I got with it is a twist off that has a built in handle

Shit, Ive been getting up every 30 min to get a cup of cold water from my fridge. Am I living in the 20th century still?

Absolutely. Join us in this double walled future of icy beverages and eco friendly sustenance

I used to partially freeze a gallon plastic container and fill that with water. Good hack but requires you to be on top of constantly keeping a frozen jug in the freezer. This feels more Star Trek: TNG.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 64oz that I keep by me. really helped with my need to drink more water

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I googled it since I don't think I have heard the term before but it turns out I already own such a bottle.

I agree, OP, one of the best things I have. Especially for summer.

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
This thread reminds me that I got into an argument with someone on another forum years ago about how much water you should drink a day.

I had gotten a water bottle that kept track of how much water you were drinking to help remind and motivate you to stay hydrated.

They berated me and told me I was dumb for drinking too much water. As if I was drinking to the point of water poisoning...lol
Gotta love anonymity and trolls.

OP
OP
BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I drink room temperature water like a normal person!

Awe hells to the no, that's like the TAB of H20

This thread reminds me that I got into an argument with someone on another forum years ago about how much water you should drink a day.

I had gotten a water bottle that kept track of how much water you were drinking to help remind and motivate you to stay hydrated.

They berated me and told me I was dumb for drinking too much water. As if I was drinking to the point of water poisoning...lol
Gotta love anonymity and trolls.

Its so easy to fall into and allow for dehydration. Especially when out and about. Headaches, hunger, the mental fog. People tend to treat these things as signs of something more when they simply haven't drank water for an extended amount of time. You definitely have to push hard to get water poisoning.

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
I also find it easier to drink water when it's cool but not ice cold. Ice cold is good when it's hot out though.

freshair

Nov 21, 2017
92e71ff2-7163-4e9a-bda3-1819e2338231_1.e5021883ee166f90bbf5bf4ea40f6c22.jpeg

These ones are GOAT for just having around the house / desk. It's double walled as well but the cap lid is also insulated with a straw. Makes drinking a LOT quicker and easier and still keeps your drinks hella cold and easy to clean as well.

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
Awe hells to the no, that's like the TAB of H20

Its so easy to fall into and allow for dehydration. Especially when out and about. Headaches, hunger, the mental fog. People tend to treat these things as signs of something more when they simply haven't drank water for an extended amount of time. You definitely have to push hard to get water poisoning.

I think many people are chronically dehydrated. I know I was at times. And instead of staying hydrated what do we do? Eat more. Doh!

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
I should mention one more thing about hydration for me.

Electrolytes.

I drink plain water but also add some electrolyte powder, magnesium powder and vitamin c powder to a few drinks a day. Helps me feel better.

Ultima replenisher is a good one and I just got an electrolyte mix from Dr Berg that's good too. Natural Calm for Magnesium. Quali-C vitamin C.

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
92e71ff2-7163-4e9a-bda3-1819e2338231_1.e5021883ee166f90bbf5bf4ea40f6c22.jpeg

These ones are GOAT for just having around the house / desk. It's double walled as well but the cap lid is also insulated with a straw. Makes drinking a LOT quicker and easier and still keeps your drinks hella cold and easy to clean as well.

I have some of the copper walled bottles. They're really nice. I'd like the wide mouth version too.

The bottles with straws are nice too. Though I find I drink more without straws.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I don't know both sides of the argument but I seem to remember an Adam Ruins Everything episode where the consensus was basically drink when you're thirsty. Maybe that's where that comes from.

OP
OP
BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017

Electrolytes.

I drink plain water but also add some electrolyte powder, magnesium powder and vitamin c powder to a few drinks a day. Helps me feel better.

Ultima replenisher is a good one and I just got an electrolyte mix from Dr Berg that's good too. Natural Calm for Magnesium. Quali-C vitamin C.

I'm going to do this now. I try to weightlift everyday and hike for two miles. I feel as though I'm always dealing with an electrolyte imbalance. Some days I feel amazing, others like absolute shit.

OP
OP
BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused. What's the difference between this and a Hydraflask.

Well for one, mine is made by God fearing Americans!

I'm joking but they're essentially the same. I've never owned an insulated water bottle as I always treated water intake as a panacea when I feel like I'm about to die.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017

Electrolytes.

Do you mix them all into 1 bottle or rotate the mix every time you fill?

OP
OP
BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Still cold

I feel like the Bible should be updated to teaching a person about a still lake, they'll drink for a moment , yet with a double walled bottle, they'll drink for a day

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
i get a cold very easily from eating/drinking cold stuff so forever cold water sounds like hell to me personally

OP
OP
BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
It'll be amazing in summer. I used to fill mine up with ice cold water before my daily commute home in a car that lacks air conditioning.

The resultant ice cold drink deep into a summer day is life affirming. Like society has progressed in such a way I'm left in the sweetness of its wake.

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to do this now. I try to weightlift everyday and hike for two miles. I feel as though I'm always dealing with an electrolyte imbalance. Some days I feel amazing, others like absolute shit.
It may help you hopefully. Try just the electrolyte powder and see how you feel. And try a few different brands to see what works for you as far as flavor and effect. My suggestion is to avoid the ones with sugar if you can tolerate stevia.

Do you mix them all into 1 bottle or rotate the mix every time you fill?

I start out the day with straight electrolyte, one scoop. During the day I'll add a quarter scoop of electrolyte and half a scoop of calm mag. Sometimes adding a bit of vitamin c. I try not to overdo it with the C since it's the acidic version. Sodium Abscorbate C might be easier on the stomach but ups the sodium intake. Also have to make sure I don't overdo it with the mag too since it can have a laxative effect.
I'd say to try and make a lighter mix and drink it throughout the day so that the we get the benefit without overdoing it. Depends on what tastes good to you too. I don't mind watered down drinks or blending the flavors, but some may.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
I went to china and everyone in china drinks hot water. I ask for a cup of ice water at a restaurant and they think I'm an alien from another planet.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Dude, every cup and bottle in my house is double walled. That was a huge game changer for me....about 8 years ago.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Could you vape just pure water and, like, sustain a low level of hydration for extended periods of time? Like sous vide, but for staying hydrated?

Could you have some kind of Bane mask that vapourises water, like a humidifier strapped to your face but with more water like condensing in your mouth, and would that be enough to at least hydrate you somewhat, like, through osmosis