• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Yesterday, I really wanted something to eat; not a meal, not a snack, something in-between. Problem is, I had nothing, nothing but an old baguette about as hard as a rock.

So I try eating it, but it's borderline inedible (I'm pretty sure my theet hate me now). In my infinite wisdom, I realize something: when rice is cold and hard, microwaving makes it softer. It should be the same for bread, right?

It wasn't. It was better.

I microwaved it for 30 seconds, and when I took it out it smelled amazing (like it was right out of the bakery), and it turns out it tastes just as good.

Not sure why I hadn't tried this before, but I'm definitely going to do it regularly now. I seriously recommend you to do it.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep I even microwave fresh buns - the moisture that is unlocked allows you to squish the bread so it can toast better. And hard bread can be rescued till very late in the game.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
You must have hit the sweet spot bread is very hard to microwave it normally is tough chewy or downright dries out. Also if you do get it soft you have to eat quick

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pE3zmFQsGMoV.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Get a toaster oven.

Microwaving bread for 30 seconds? I can only imagine the horrible result.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Works for cookies and such that you forgot to cover as well, just microwave in 10 second increments until soft and piping hot

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If you really want to try and salvage old baguettes, the best idea is to cut it into cubes, soak it in milk for a bit, squeeze the milk out then dress it some salt and pepper and garlic seasonings then bake it in the oven. Bam, home made delicious croutons.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, pass. Microwaving ruins bread imo. Kills the flavor, becomes rubbery and moist. If you don't eat it in 5 seconds it becomes a brick.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Get a toaster people. They are cheap, like $5. You can even put avocado on the toast.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah. I believe all OPs posted on ResetEra. But feeling skeptical about this one.

Did you swallow that baguette whole like a snake, OP? Because, in my experience, bread post-microwave hardens to the point of being unchewable within seconds.
I didn't eat the whole baguette at once, lmao. I cut some pieces, put them on a plate and then microwaved them for 30s.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can freeze the baguette before it gets old. Then you can thaw for 10 min and put it in the toaster oven. It'll still taste pretty good (not as amazing as fresh, of course)

Kite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I believe all OPs posted on ResetEra. But feeling skeptical about this one.

Did you swallow that baguette whole like a snake, OP? Because, in my experience, bread post-microwave hardens to the point of being unchewable within seconds.
That is why you either drip a few drops of water or wrap in a damp paper towel before microwaving, solves the hardening issue.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Yes, it's a decent way to make a chunk of stale non-sliced bread edible if you're in a hurry and will eat it right away.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought this would be like a mean bread recipe that you microwave in a mug or something. Very disappointed.

Also, pro tip for this kind of stuff, sprinkle some water drops on bread or whatever when you microwave it like that. It will just steam up and help moisture-wise. Don't overdo it or it will be gross.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why not use a damn oven? Just add a ciuple drops of water around it and comes out perfect.

I don't believe that microwave lie, sounds disgusting used with bread. Why do americans have to microwave everything!