mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
They have $3 deals for Whoppers on the app on Wednesdays here. Getting any value out of fast food these days needs you to get lucky with the apps sadly

Nov 4, 2017
A quick Google tells me that you'd pay about 22 dollaridoos for the same thing at Hungry Jack's (it's what we call BK here) in Australia. Which is about 15 BurgerstaniBux. Damn... It's weird when fast food is cheaper here than the US. That includes a 10% sales tax, and there's no tipping here.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
If you go to any fast food place without ordering on the app you are getting scammed out of money.

If you use the app you are getting scammed out of your data but you gotta pick and choose your battles.

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't get fries for that price?

A double quarter pounder with cheese combo in Canada is about 15 dollars after tax in Ontario

No BKs close by and I'd only go on Wednesday anyway, I think it's 8-10 dollars for the whopper combo promo?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I would not pay that much money for Burger King, personally. I'm built different I guess.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
I would be okay if we executed whoever came up with the current BK ad campaign

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
$17 for two whoppers and no fries almost sounds cheap. I had to give fast food up 6 months ago.

They taste hollow anyway.

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
Fast food burgers are such a bad deal. Making a burger at home is cheaper and tastes better. Gone are the days of cheapo $1 menu burgers.

Pizza seems to be one of fast food items that haven't skyrocketed the last few years. Dominos for example still has the 7.99 large 1 topping pizza deal for carryout.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Well, it's been real Burger King, that might be it for us. Worse service of three, but nothing tastes like the Whopper.

Staying up late to work and play Hades II and figured I'd get something I haven't had in a minute.

The whopper with cheese has always been the king of the giant burger.

The added cheese is where they get you

Right now on the app, you can get 2 whoppers with cheese, 2 fries and 2 drinks for 17$. That's not bad. That's 8.50 each for 2 adult meals.

Their menu whooper with cheese, fries and drink would run you 12.69.

Did you large size it?

Oct 25, 2017
Fast food burgers are such a bad deal. Making a burger at home is cheaper and tastes better. Gone are the days of cheapo $1 menu burgers.

Pizza seems to be one of fast food items that haven't skyrocketed the last few years. Dominos for example still has the 7.99 large 1 topping pizza deal for carryout.

Yea but making and cooking a burger at home isn't fast

Fast = premium price these days

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
That's pretty expensive.

Burger king price here, for that price, it's about $550 TWD

Like the current Peanut Butter double is only about $235
c32d65ad-acef-47d0-b2bf-7eeb18d092f9.png

Or a 2 person 2 burger combo is about $
15054_new.jpg

15128_new.png

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
The only way I eat take out is with the app deals. Can get a whopper for $5. Regular prices are insane and I absolutely would not pay them.

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get coupons in the mail for BK and other fast food places. I wouldn't go out to eat at any fast food joint without them. Not worth the full price.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Two whoppers sounds like a lot to eat to me. Usually just two of the single patty burgers fills me up.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
only good fast food burger deal nowadays is the biggie bag from Wendy's

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I hate burger king but somehow they get me to buy a whopper like 3 times a year there's just something about it that you inevitably crave and nothing else taste like it.

I used to love their original chicken sandwiches and they always run BOGO here but the last few times i got them they always had what looked to be 7 month old lettuce and every bite had a little too much juice for my liking it was like eating a wet chicken sandwich. But always their app whenever i go there always seems to be a deal but again i only go a handful of times a year.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
They really get you on the drinks. I can't even remember the last time I ordered a drink at a fast food place. Crazy marked up and not worth it.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If I order fast food, it's exclusively through the cheap deals on the apps. Otherwise, I'm better off spending the same price on a delicious bowl of ramen or kimbop rather than getting McDonald's or BK's fake chicken and greasy fries.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
What's the min wage in TW?

Depend on the job?

The Ministry of Labor is minimum wage amount from TWD 26,400 to TWD 27,470 monthly and from TWD 176 to TWD 183 on an hourly basis
In January 2024, the average recurring salary for full-time domestic employees (excluding foreign nationals and part-time employees) was $48,616, a monthly ; non-recurring salaries such as bonuses and overtime pay amounted to $42,684, and the total salary averaged $91,300.

And if consider the annual salary of the 5 major field 2023 annual salary
The Information Technology industry has the highest average annual salary at $713,242, followed by the Business Services industry ($538,433), the Manufacturing industry ($548,998), the Human Services industry ($511,741), and the Education and Communication industry ($476,950).

But it can be higher or lower depending on the company, like TSMC and Mediatek salary are usually 1.5x or 2x of avarage in the same field.

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
Yea but making and cooking a burger at home isn't fast

Fast = premium price these days
True. Thankfully I have a Cook-Out nearby for when I want a burger fast. Better value than other burger places around at 7.99 for their combo with a 1/4lb burger, 2 small sides and a drink. Can even get a milkshake instead of soda/water for a $1 extra.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
This is why I eat fast food less and less all the time, the prices are a slap in the face nowadays

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
I checked my local Burger King as I haven't been to one in years.

I went to their site and plugged in one Large Whopper with Cheese Combo. $12.49 before tax.

Seems excessive.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I get these coupon things that gets you like two whoppers, three cheeseburgers, and three medium fries for $17.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't eat fast food often, but about a month ago, I decided to get some Taco Bell.

I think it was a little over $15 for 5 Soft Tacos and a Mexican Pizza. Seems a bit excessive for what you actually get.

did op have it delivered? delivery fees can be very expensive

They said in a later post that they just walked in.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
Does Burger King gatekeep better prices with their app, too? It's really insulting to force using the app and punishing those walking in.