New allegations
  • Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
    Was this posted?

My overall experience at @insomniacgames was so bad that not shortly after I resigned in 2010, I quit programming altogether.

14/ In my exit interview I was told in no uncertain terms of a "handshake agreement" between studios to "prevent poaching". If my resume turned up at @Naughty_Dog or nearby studios, Insomniac would get a call. Intimidated out of the industry whether I was ready to leave or not.

Gut wrenching..

Staff statement
  • B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
    General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    Official Staff Communication
    When threads like these about serious allegations against publishers and developers are constantly getting derailed by arguments over whether threads about games should be banned here or not, to the point where the topic in the OP itself is virtually ignored, then there's a problem.

People aren't discussing the case or the industry-wide issues or productive ways to make a difference. They've been taking shots at each other, shots at the staff, and competing to throw around the most inflammatory accusations they can think of.

That's going to stop. We have these threads to discuss these issues because they're important, and we allow these issues to be raised in threads related to these companies and games because that's important. Discussion about these issues are being suffocated by the constant derailments and infighting.

Derailing this thread or similarly sensitive threads with demands for blanket bans will not influence moderation policy. Please get back to discussing the allegations in the OP and cease the derails and arguments about banning games; further derails will be actioned as such.

Do not harass female Era members
  • B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
    General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    Official Staff Communication
    Let me add this: harassing or making insinuations toward female posters, who do nothing other than show excitement about games from these sorts of studios, about not caring about sexism and sexual assault is so far beyond acceptable that I cannot even begin to quantify it.

Anyone doing that is eating a ban. I don't care if you think you had good intentions, I should not need to explain how bad it is.

I had to say this when the Acti-Blizz situation was coming to light and the fact I need to say it again is disgusting. I am legitimately angry that I even needed to point it out in the first place, let alone say it a second time.