• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I'm a huge fan of soul, funk and R&B music and lately i've been binging some New Edition. It's really great, funky and catchy as hell. Really better than any boy band I can think of that's come along since.

Lately I've been listening to the album Candy Girl, which came out in 1983 when the members were all between 13-15 years old. A lot of the lyrics on the album are pretty sexually suggestive, it's kind of wild to listen to it now.

I'm not here clutching my pearls or anything, just found I was grooving hard to some of the tracks and then felt kinda weird at points. It's weird that no one had any issue listening to minors sing sexually suggestive songs. Kinda creeps me out, why wasn't this a big deal to anyone?

youtu.be

New Edition Shes Gives Me A Bang

A rare version of new edition Its the second 1 on youtube I Hope you enjoy it and comment on it too

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly because it wasn't a big deal at the time. Most of the kids who listened to it had no idea what they singing about. This stuff went on way passed them.