• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/zeldauniverse/status/1618716113256292382?s=46&t=FS-FxqWgpjfyuwR0pyb1xw

This game will be 25 years old in November, and I've been playing it for that many years and yet it still manages to surprise me.

Maybe it still is the greatest game of all-time

The Dying guard in the alley after obtaining the spirtiaul stones for the first time is also something that is mostly unknown about OOT.
Also, you can break beehives in the grottos to spawn some items (I forget what exactly)

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I think I learned this from the Nintendo Power guide back in the day and simply took it for granted that it wasn't all-too-common knowledge.
Regardless, I absolutely love it when folks (including myself) learn new things about old games that they grew up with. It's such a cool feeling having one's mind blown over discoveries like this! :)

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Gamewinners taught me a lot of secrets and glitches to the point it corrupted my copy of Majora's Mask and will get a random jump scare through the mask transformation that crashes the game, with music still playing

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
We had a hard time figuring out how to get lord jabu-jabu to open their mouth. I think we found out about the hat while trying to figure it out.

Seik

Jan 5, 2023
Québec City
after you get the spirit stones and zelda fleas the castle, before going into the temple of time to turn into an adult, go to the alley and there is a guard there who says "zelda fleas, go to the temple of time..." before dying. after you interact with him, navi says "he's not moving anymore".
Shit I didn't know that! Interesting, thanks.

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
The school rumour used to be that if you caught the hylian loach super rare fish and then stole his hat, he would have the triforce under there.

Pretty sure it wasn't true though.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
The school rumour used to be that if you caught the hylian loach super rare fish and then stole his hat, he would have the triforce under there.

Pretty sure it wasn't true though.
lol, I miss all the crazy rumors about late-90s games that got spread around in schools and on crappy websites. Especially since one of the craziest tricks — the Missingno. glitch in Pokemon R/B/Y — happened to actually "work". That one alone spawned a thousand fake rumors.

Bugface

May 14, 2019
So many of the quote replies on that initial tweet are such a delight to read. I lose hours to this shit, man.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Can't remember if i did this back in the day. Throwing the rod at the fisherman seems like the first thing you'd do anyway.

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
There is the thing with the stick and butterflies that makes a fairy appear (never confirmed/done it tho).

Also a vanilla game bug that makes a skulltula being counted but not removed (the one in a cave in a corner of Hyrule castle) using the boomerang and escaping the cave. This way you can farm skulltulas and go beyond 100. Note that the ingame counter is red only at 100. 101 is back to white.

NaikoGames

Aug 1, 2022
is pretty wild that this games were able to push the medium fordward, be basically the first 3D experiences for developers, and also had enough wiggle room to be this charming and have little gameplay secrets.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
You can then fish with the cap on the hook, but after a short while it will sink in the pond and you'll have to pay for his hat.