Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It sounds like vaccinations are going quickly, but I'm not seeing that here in TX. As I look on the state map and filter by "1st dose available" that's anywhere near me, there is only:

St Davids hospital facilities, and their site says, "At this time, we are not providing vaccinations to the community." One of their locations has precisely 666 count of the Pfizer, which sounds ominous.
Some health clinic and the URL to it is broken.
A nearby health dept has 500 doses, and their site has no way of making an appointment or any hint they actually give the vaccine. Maybe they ship it all to other locations, who knows.

HEB seems to be offering it, or will be, though there are no appointments available.

ArcGIS Web Application

A quick update to this.

That St Davids location with 666 available doses and the local health dept with 500 available doses have had their totals updated a day or two after my post.

They are still at 666 and 500.

What a load of crap. One of them isn't vaccinating the general public, and the other has no info on how to get one.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like some CA counties have re-shuffled around their vaccine plans to an "age-based" tier system... Checked out some stuff and what was previously listed as having more tiers dealing with high-risk medical conditions and essential work, have now been deleted. Local counties now only JUST started 65+ this week, with some other medical fields/emergency services. More stadiums have opened up as larger vaccine sites, but honestly, this is gunna take a while... Really surprised to see it go by age and not by health issues in whatever the next tier will even be :/

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS

MA residents, after a shit show for registrations this morning, the dam kinda broke this afternoon and I was able to get 3 people registered today at the MAss Vax sites for next week at Gilette and Fenway. It was a straight shit show from about 7:45 until about 1PM, and then 1PM it started to ease up and by ~3PM I registered 3 people for next week, 1 at gilette and 2 at fenway, and then a friend of mine registered himself for Gilette.

It's now open for 65+. Also check the state guidelines, they adjusted who qualifies for 2 commorbidities, which now includes pregnancy and asthma. Previously asthma (moderate to severe) Was not considered a comorbidity, but now it is (rightly, I think).

Some tips on the MA Registry...

Don't use the "Vax Finder" from MA, use this link:

https://www.maimmunizations.org/clinic/search

THe Vax finder sources its data from that link as best I can tell, but it's behind and incorrect. The Vax Finder is a nicer UI but I found it had incorrect data all day, and using the search was the best bet.

Put in your criteria. your best bet will be Fenway, Gilette, and the Worcester MAx vax site at Worcester State University. WSU might be getting 500 doses tomorrow so be on the look out for that. This is just something that I heard 2nd hand from a Nurse talking about a convo she had wtih a doctor from Umass. Then just keep hammering that search until you see a good number of appts available... like... 100+ I struck out every time there was less than 100 today, but was able to land three for when there was 200+ available at Fenway and Gillette. I don't trust the sites out in Greenfield or North Adams. All day they said they had space and they never worked, I'd get past the insurance information and then it'd say they were all booked, and thena search would still say they had 8-10 slots available. I stopped trying those ones.

Other tips... Get your insurance info ahead of time. You need your insurance provider, the type (Private, medicare, etc), insurance number, group number, name. Get your address info saved in an auto fill you need to enter it twice. get the name you're registerring saved in an auto fill that has to go in at least 3 times.

In my experience if you get to the scheduling page, #9, then it's going to succeed. Mine failed many times at the signature page, but it succeeded every time I got to the scheduling page, 3/3 tries, and for a friend of mine who qualifies it was the same.

THe app will die out, you get 3 different types of errors, two Heroku errors with gray backgrounds, and then one plain white error (there was another maintainance one too but less common). In my experience you can hit Refresh on the HEroku errors and frequently keep going, but if you get the white background with the single line of text, in my experience, that's going to kill it off for a few mins and you may as well start over.

Check your comorbidities. Obesity and asthma are comorbidities, 30+ BMI and moderate to severe asthma, which a lot of people qualify under who might not think they do. Asthma hadn't been considered a comorbidity until just yesterday.

Last edited:

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Has anyone had any experience with getting Pfizer shot #1 in one state but then attempting to get Pfizer shot #2 in another?

Had a family member recently move to Texas but had gotten Pfizer shot #1 in a different state. She's having a really hard time finding any Pfizer locations in Texas that will offer her an appointment specifically for shot #2. Apparently, most the systems are setup to only trigger shot #2 if you are already in the database as having had shot #1.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I'd signed up for as many options as I could locally to get the vaccine, and it looks like I'm finally eligible. I'm in North Dakota, 38 with two comorbidities. I work in IT, which I think increases priority too? I'm not sure... I was surprised I was eligible this early but I'm thrilled. I'm just... out of town for a couple more weeks and cannot schedule an appointment out that far. I'll keep my eyes on things and get something scheduled ASAP. I hope that availability continues to increase.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
NJ just sent me a link to register for the vaccine. I was phase 1B/c I work in higher education.

Booked for Sunday with my wife . This is great.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
For people who have a CVS doing it in their area, check the main CVS website in the morning. People have been successful at getting next day appointments. I think they usually only go a day or two out so keep checking back.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone is browsing from Upstate New York, but this week hundreds (or thousands in some cases) of vaccine appointments opened up at the major vaccine centers in Syracuse and Utica this week. I checked Sunday and today and there's still a ton available.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Chicago and don't qualify till phase 1C (unless they end up expanding the qualifications for 1B like the rest of the state) but I checked Walgreens this morning and there were tons and tons of open appointments at 7AM. It seems like it's worth checking every morning if you're looking for an appointment.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
*checks CA details* Looks like it won't be until sometime this month, until most regions here start doing vaccines for high health risk people, across most age brackets (apparently 16-64). The wait here seems to be a bit longer than other states' statuses/tiers.