• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Sincerely. I genuinely love hanging out with you all. So many laughs. Lots of things learned by listening to you. I'm a better man and father because of you.

I hope you're snuggled up and safe.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I have provided nothing of worth to this place, but I appreciate the kind words. You can have one of my Modelos.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I also read this first thing in the morning. Helps me wake up.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
giphy.gif

Same

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
You've got one of my favorite avatars here OP. Glad to have you.

This is the first place I go in the morning. If I don't have a news alert on my phone otherwise then I come here to get a feel for what's going on in the world, both gaming and OT sides.

Truly is a wonderful community.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
ResetEra and Google News are easily my two favorite spots on the internet, but I by far prefer finding my news from here. <3

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im just a lurker that doesn't post much but that means a lot, thanks

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I've said this elsewhere but I don't think I've contributed anything of value. I don't think anyone remembers a post I've made or a comment or anything. But I do love this place and I'm on here a lot. This is probably my favorite spot on the internets.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
This forum is literally the last place around that feels like the internet I grew up on. It's become such an important part of my day to spend time on here over the past four years or so. I was thinking about this the other day but I'm going to be seriously depressed if I ever lose my account/get banned for whatever reason. That's probably not a healthy relationship to have to an internet forum but it is what it is.

Anyway if anyone here has talked to me enough to recognize me in this giant crowd, thanks for putting up with me. lol

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I'll never forget any of you who've replied to me

seriously, there are so few of you, I can remember each one
Remember this moment, kamineko.

Because I won't.

No really I have a terrible memory and I would need to talk to someone consistently across multiple days to remember someone. It's not just here, I'm like that irl too. I don't remember faces or names well. But remember this happened and remind me about it later, okay?

Order of Out

Jan 31, 2022
This forum is literally the last place around that feels like the internet I grew up on. It's become such an important part of my day to spend time on here over the past four years or so. I was thinking about this the other day but I'm going to be seriously depressed if I ever lose my account/get banned for whatever reason. That's probably not a healthy relationship to have to an internet forum but it is what it is.

Anyway if anyone here has talked to me enough to recognize me in this giant crowd, thanks for putting up with me. lol
Nicely said

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm eating breakfast and checking era, so I guess I can relate. I like this place too!

Easy_G

Dec 11, 2017
California

Yep.

Solution: always quote someone when you make a post. They're slightly more likely to quote you in response! And it makes everyone else see a world with people conversing.

But back to the OP, this forum is the vast majority of my internet time, which itself isn't that much (I think). I'm better for it and I've learned lots about how to accept people here.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

I feel the same about people who have posted in my threads. I certainly don't remember everyone, but some of those posters are the only ones I pay enough attention to that I actually recognize them as people as opposed to amorphous interchangeable entities.

For example I always recognize Fiction here because of this post in a thread I made 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if i had a dime for every time someone on era reached out via dm or discord to talk to me on a personal level and we ended up having a lovely conversation i'd have roughtly 70 cents, which is just enough for me to get a can of coke zero out of my works vending machine

Seik

Jan 5, 2023
Québec City
Feeling the same way, browsing and posting here has been a comfy experience and people are a pleasure to read and exchange with. Wishing the best to all of you.

I cannot count the amount of hours I've spent here + the old place, so I'll dumb it down to too much. No regrets though.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
idk where I would be without this community being my go-to website since I jumped off IGN in like 2010 or 2011? It's been so long that I don't know the exact time frame anymore lol

I've only started talking more in recent years but you've all been a core part of my life for a long, long time. Many names and avatars still hang from then too, even if mine have changed! And then in recent years, I've even found my own groups here with my nakama and fellow SOLDIERs. Our community is a gift that keeps on giving.

Love you all.
if i had a dime for every time someone on era reached out via dm or discord to talk to me on a personal level and we ended up having a lovely conversation i'd have roughtly 70 cents, which is just enough for me to get a can of coke zero out of my works vending machine
Dogs can't use vending machines

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Honestly all the constant blow-ups that never resolve well with leadership here frustrate me more than reasonable and I feel mentally held hostage because I can't replace the news aggregation. Kind of like a slightly less worse Twitter tbh. Glad it works for you though.

Last edited: