Truck nuts. A thing or an aberration?

• Truck Nuts are a real thing. I still see them all over.

Votes: 73 35.8%
  • Ghost. Truck nuts are an endangered species.

Votes: 114 55.9%
  • I own truck nuts on my vehicle.

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
While driving home this morning, I was behind a rusted pickup truck that had truck nuts hanging from the trailer hitch on the back of their vehicle. Now I know these were extremely popular 15-20 years ago, it's been a while since I've seen some of these out in the wild. By popular I mean every other truck had these hanging from their vehicle, in all sizes and colors.

Being a rusted truck, there's a possibility the owner is lazy, doesn't know they're there, or purchased said truck with nuts already attached. However as I passed the truck, I noticed they were golden in color, and appeared new. I assume gold = brass, like "brass balls." Do not fuck with said truck or said driver. They mean business.

For those of you that are unaware of what truck nuts, or truck nutz are, please see the following:

Truck Nuts Wiki

Truck-Nuts-via-Reddit.jpg

77d7f93334f3c10a315d29632a25e055.jpg

Happy Friday!

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
they were never really a thing, it's probably the same idiots who didn't realize how stupid they were way back when these came out

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
If anything, if there ever were a thing I'm blatantly judgey about where when I see it, I instantly think that person is a garbage person, it's when I see a truck with one of those things. They are without any more context the worst kind of person.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Magpul and other firearm related stickers are the new truck nuts. Bonus points if they have molon labe spartan stickers as well.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
I've only seen them once (not too long ago). It made me kind of sad.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
When I see them parked it takes everything in me not to kick them. I did once as a teen and got yelled at.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
The ven diagram of "people who use truck nuts" and "people with thin blue line stickers on their vehicle" is a circle.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think the type of person to get truck nuts in the first place is going to care about whether or not they are out of style?

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The last time I saw them was about 4 years ago on some shitty e-bike that looked like a small, grossly deformed Harley-Davidson.

Oct 29, 2017
I have a Tesla. Would Trucknut owners get pissed off if I did this to my car? Edit: I don't have any real reason to do this. I'm not making any political statement other than have nuts on the Tesla.

OP
OP
vacantseas

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
They should be more common, helps identifying idiots driving.

There's plenty of other identifying features of vehicles that these idiots usually apply to their car. Conservative presidential nominee bumper stickers. Thin Blue Line stickers. Some sort of gun decal.

Or Punisher stickers as pointed out immediately above.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Truck nut people never went anywhere so it would surprise me if truck nuts were not still a thing.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Never seen them, never knew they were a thing, I still have hard time believing they're a thing after seeing the pictures. Not from the US though, so maybe it makes a difference.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I've seen 'em around on occasion in the last few years, but we're talking a maybe one pair a year at most.

I will say, I did actually get a chuckle out of a pair that were two large mechanical nuts attached via a chain. Points for the wordplay and the less vulgar appearance...even more points if they were homemade.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
They were common enough around where I live. I honestly find them funny. It's so ridiculous, i just have to smile when i see them .

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I see these things in AB all the time. I am driving on the highway this weekend for a few hours, i'm sure ill see at least a few pairs.

I love em, easy to spot the morons.