Doesn't mean it's real or final

81NiYPuDkCL._SL1500_.jpg

There is one on the top bar :
Screen_Shot_2020-07-30_at_1.35.41_PM.png

One below the top bar
Screen_Shot_2020-07-30_at_1.35.48_PM.png

One on the art

Screen_Shot_2020-07-30_at_1.35.45_PM.png

I think they have a spot left on the right side and one the bottom bar.

In all seriousness I think it's a bit overkill to have 3 branding/logo on one box. It reminds me of N'Sane trilogy box art.
What do you think, is it too much or is it fine?

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
The black bar and sticker bottom-left would be OK, but that Series X....sticker oncthe top-right?

Like I get they just want Xbox to be the platform upcoming-gen (i.e Lockhart and Series X coexist from launch) but...

Genuinely seems like MS is having doubts about their original plans for this gen, maybe at some point execs changed and people went "wait a sec folks!"

To try and simplify my point: We are likely 3-4 months out from launch, Lockhart isn't even announced and MS needs 3 fucking notices about XSX on their game boxes already. If's a bit much.

Last edited:

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Is that top right one new?

So, when the Xbox One player base moves on to Series X/PS5, are they going to get rid of the Xbox Series X - Xbox One black tag? It would be useless to keep that, since there would only be the new Xbox systems. Maybe replace it with Series X and Series S? Or, just get rid of the bar, and have the platforms on the top green portion?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I like the new badge, they should remove the whole header and replace everything with that square.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
The badge on the top right is new, I think. I don't understand why you need to list the same system on the box three times.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
At least it isn't by Ubisoft because if they ever put it in one of those double packs you'd end up with 9 logos:

81J2zaAo1PL._AC_SL800_.jpg

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I feel like the are trying to avoid people buying a series x games thinking it is a Xbox One game which obviously won't work on an Xbox One. People do the craziest stuff...

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I don't get people saying to get rid of the Xbox One/Xbox Series X banner. The whole point there is to let someone know that it's for both systems, it would seem like it was only for Xbox Series X without that. That'd be confusing, especially if you're just an average consumer who doesn't understand what Smart Delivery means

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem like Microsoft has thought this through.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the "Optimized for Series X" badge is burned into the HUD the whole time you play the game.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Does the 117 on chiefs suit bother anyone else? the logos on the box are no way near as annoying as that.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The optimized for Series X box on the actual art is a blight to humanity.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Remember seeing a whole lot of mockups in the Xbox thread that looked way better than what they are trying to do..

fXrtY7VqJ6Jhq75j0oM7URdpj6mr1oWhyJTqT6eVJPg.jpg

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I don't get people saying to get rid of the Xbox One/Xbox Series X banner. The whole point there is to let someone know that it's for both systems, it would seem like it was only for Xbox Series X without that. That'd be confusing, especially if you're just an average consumer who doesn't understand what Smart Delivery means

If we use this logic, there's no reason to put Smart Delivery on there then since we're assuming the average consumer has no idea what that is.