• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any sort of case or Game Case that holds a ton of games?

I have over 75 physical Switch games, and I want something that holds a ton of them in a nice organized fashion.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Best Switch case is this Crown Royal bag I found in a drawer.

CrownRoyalBag.png
but if I use this for my Switch then where will I put all my dice and counters???

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So have been using the Rlsoco case and it's really high quality. For anyone looking to transport their whole switch setup I highly recommend it. It's a perfect compliment to my butterfox case.

Dec 15, 2017
Not too bad. Im still waiting for one the width of the switch screen alone (would leave joycons at home) and room for a pro controller with a clip that allows the pro controller to clip the screen to it somehow. Now that would be my jam!

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Waterfield is where it's at. Absolutely honored their warehouse and production is only a few minutes from me. Nothing else being sold by any other company comes even remotely close.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The official case from Nintendo is simple and solid. $20ish, holds 5 carts (10 if you squish them in), and includes a nice makeshift tabletop angled stand.

Cheaper in Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-Nintendo-Switch-キャリングケース-画面保護シート付き/dp/B01N7TG2VN

USA version, includes "screen protectors": https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Carrying-Case-Screen-Protector/dp/B01N226BBW

In my experience, the official case tends to wake up the Switch if it is in sleep mode. I think because the shell fits too tight and can press one of the buttons.

Noticed the Switch at crazy high temps in the case after a trip. Now I always turn it off before putting it away.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm more of a function over fashion kind of guy and the OP's $20 case looks better to me than that $80 one.

The function of the Waterfield cases matches any of the other cases posted here. It looks fashionable and is as functional if not more so.

Most importantly it's made from much better materials and the quality is amazing.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I got a Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze case
I usually have it in a backpack so nothing to be ashamed about for me. I like it cause it has grooves for the curved part of the joy con so it actually fits very snug.
I had the PDP starter kit case and even with the grips attached it was way too loose. The Donkey Kong one doesn't fit too many games though

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Can we make it a site-wide habit to post non-amazon links, whenever possible? I kind of want to buy this case, but don't want to give amazon my money.

AnthPerri

Jan 11, 2018
Whoa, how have I never seen this City Slicker? So much better looking than anything else...

Last edited:

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
First of all, all hail Pyramid Head!

Second:

maxresdefault.jpg

Best case, because Splatoon 2 is life!
This is the one I have. All I need from a case is for it to be slim but thick enough so it feels like my Switch is fairly protected in my bag.. Don't need to carry more games, since on my commute I'm usually just going to play the one in the slot, but if I do there's enough slots for a few.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
This is the one I have. All I need from a case is for it to be slim but thick enough so it feels like my Switch is fairly protected in my bag.. Don't need to carry more games, since on my commute I'm usually just going to play the one in the slot, but if I do there's enough slots for a few.
I also like that case because it functions as a Switch stand and it is a much more comfortable angle to view for me than the built-in stand

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I have a case that holds the switch unit, then in a separate pouch it has room for the joycons. I didn't want one that holds it assembled cuz I figured if I dropped it, the mechanism that slots the joycons in would most likely break both tablet and the controller.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best case is the one that comes with the GripCase.

Holds my Switch with the big ass grip, the Hori stand, SFC30 Pro controller, fat Apple wall charger + USB-C cable, headphones, and a bunch of carts if you have physical. Godlike.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've now had mine for multiple months....continues to be the best

i also forgot to mention that it came with warranty

Damon Fillman

Feb 6, 2018
I'm surprised so few people have mentioned the TomToc case. It's is incredibly slick, durable and doesn't have bells and whistles beyond basic storage that rises up the price--around $15. I would've happily purchased a Waterfield case if they weren't $50 and up.

In sum, the TomToc is amazing and IMO the best case out there.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised so few people have mentioned the TomToc case. It's is incredibly slick, durable and doesn't have bells and whistles beyond basic storage that rises up the price--around $15. I would've happily purchased a Waterfield case if they weren't $50 and up.

In sum, the TomToc is amazing and IMO the best case out there.

Nice! I just ordered it with the amazon sale.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
As a 31 year old man, i cant believe people would consider anything other than an all black case. Some of these designs like the zelda ones is be embrassed to take out. Must be a generational thing.

Same age and not a problem.
You must just be insecure.

Playing with an all black toy doesn't make it not a toy.

That said, I don't like to have text or characters, but bright colors are cool.

Last edited:

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
As a 31 year old man, i cant believe people would consider anything other than an all black case. Some of these designs like the zelda ones is be embrassed to take out. Must be a generational thing.
There's several options that aren't all-black and still look great.

Brown:
A3_C21_D27_7_AF1_4618_85_FA_196_B0773_B410.jpg

Blue:
C4188940_1_E2_F_4_B20_9144_A1921209_C873.jpg