• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally sad now again...

Twister (and the old ride at Orlando's Universal) and Titanic were such a part of my childhood. I can't believe it's been 4+ years.

rexfeatures_5882659g.jpg

e92e1c544f6aaea708f57c8e0d5eb9b6f440f4b1.jpg

Also, who could forget him as a punk in Terminator

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I still say Frailty (which he directed) as a horror movie was a slept on gem. Creepy take on religious mania.

Trailer is a bit cheesyfied, but u get the drift

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
^ I was about to make a post about Frailty. Absolutely incredible acting from Bill Paxton and a really crazy fucking ending. Must watch for Paxton or Horror fans. 10/10 movie.

Yeah the trailer is lol don't watch it.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Bill Paxton has always seemed like a stand up guy. Just a really cool dude

I still remember that when Cameron brought Paxton with him to dive Titanic for Ghosts of the Abyss, Paxton telling Cameron about the WTC attack upon surfacing from the latest dive down.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad I'm not the only one to get him confused with Bill Pullman
The good thing is that both Bills loved being mixed up.

ew.com

Movies

Check out the latest movie news, including trailers, film reviews, celebrity interviews, and more. Make sure to <a href="https://forms.dotdashmeredith.com/ew-weekly-opt-in" data-component="link" data-source="inlineLink" data-type="externalLink" data-ordinal="1" rel="nofollow">sign up</a> for...

Nov 26, 2017
Just have to tell people about Near Dark probably one of most underrated vampire films(Martin is the most underrated) and it got my favorite Bill Paxton performance.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Gone way too soon.

Saw Predator 2 over the weekend and wondered what he had been doing recently before realized he was gone.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the reason you watch a simple plan is billy bob thorton, but paxton is the glue that holds the movie together.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he had come up recently because of the recent Loki episode that named a couple of minor security characters hicks and hudson with their full character names.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Streets of Fire finally recently (movie is dope as hell and basically inspired Final Fight) and yeah, Bill was in it :(

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I have no idea what it is about him but for some reason it's hard to remember that he died. He just comes off as a guy who would die an old man.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Aliens is an absurdly quoted film for me, and Paxton carries more than his fair share of the weight in that department. He was awesome in Twister too. In fact I don't think I've seen him in anything where he wasn't at least really good if not one of the best things in the film. I'll definitely have to check out Frailty too. RIP.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Great thread, love him. There's a few movies mentioned here I didn't know about, need to check those out.

His role in Weird Science is one of my favorites.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Whoa…do I need to watch Agents of Shield?

Yes.

The answer is always yes.

First season is shaky -- mainly in the first half before Bill shows up and it ties in with Winter Soldier. But don't skip any of it. At that point, it finds its voice and the show remains largely great until it ends at season 7. Seasons 2 and 4 especially are, in my opinion, some of the best content in the entire MCU alongside the best films. (Its canon status is a bit up in the air but the show is so good, it won't detract from the quality.)