• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Got my pup's second lyme disease shot today and she's just been sleeping since I brought her home from the vet. Could use more days where she sleeps a lot.

Sadly, that's the end of her vaccination schedule.

Puppy tax:

H0yMOO3.jpeg

Last edited:

GraGor

Nov 17, 2017
Lots of exercise is what a puppy needs and it will happily sleep for a few hours.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Look up canine enrichment. Instead of eating everything out of a bowl move her feeding to snuffle mats, frozen kongs, puzzle toys, etc. Even just rolling up a few pieces of kibble in a towel and twisting it up can last 5-10 minutes. As the weather warms up I like the Pupsicle and the optional mold they sell instead of buying their refills. You can freeze mostly water with a little bit of something else and get a long lasting activity. It's the only instagram ad I've ever bought because it's a product category I know a lot about and it's just as good as it seemed.

Just like you get tired after a long day in front of a laptop or driving 6 hours, mental stimulation is a good way to occupy her in the moment as well as help her rest more.

OP
OP
Veliladon

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
That is one super cute pup

She gets more beautiful every day growing into her doggo form.

LnZKW0j.jpeg

Even in her drowned rat era from walking in a rainstorm she's still super adorbs. Double coated dogs are crazy.

yQDUKfN.jpeg

Look up canine enrichment. Instead of eating everything out of a bowl move her feeding to snuffle mats, frozen kongs, puzzle toys, etc. Even just rolling up a few pieces of kibble in a towel and twisting it up can last 5-10 minutes. Just like you get tired after a long day in front of a laptop or driving 6 hours, mental stimulation is a good way to occupy her in the moment as well as help her rest more.

Oh we have every enrichment toy under the sun. All her meals come from the a wobble feeder, the rest of the kibble comes from bait bags for training. She's smart as hell so she solves puzzle toys pretty quickly. She doesn't quite get frozen kongs but we have a Pupsicle that has a mould and we make slugs for it by freezing wet dog food. She also has bully stick holders, a variety of bully stick sizes, pig ears, cow ears, snuffle mats, flirt poles, snooter games like little felt chipmunks in a stuffed log. She just has a LOT of FOMO about what us humans are doing and doesn't like to nap as much as she should.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of puppies do get vaccines if they people raising them are smart. There are some horrific diseases dogs can easily get that can be fatal such as Parvo.

FunCarl

Oct 30, 2017
My pup gets yearly vaccines from his vet for rabies, lepto, bordetella. Those days are bad/good as 1. he's sore and in a little bit of pain but 2. he wants to cuddle on my lap for most of the day which is something he never does so I kind of look forward to it. He's a senior at this point so he naps plenty. I do miss that puppy energy (or at least I think I do, rose-tinted glasses and whatnot.)