• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
The Wedding is Flop and The Bride Side wants to kill Sanji and his family.

But Pudding (The Bride) is 16 Year Old (From Design I thought she is around 20)

I Know/Heard Japan Girls can marry if she is 16 years old and the parent approves But I don't expect Oda to make her 16.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pudding is only 16?!

No wonder Oda has no problems still associating with convicted pedophile Watsuki...

(edited for clarity)

Last edited:

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is Pudding?

Is Oda okay?

Oct 27, 2017
You guys realize it was suppose to be a political marriage both were forced into

Oda what the fuuuuuck.

I just checked, even Vivi pre time skip was 16. Not nearly as bad as these two but still, goddamnit Oda.
Most of the crew was in their late teens pre time skip. Chopper was 15, Luffy and Usopp were 17, Nami 18, and Zoro and Sanji 19. You realize this is a shonen. The crew, aside from Franky, Robin and Brooke are all really young

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Pudding is only 16?!

No wonder Oda has no problems paling around with convicted pedophile Watsuki...
I read this post thinking that you were talking about Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro. I don't know if Oda was "paling around" with Watsuki; Watsuki was his boss. But Shimabukuro was just a friend.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there are still places in America where this is possible as well.

We should be aware this isn't just a problem in fiction but still a real world problem that needs to solved.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
bro what the fuck did they mean by this???
Not sure if it's what you're asking, but Oda was Watsuki's assistant and worked on Rurouni Kenshin. I think his most prominent effect on that series was convincing Watsuki to include a (sympathetic) crossdressing character.

q2j95.png

Kamatari, who wields a kama (scythe) and is an okama (crossdresser).

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Not sure if it's what you're asking, but Oda was Watsuki's assistant and worked on Rurouni Kenshin. I think his most prominent effect on that series was convincing Watsuki to include a (sympathetic) crossdressing character.

q2j95.png

Kamatari, who wields a kama (scythe) and is an okama (crossdresser).
Ah, that helps but my point was that because the dude worked with him, he probably doing sus pedo shit as well?
Like what?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, that helps but my point was that because the dude worked with him, he probably doing sus pedo shit as well?
Like what?
For what it's worth, Eiichiro Oda was also big on cross-promotion Toriko because he's a close friend of the author of that manga. The creator of Toriko was supposed to be in prison for two years for hiring a 16 year old prostitute but the sentence was waived.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like what?

Now that you mention it, it does sound like I accused Oda of being a pedo too. I actually just meant it in reference to him still being friends with his former boss Watsuki and helping promote Rurouni Kenshin stuff even now (there's a Kenshin 25th anniversary interview that Oda and Watsuki are doing/did)

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
You guys went from 'Huh, this forced marriage is kinda funky' to 'Oda is a pedo' in 3 posts. Wow.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
This marriage wasn't supposed to be a good thing in the story.
Like really, shit was mad forced for both parties

For what it's worth, Eiichiro Oda was also big on cross-promotion Toriko because he's a close friend of the author of that manga. The creator of Toriko was supposed to be in prison for two years for hiring a 16 year old prostitute but the sentence was waived.
Ok, ill give you that, that does give me a little side eye to everything now

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I always wonder where the outrage at every YA show is when I see these topics.

I mean, all those characters are always 16ish, they're in highschool and shit. And yet they are out there fucking vampires and whatnot.

Why is her breasts big?

Because Oda is big on T&A these days, which is a shame. The anime makes it even worse than the manga already is.

latest

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is filled with template statements like "yikes", "sus" and exaggerated reactions to things that dont really warrant it (Sanji and Pudding come nowhere close to being married, and it was a political one set up by a psychotic and impossibly power hungry individual that goes by the name of big mom)

Don't even want to touch the leaps to "Oda is pedo friendly" which are statements that are laughably made in bad faith

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is filled with template statements like "yikes", "sus" and exaggerated reactions to things that dont really warrant it (Sanji and Pudding come nowhere close to being married, and it was a political one set up by a psychotic and impossibly power hungry individual that goes by the name of big mom)

Don't even want to touch the leaps to "Oda is pedo friendly" which are statements that are laughably made in bad faith
The only use of "sus" in this thread so far has been:
Like what?

Hit Ctrl+F, check for yourself. It's really weird to me when people misrepresent a thread that they're posting in.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Most of the crew was in their late teens pre time skip. Chopper was 15, Luffy and Usopp were 17, Nami 18, and Zoro and Sanji 19. You realize this is a shonen. The crew, aside from Franky, Robin and Brooke are all really young

Um, I think the problem is not really the crew's average age but rather how Oda chose to depict a minor character in such a... sexual way. I mean Rebecca might as well be naked with what she wears.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yikes, wtf is wrong with the manga industry.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only use of "sus" in this thread so far has been:

Hit Ctrl+F, check for yourself. It's really weird to me when people misrepresent a thread that they're posting in.

Except the point I was trying to make was the overuse of template statements, not the quantity of them.

It doesn't detract from the point i'm trying to make

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the interview shouldn't be a surprised

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We aren't sure the framing of this thread is conductive to good discussion, therefore we're locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.