• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly so what's the issue. Muslim parent raise their children to be Muslim and they get circumsized. Most Muslim children follow their parents footsteps and are happy to be circumsized like me and 100s of my friends and family. Seems like the people who have issues are ones who are not affected lol

Then why not leave it until they are older?

Seems parents who do it to their young children do it through fear of a tradition not carrying on.

OP
OP

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn man. I try not to shit in public (or work) toilets either, but sometimes you just gotta go.

Up next, why have I got haemorrhoids from holding in shits constantly?

"Holding in your poo on the rare occasion is fine, but [shouldn't be] done all the time," says Alison Chen, N.D., and author of What Your Poo Says About You. Keeping in your bowel movement can lead to unnecessary constipation, Chen says, because the longer you hold the stool in your colon, the more water is absorbed and the harder it becomes. Those factors could potentially cause colon damage due to the effort and strain of expelling it later on.

"Holding your poop can result in distended bowels and problems with normal stooling in the near future," says Spencer Nadolsky, D.O., a family physician, who added that the bowels can reshape over time. And another not-cool consequence: When you hold, the muscles of your rectum stretch and send the signal to stop responding to the urge to go, which can sometimes result in slower emptying of the colon when it's time.

Both medical experts agree it's not harmful to hold in your poop from time to time, but you definitely shouldn't make a habit of it.

Go When You Gotta

If you've been paying attention, you already know constipation is a big risk factor for the development of hemorrhoids. But eating more fiber and drinking more water aren't the only ways to keep your bowels moving. It's also important to go when you've got the urge. While it's good to be able to hold it in until you can find a toilet, holding your poo for too long can make it go hard and dry inside your bowels, according to Cleveland Clinic. This is because your intestines leach water from stool, and if it sits there long enough, poop shrivels and is harder to push out.

Seems parents who do it to their young children do it through fear of a tradition not carrying on.

Brand the child like us, for we must make them one of us. A bit meh when it's splashing water on a baby/child's head without asking them, far more serious when it's taking a knife to their genitals.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Well I know about 100 Muslims none of us have become infected. Do you have any statistics in the UK of infections from this.

I'm sorry but like one of the above posters have stated you make it sound like a Mortal Kombat fatality. It's not a big deal. I don't know one muslim who have stated in disappointed this happened to me. I'm talking as a Muslim who has many connections from other Muslims who have been circumsized.

Don't read maliciousness into my post. I did not compare it to having your spine ripped out from your body, I simply called it exactly what it is. A procedure that permanently alters the body.

I would like to point your attention to this post, that I agree completely with:

And again (speaking personally) I think this extends beyond circumcism... but also tattoos, peircings or any other non-medically necessary procedures... Modifying your new born child for religious or aesthetic reasons is morally wrong. You're taking away that child's right to choose.

So: Being circumcised, or having another body-altering procedure performed for non-medical reasons, should be the choice of the individual. That is my stance.

Oct 30, 2017

Cause it's less painful when you are an infant. My nephew had it done recently. He cried once it was done. Hour later he's back to normal. Also who cares when we want to do it. Maybe some of us prefer to be cleaner at a younger age. It's easier to wash you private parts when it is circumsized as well. It is a Muslim tradition to wash yourself everytime you have a piss or shit.

I'll say it again

I know so many Muslims including myself who have been circumsized at a young age. We are okay with it. It seems people who haven't had it done the most are annoyed at this which I find hilarious

OP
OP

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cause it's less painful when you are an infant. My nephew had it done recently. He cried once it was done. Hour later he's back to normal. Also who cares when we want to do it. Maybe some of us prefer to be cleaner at a younger age. It's easier to wash you private parts when it is circumsized as well. It is a Muslim tradition to wash yourself everytime you have a piss or shit.

So they did it without anaesthesia?

Myth 2: It doesn't hurt the baby.

Reality check: Wrong. In 1997, doctors in Canada did a study to see what type of anesthesia was most effective in relieving the pain of circumcision. As with any study, they needed a control group that received no anesthesia. The doctors quickly realized that the babies who were not anesthetized were in so much pain that it would be unethical to continue with the study. Even the best commonly available method of pain relief studied, the dorsal penile nerve block, did not block all the babies' pain. Some of the babies in the study were in such pain that they began choking and one even had a seizure (Lander 1997).

Myth 3: My doctor uses anesthesia.

Reality check: Not necessarily. Most newborns do not receive adequate anesthesia. Only 45% of doctors who do circumcisions use any anesthesia at all. Obstetricians perform 70% of circumcisions and are least likely to use anesthesia - only 25% do. The most common reasons why they don't? They didn't think the procedure warranted it, and it takes too long (Stang 1998). A circumcision with adequate anesthesia takes a half-hour - if they brought your baby back sooner, he was in severe pain during the surgery.

Myth 4: Even if it is painful, the baby won't remember it.

Reality check: The body is a historical repository and remembers everything. The pain of circumcision causes a rewiring of the baby's brain so that he is more sensitive to pain later (Taddio 1997, Anand 2000). Circumcision also can cause post-traumatic stress disorder(PTSD), depression, anger, low self-esteem and problems with intimacy (Boyle 2002, Hammond 1999, Goldman 1999). Even with a lack of explicit memory and the inability to protest - does that make it right to inflict pain? Ethical guidelines for animal research whenever possible* - do babies deserve any less?

Myth 5: My baby slept right through it.

Reality check: Not possible without total anesthesia, which is not available. Even the dorsal penile nerve block leaves the underside of the penis receptive to pain. Babies go into shock, which though it looks like a quiet state, is actually the body's reaction to profound pain and distress. Nurses often tell the parents "He slept right through it" so as not to upset them. Who would want to hear that his or her baby was screaming in agony?

Myth 6: It doesn't cause the baby long-term harm.

Reality check: Incorrect. Removal of healthy tissue from a non-consenting patient is, in itself, harm (more on this point later). Circumcision has an array of risks and side effects. There is a 1-3% complication rate during the newborn period alone (Schwartz 1990). Here is a short list potential complications.

Meatal Stenosis: Many circumcised boys and men suffer from meatal stenosis. This is a narrowing of the urethra which can interfere with urination and require surgery to fix.

Adhesions. Circumcised babies can suffer from adhesions, where the foreskin remnants try to heal to the head of the penis in an area they are not supposed to grow on. Doctors treat these by ripping them open with no anesthesia.

Buried penis. Circumcision can lead to trapped or buried penis - too much skin is removed, and so the penis is forced inside the body. This can lead to problems in adulthood when the man does not have enough skin to have a comfortable erection. Some men even have their skin split open when they have an erection. There are even more sexual consequences, which we will address in a future post.

Infection. The circumcision wound can become infected. This is especially dangerous now with the prevalence of hospital-acquired multi-drug resistant bacteria.

Death. Babies can even die of circumcision. Over 100 newborns die each year in the USA, mostly from loss of blood and infection (Van Howe 1997 & 2004, Bollinger 2010).

Isn't it time to think more carefully about whether we should be circumcising our boys?

Oct 30, 2017
So they did it without anaesthesia?

No idea I havent got a a child myself. So far all my nephew's have had it done in the past 10 years when they were infants. That's about 8 people in my immediate family. There the recent ones, and of viruses if you include the rest of my immediate family like me and the older generation. None of have had any issues. In fact we are all happy we are circumsized.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

I'll say it again

I know so many Muslims including myself who have been circumsized at a young age. We are okay with it. It seems people who haven't had it done the most are annoyed at this which I find hilarious

enlighten me, how is it easier to clean your dick? You make it seem like washing an uncut dick is an difficult task.... you wash your dick the same way, cut or not cut, there's no difference dude!

But nevermind that, you should read more reaction in the thread, what do you do about people who are not happy that their parents did that? Not every jew or muslim decide to follow their religion later in their life

OP
OP

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
enlighten me, how is it easier to clean your dick? You make it seem like washing an uncut dick is an difficult task.... you wash your dick the same way, cut or not cut, there's no difference dude!

But nevermind that, you should read more reaction in the thread, what do you do about people who are not happy that their parents did that? Not every jew or muslim decide to follow their religion later in their life

Not every Jew or Muslim believes they need a cut penis in order to be practising in their faith. It's where logic clashes with tradition. As a grown adult everyone has to ask themselves why would a God care if a babies penis was cut with a knife? How does that make you a better person? How does it make you have some "VIP" access to being a "true believer"?

It's one of the most ridiculous traditions parents seem to get bloodlust over, instead of simply letting their own children they've carried and brought into this world make their own decision about irreversible surgery when they reach adulthood.

Time will not remember this practice well, as is seen by global rates dropping with circumcision, even in America.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017

I'll say it again

you pull the foreskin back and voila washing it is the same as if it were circumcised. there is no difficulty to it, the hygiene argument doesn't have any merit.

People are annoyed because it's an irreversible unnecessary medical procedure and the child has no say in the matter but. By those two points alone it's clearly an immoral act.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

Exactly, and not knowing anyone like that personally is a terrible argument. It is asinine to assume that whatever hundreds of acquaintances one has could possibly represent all of the billions of people on earth.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Up next, why have I got haemorrhoids from holding in shits constantly?

Hah! My old boss had them and he'd constantly bitch about it. Someone stole his donut once and he had a meltdown. Shit was hilarious.

Brand the child like us, for we must make them one of us. A bit meh when it's splashing water on a baby/child's head without asking them, far more serious when it's taking a knife to their genitals.

Yup. It might have made sense once upon a time (even that is questionable), but It's a long outdated religious practice that doesn't serve any real purpose.

I had mine done late (medical reason) and while it does hurt, the pain isn't that bad. The sensitivity is an issue, but again, if pain is the main reason to do it when they are young and can't make an informed decision, that's as poor reasoning as saying it's tradition.

Oct 30, 2017

The percentage of Muslims and Jews not following their parents religion is low. The percentage of those muslims and jews who don't follow their parents religion that are unsatisfied with having a circumsized penis and are regretful probably not that high as well. And the ones who are annoyed that they are circumsized, I guess I get where they are coming from but luckily in my family and friends this hasn't happened to none of us. Id just say circumsizion isn't a huge deal first of all it's not like a massive tattoo on your face. It's not a pain you deal with. I think most people can get over it.

But like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But me and my circle of friends and family are happy with it and I'm glad it's not a ban in the UK so I'm good. There are many things I don't agree with such as 5he hygiene if toilets no access to a jug and tap in every toilet. Teaching the population that cleaning your private parts with water when taking a shit or piss is something I don't understand here in the UK. But it's okay it's a different culture you don't seem me going out making a thread about it or telling everyone there are not hygienic. I just deal with it and make sure my kids will learn what hygiene is. You need to understand there are different cultures and not everyone is the same as you. It might seem alien to you but that's just how it is.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
you pull the foreskin back and voila washing it is the same as if it were circumcised. there is no difficulty to it, the hygiene argument doesn't have any merit.

People are annoyed because it's an irreversible unnecessary medical procedure and the child has no say in the matter but. By those two points alone it's clearly an immoral act.
Precisely, pulling back foresking takes fractions of a second. It's on the about same level of complexity as pulling up your sleeves to wash your hands.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back, mine was always difficult to deal with but became unbearably painful when I became sexually active and needed to be cast off.

Not gonna lie though, I missed it initially. It was a jacket for my dick. Kept it warm and safe.

OP
OP

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back, mine was always difficult to deal with but became unbearably painful when I became sexually active and needed to be cast off.

Not gonna lie though, I missed it initially. It was a jacket for my dick. Kept it warm and safe.

The sensitivity is a bitch afterwards. I guess like me you couldn't walk properly for a while lol.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad it was done too- it's hygienic and it's not deformed, imperfect or injured, whatever liberal interpretation you want to apply to the definition.

The thing is, unless you had it cut as an adult (or at least a teenager), you don't have a comparison point.

You simply don't know what it is to have foreskin. So you like being cut because that's all you know.

And yes, those of us who are uncut also don't know how it is to be cut. But at least whe know it's not the hassle many imagine it to be and that losing the foreskin would mean losing a bunch of sensations.

Oct 30, 2017
Yes they are. We are all entitled to our own opinions and choices. That includes being circumcised.

Cool like I said lucky you opinion doesn't affect the law in the UK

I'd also like to mention. The percentage of Muslims leaving the religion is low. In comparison to say Christianity. For example in my town the mosques are more busier than ever. So the Muslim population is growing. I think the issues of unsatisfied Muslims (well non Muslims after leaving the religion) with a circumsized penis is rather low.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
The sensitivity is a bitch afterwards. I guess like me you couldn't walk properly for a while lol.

Oh man, shit was rough for a good few weeks. The first week was the worst, I couldn't stand anything touching it and not getting erections was a tough time when my girlfriend at the time decided to be a dick and take pleasure from teasing me.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
User Warned: Inappropriate comment. You can state your opinion on the matter in a more respectful manner.
I wish we'd see more of this kind of thing but coming from the religions themselves, I feel all it will make them do is put up their guard and do it any way, but in worse conditions, endangering the health and lives of the children.

All these silly rules religions have like not eating certain foods and such. The Universe is so inconceivably huge and full of wonders we haven't even imagined yet - but we think the entity that created it all gives a shit whether we eat one mammal and not the other, bow our heads so many times a day or that we slice off pieces of our childrens genitals off? I mean what sick bastard came up with that one?

Genital mutilation of both sexes for religious reasons is disgusting and abhorrent. "Because religion sez so" should no longer be the sole acceptable reason for anything.

Oct 30, 2017
I wish we'd see more of this kind of thing but coming from the religions themselves, I feel all it will make them do is put up their guard and do it any way, but in worse conditions, endangering the health and lives of the children.

All these silly rules religions have like not eating certain foods and such. The Universe is so inconceivably huge and full of wonders we haven't even imagined yet - but we think the entity that created it all gives a shit whether we eat one mammal and not the other, bow our heads so many times a day or that we slice off pieces of our childrens genitals off? I mean what sick bastard came up with that one?

Genital mutilation of both sexes for religious reasons is disgusting and abhorrent. "Because religion sez so" should no longer be the sole acceptable reason for anything.

Is this allowed in this forum. I thought this forum has a mix of atheist, Christians, Muslims etc. We are allowed to disagree as long as we are not offensive. Some things are best kept to yourselves. I don't agree with alot of stuff but I still try to be respectful. So just trying to get this straight, are we allowed to make offensive remarks about other religious groups in this forum just wanna know the rules that's all?

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly so what's the issue. Muslim parent raise their children to be Muslim and they get circumsized. Most Muslim children follow their parents footsteps and are happy to be circumsized like me and 100s of my friends and family. Seems like the people who have issues are ones who are not affected lol

How many have to complain before you see a problem? Or are you saying everyone who has ever had it done is happy it was done?

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone pushing for baby circumcision in 2018 (excluding legit medical cases) is a fucking monster that should have their baby taken away from them.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'll say it again

You find it hilarious that I'm happy that this wasn't done to me at a young age before I had time to codify and form my beliefs ?

If it's hygenic from a pure medical perspective let's do it for the entire male populace then. Or offer and promote its benefits.

See no reason it should be allowed to kept being done due to religious reasons before someone had grown up . (Note as I said if it's much safer and hygenic as young ppl then promote it for the whole
Populace )

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
How many have to complain before you see a problem? Or are you saying everyone who has ever had it done is happy it was done?

A person who has only ever had experience of one particular way of having something is obviously going to be fine with it. They know nothing else. It's indoctrination, the only way religions can function.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is this allowed in this forum. I thought this forum has a mix of atheist, Christians, Muslims etc. We are allowed to disagree as long as we are not offensive. Some things are best kept to yourselves. I don't agree with alot of stuff but I still try to be respectful. So just trying to get this straight, are we allowed to make offensive remarks about other religious groups in this forum just wanna know the rules that's all?
What part did you find offensive? I'm happy to expound. My general point was - religion is a personal choice, and should not be the sole reason for political, medical, social etc policies.

Oct 30, 2017
You find it hilarious that I'm happy that this wasn't done to me at a young age before I had time to codify and form my beliefs ?

If it's hygenic from a pure medical perspective let's do it for the entire male populace then. Or offer and promote its benefits.

See no reason it should be allowed to kept being done due to religious reasons before someone had grown up . (Note as I said if it's much safer and hygenic as young ppl then promote it for the whole
Populace )

Time to let your kid choose their own belief.

Well unfortunately then I think it's the religion as a whole people disagree with in this forum

In Islam you meant to raise your kids as Muslims it's a actual rule in Islam.

Oct 30, 2017
What part did you find offensive? I'm happy to expound. My general point was - religion is a personal choice, and should not be the sole reason for political, medical, social etc policies.

I highlighted it

bow our heads so many times a day or that we slice off pieces of our childrens genitals off? I mean what sick bastard came up with that one?

It's cool that's your opinion. But you can simply say you don't agree with this religion due to these reasons. But let me tell you if you went into a conversation with a Muslim. And you stated what sick bastard came up with that. Do you not think that is being offensive. Fair enough if you think it's sick but you don't go out and say what sick bastard came up with that. As God came up with that, which you are implying god is a sick bastard.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time to let your kid choose their own belief.

Well unfortunately then I think it's the religion as a whole people disagree with in this forum

In Islam you meant to raise your kids as Muslims it's a actual rule in Islam.

I plan on if I have kids . I'm not going to impose my views on them just like while parts of my family was religious they allowed me the freedom to decide . Something I am very grateful for . Plus this line of argument on religion can be taken to extremes .

Oct 30, 2017
I can sort of understand older generations falling for religious/traditional nonsense. But we're far too educated today to advocate literal mutilation of babies.

So do you agree my brother's and sisters should have their kids taken away from them they did in in the last 5 to 6 years to their kids. Do you think they need their kids taken away from them?

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone I know are happy. All my friends and family and community in the my area. Being a grown adult and having it done probably be more painful just look at one of the above posters lol.

You didn't answer my questions. There are people - in this thread I believe - who wish it hadn't been done to them.

How many have to complain before you see a problem? Or do you believe everyone who has ever had it done is happy it was done?

A person who has only ever had experience of one particular way of having something is obviously going to be fine with it. They know nothing else. It's indoctrination, the only way religions can function.

Yep, compounded by the fact it was family that had it done to them.

Oct 25, 2017
So do you agree my brother's and sisters should have their kids taken away from them they did in in the last 5 to 6 years to their kids. Do you think they need their kids taken away from them?

I mean, you can personalize hypotheticals if you choose, but sorry, yeah if you abuse and mutilate a child, I don't think you still deserve to be a parent.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I highlighted it

bow our heads so many times a day or that we slice off pieces of our childrens genitals off? I mean what sick bastard came up with that one?

It's cool that's your opinion. But you can simply say you don't agree with this religion due to these reasons. But let me tell you if you went into a conversation with a Muslim. And you stated what sick bastard came up with that. Do you not think that is being offensive. Fair enough if you think it's sick but you don't go out and say what sick bastard came up with that. As God came up with that, which you are implying god is a sick bastard.
I didn't initiall see the highlight, sorry. The "sick bastard" comment was directed only at the circumcision example and I think you know that because you left off the other example I gave about food restrictions. I tried to make my comment as generally about religion as possible - many religions have praying practices, food restrictions and Islam is not the only religion that practices circumcision. Again, my comment was not directed any one religion, but them all as a general concept.

As for your god coming up with circumcision - that is your opinion and belief. I don't believe in your god.

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, you can personalize hypotheticals if you choose, but sorry, yeah if you abuse and mutilate a child, I don't think you still deserve to be a parent.

Lol well I'm glad you don't make the rules in this country

By the way my brother's kids are high achievers at their schools. Won many awards etc. He takes parenting extremely serious, private tuition, good education. Actual parenting and not just leaving them in a nursery. He's mortgage free and has invested alot of money into their future as well. But I guess he doesn't deserve to be a parent cause he circumsized his boys early on.

So in you ruling what would you do you would take his kids away. Who would take care of his kids. Would you put them in a foster home. Or up for adoption. What about a scenario where his kids cry for their dad and don't want to be removed form their parents. Would you forcibly removed his kids?

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't initiall see the highlight, sorry. The "sick bastard" comment was directed only at the circumcision example and I think you know that because you left off the other example I gave about food restrictions. I tried to make my comment as generally about religion as possible - many religions have praying practices, food restrictions and Islam is not the only religion that practices circumcision. Again, my comment was not directed any one religion, but them all as a general concept.

As for your god coming up with circumcision - that is your opinion and belief. I don't believe in your god.

So you think in a conversation this won't offend relgious people. There is words you can use are better such s I don't agree with this and that. Or keep some stuff to yourself.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think your siblings would circumcise their kids if it were illegal and punishable with prison time?