Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Man, like, I guess he'd just shoot Getsuga Tenshou anyway like always but, like... did Ichigo even ever get to use those dual blades from that outfit? The disappointment from the ending has overwritten my memories of the minutia. I know for sure if it was anything, it wasn't much.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
its years late for that, when pretty much everyone recognizes that kubo wrote himself into a corner early on in the series, but i guess its still a known and popular IP

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find it hilarious that Aizen is making it in and not Yhwach.

Yhwach is one of the worst villains I've ever seen in entertainment period.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Yup. Four years of bullshit.

Man, Hitsugaya and Kenpachi are such godawful characters and it's an absolute tragedy Kubo always falls back on them and their boring ass bullshit fights.

should have ended at the end of the HM arc with parting of ichigo rukia IMO...that was the high point and aizen had already been beaten...it would have been easy without the stupid king plot and small plot threads that in the end didnt matter like zero squad

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fact they picked Aizen over the true final enemy shows how shitty that final enemy was lol.

Well, no one picks Majin Buu either for DB but Freeza, they pick the most iconic

This will most likely be Shonen Jump only characters.

It's just Jump, it's the magazine completing 50 years after all so just series that were published on the magazine. So things like D Gray Man and Jojo are possible, even if they're not on the magazine anymore. But still part of Shueisha so no problem. Mainly will be characters for the past crossovers and new ones.

Shaman King is probably out of question since it's Kodansha now.

its years late for that, when pretty much everyone recognizes that kubo wrote himself into a corner early on in the series, but i guess its still a known and popular IP

It's a commemoration of jump's 50 years. There's no such thing as late for it, even more when it's one of the most successful manga in Jump, Shueisha and history. lol

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Nah it was pretty bad in reality.

Art took a slight bit of a nose dive in a sense (backgrounds especially), characters had either weird motivations or were forgotten entirely, Ichigo is revealed to be half fucking Quincy all along, Kubo ends up creating like 26 new villains and barely uses a third of them, one of the biggest mysteries of the series (Soul King) is just flat out dropped 3/4ths through and not answered or addressed even in the ending, Aizen makes a glorious return only to not do shit, fights literally resolved off screen, and the powers got so bad that one character found out he has a secret ability to transfer all of his damage to his opponent, and then his opponent happens to learn a super secret power that reflects the damage transferred to him back to his opponent.

The final arc was so rushed, especially the last 15-20 chapters.

I remember reading Kubo had plans to cover Isshin's backstory in a seperate arc but all those plans were scrapped. Was really looking forward.

Edit:
Hopefully they will show Ichigo's fused form. Or the final Zangetsu sword.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
God, Ichigo looks ugly. I wonder how much of the final arc's nonsense we'll be seeing.

Blackboard would ordinarily be a great choice, but that we haven't even seen him post-timeskip is...well, he can't look that dufferent, I guess, so his original look should suffice.
Nah it was pretty bad in reality.

Art took a slight bit of a nose dive in a sense (backgrounds especially), characters had either weird motivations or were forgotten entirely, Ichigo is revealed to be half fucking Quincy all along, Kubo ends up creating like 26 new villains and barely uses a third of them, one of the biggest mysteries of the series (Soul King) is just flat out dropped 3/4ths through and not answered or addressed even in the ending, Aizen makes a glorious return only to not do shit, fights literally resolved off screen, and the powers got so bad that one character found out he has a secret ability to transfer all of his damage to his opponent, and then his opponent happens to learn a super secret power that reflects the damage transferred to him back to his opponent.

Which characters were these, again?

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Four years of bullshit.

Man, Hitsugaya and Kenpachi are such godawful characters and it's an absolute tragedy Kubo always falls back on them and their boring ass bullshit fights.

Remember when Hitsugaya randomly revealed his "true" power temporarily ages him up into a super marketable/shippable young adult form?

Kubo just blatantly didn't care about any sort of integrity in the face of wringing every last Yen out of his creation, near the end.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
This game started of with a terrible impression and the first thing they're doing is to announce Bleach characters? Gee

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the 3 Bleach characters from the previous game. We're just going to get the J-Stars Victory Vs characters aren't we? Well, plus MHA and Black Clover characters and minus the ones that aren't relevant anymore like Beelzebub.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they went with that design for Ichigo, it's my favorite!
nqRfCav.png

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I'd make a fuss about the lack of Byakuya, but much like his role in the back end of Bleach, he deserves better.

Is it bad that I can't remember any developments about Ichigo in the last arc outside of "The Reveal?"

Aizen had his chair.
Rukia had her moment.
What about Mr. Protagonist?

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I'd make a fuss about the lack of Byakuya, but much like his role in the back end of Bleach, he deserves better.

Is it bad that I can't remember any developments about Ichigo in the last arc outside of "The Reveal?"

Aizen had his chair.
Rukia had her moment.
What about Mr. Protagonist?
Ichigo got a broken bankai...that's something.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
After, but his missing his stupid chair.

We don't know if she's even playable.
Why the fuck did they bring him back? He was finally captured, it was perfect to end his story right there.

Also what is that Ichigo form? I stopped reading/watching after Aizen was caught, that was the perfect way to end the series for me.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Why the fuck did they bring him back? He was finally captured, it was perfect to end his story right there.

Also what is that Ichigo form? I stopped reading/watching after Aizen was caught, that was the perfect way to end the series for me.
Kubo loves Aizen to much not to have him come back.

Ichigo got a new form after the Fullshitter arc and got two blades after training with the Zero squad, hunt he almost does nothing of note with this power.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Wait.. they're using Ichigos new bankai?

Did we even see him fight with that thing? It just fell apart and then surprise there was another sword in there to stab you with.

Then again this a game with Light and Ryuk so who the fuck knows how this is gonna play

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
This game feels like a misstep to me. I think the west is more open to anime games than ever before, even more so when they look authentic. Making this one so dark-ish and setting it in the real world just seems like a baffling decision.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Wait.. they're using Ichigos new bankai?

Did we even see him fight with that thing? It just fell apart and then surprise there was another sword in there to stab you with.

Then again this a game with Light and Ryuk so who the fuck knows how this is gonna play
Light and Ryuk aren't playable.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ichigo got a new form after the Fullshitter arc and got two blades after training with the Zero squad, hunt he almost does nothing of note with this power.

It's also worth noting that

standard Zangetsu was actually the manifestation of his Quincy powers -Ichigo's mom was retconned into being a Quincy, so Ichigo is a Quincy too now- while Shirosaki was his actual zanpakuto all along, hence the two blades.

What a shitshow that last arc was.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017

Looking at that reminded me of something I could never figure out; What the fuck was Unohana's bankai?! Was it suppose to be blood, or acid, or what? It seemed like it disolved Kenpachi but those panels were so hard to understand. Has this ever been clarified?

Ah, Bleach and it's many mysteries and plotholes. Don't even start me on Aizen's bankai...

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the first 20 volumes were good. Shame about the rest.
More like 48, but yeah. I never finished the series. But then again many manga/anime that are long running end up having a dip in quality so it's not all that surprising. Just take a look at Naruto after Pain, One Piece after the time skip, DBZ to Super, etc.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Looking at that reminded me of something I could never figure out; What the fuck was Unohana's bankai?! Was it suppose to be blood, or acid, or what? It seemed like it disolved Kenpachi but those panels were so hard to understand. Has this ever been clarified?

Ah, Bleach and it's many mysteries and plotholes. Don't even start me on Aizen's bankai...

Nothing can top the royal guard getting offpaneled.
Regarding her bankai, we'll never find out.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Fucking glad it's from the thousand year war, maybe this time Ichigo won't have an ultimate that literally kills himself In game

Oct 30, 2017
Man, reading about Bleach still kind of hurts the heart. I used to love it so much but after the Soul Society Arc, it was dragging pretty bad to me and I eventually just bailed out of the Hueco Mundo arc, it was a retread of the SS arc but worse and boring mundane looking with the location.

Reading about how it went afterward it just keeps getting worse. It was clear Kubo didn't know what to do with the characters or have much planned, having ass pulls after ass pulls and couldn't really decide what Ichigo was, so he just made him everything! Shinigami, sure, Hallow, why not? Quincy, have a freakin' ball!

Now I just like to pretend the story ended a bit after Soul Society, they eventually defeated Aizen, and all was good. Anything in your head is better than what became of Bleach by the end, yeesh.