Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If casting doesn't try to get Lars I don't know what they're even doing. He had the perfect voice and look for Thrawn. I sometimes wonder if they based his model on Lars.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always sort of pictured him in my head as Jeffrey Combs. Take a little Herbert West, a little Question from JLU, a little Weyoun from Star Trek... that's Thrawn.

Might be a little too old at this point, but I picture Thrawn as being middle-aged at least, too, so, yeah.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Clive Owen.

048838.jpg

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Those first few posts are weird. I've only seen the first two episodes of the new season but those complaints about spoilers relating to the show, when there's nothing in the OP to suggest anything if the kind, give it away.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus this spoiler culture is outta hand. Most people don't know who the hell he is anyways.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those first few posts are weird. I've only seen the first two episodes of the new season but those complaints about spoilers relating to the show, when there's nothing in the OP to suggest anything if the kind, give it away.
"Spoiler culture" is the worst tbh. 99% of the time it is people who already know the "spoiler" complaining that it will spoil people... because those who don't know literally are ignorant from whatever the spoiler is. The topic title and OP both have absolutely nothing indicating any sort of spoiler whatsoever on their own.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

I edited the OP. It did mention his name drop in the show. But I thought since it was not part of the main story of the episode it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Dec 21, 2018
Keeps Lars. And as a response to some on here, there wasn't anything dumb about the way he and Ezra went out. At worst it was serviceable.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be Mikkelsen but I want it to be Cumberbatch.

qRnoS5j.jpg

He already played Sherlock, he's too perfect for the role.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a couple of episodes behind on The Mandalorian and had no idea there was any mention of Thrawn (I'm assuming that's what people are getting at) until the spoiler squad started complaining in this thread so... thanks guys, I guess. Keep fighting the good fight đź‘Ź

"Spoiler culture" is the worst tbh. 99% of the time it is people who already know the "spoiler" complaining that it will spoil people... because those who don't know literally are ignorant from whatever the spoiler is. The topic title and OP both have absolutely nothing indicating any sort of spoiler whatsoever on their own.
Exactly. I'm reminded of when the trailer for Ender's Game came out and the thread was full of people who'd read the book complaining about how the trailer shows the ending, when only people who'd read the book could possibly know that.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Lars Mikkelson or Benedict Cumberbatch. You want someone with a really distinctively authoritative yet kinda creepy voice when they talk calmly. Mads Mikkelsen would be a good choice too.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There are four. Thrawn, Thrawn: Alliances, and Thrawn: Treason are one trilogy and they take place during Rebels (post-RotS, pre-ANH). There's another trilogy that has just started with Thrawn: Ascendancy which takes place during the Clone Wars.

Didn't know there was 4 now - I heard bad things about the last book in the first trilogy. Is it worth a read?

And how's the new one? I always liked that very little was known before his time in the empire.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know there was 4 now - I heard bad things about the last book in the first trilogy. Is it worth a read?

And how's the new one? I always liked that very little was known before his time in the empire.

I thought the third book was fine. The first one was my favorite, and the 2nd one was the one I thought was a bit meh.