• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

NieR: Automata has reached 5 million copies in worldwide sales | RPG Site

The eccentric game has finally reached the big milestone.

Didn't see a thread but figured the topic was worth making as I know there are a lot of people who prefer Gestalt over Replicant.
This was said by Yosuke Saito, the game's producer during the nier holiday live stream (Can't find the specific timestamp but have had multiple sources confirm). While it might've been a bit of a joke, I feel the addition is totally possible. I currently have a copy pre-ordered for Xbox, so it would be nice to see things come full circle.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
every single one of you fuckers better fucking buy it

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The visual I have of Yoko Taro holding Papa Nier hostage has me chuckling

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Stolen valour from the other thread, yeowch. I'll buy it but Replicant > Gestalt.

Also this is either a joke or is already being planned. Will they really wait until it sells 2.5mil then create all that new content and voice work?

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
Let people in asia pre order the Lunar Tear edition already... why is it taking so long SE!? T_T You wont reach 2.5M if you wont let us buy the damn game. :(

Oct 25, 2017
They would CONSIDER

Nobody buy this in the hopes of one day getting Father Nier
Don't buy games on promises or maybes. Buy it when he's out if that's what you're waiting for.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Reminder Gestalt Nier and Kainé's ages are like 40 vs 20. Younger Nier is the better choice.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favourite games but I have 0 interest in the remake aside from the re-recorded OST so 🤷

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
How different are Replicant and Gestalt? I always figured that they were identical aside from a few changed voice lines and a different character model.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
they will consider it? how magnanimous of them

i'm buying 350 copies so they can maybe mention it on a meeting

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was clearly a joke, but hey, we did eventually get our Nier remake...

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I personally think they're already planning to add him but it'll be DLC a year or so later. You can re-use a lot of the content and just swap the models.
The biggest thing would just be needing to re-do the VA for all of his cutscenes. IMO feels like more worthwhile content to add than costumes and a battle arena like Nier: A got even if it costs a bit more.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Crazy Square Enix and their unrealistic sales predictions!
Automata has gone to like, 5 millions. You told me the year before it was announced that a NieR sequel would become a mainstream icon (you've be amazed how mainstream adult entertainers and those cosplayers that go to conventions just to brag about quality cosplays have done 2B stuff, if that tell you anything), and would even save Platinum Game, i would laugh of my ass.

But hey, everything is possible.

I think this video of Frustrated Jacob explains well how Square Enix are more open to mid tier games and not having to sell 10 million copies in a month to stay afloat.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I won't buy it unless they add him in. Fingers crossed other people buy it so I can get it at a discount when the real protag is added back in.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They are clearly already making it and saving it for a GOTY release months later like Automata. I don't know why they bother with trying to trick people out like this.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Motherfuckers!! Gotta buy 2 copies now lol.

Change the ERA logo to the Nier logo in April. Put the pressure on everyone here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Cool. I won't buy it unless they add him in. Fingers crossed other people buy it so I can get it at a discount when the real protag is added back in.
Is this sarcasm or do people actually care so little for the game outside of Yonah being a daughter instead of a sister that they would not buy the game because of it.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
WJx7JLN.gif

I'll buy it if Gestalt Nier ends up getting in, sure.
He will be as Shadowlord regardless.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
what if they just add the ugmo face mask that the father wears as an equipable cosmetic

No thanks. I liked the Papa Nier/Weiss old married couple dynamic. I don't need or want to play as some dweeb teenager with stupid hair. I will happily save my money and not buy the game if that's the only playable character option.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously though if this is your deciding point you must not have cared that much about the game in the first place.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
No thanks. I liked the Papa Nier/Weiss old married couple dynamic. I don't need or want to play as some dweeb teenager with stupid hair. I will happily save my money and not buy the game if that's the only playable character option.
Weiss and Niers relationship/banter is literally the relationship least changed by the swap, lmao. All the others are slightly different but those two it's the exact fucking same.

It'll never not be fucking bizarre how people talk about Bro Nier like he doesn't have the exact same characterization as father.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Automata has gone to like, 5 millions. You told me the year before it was announced that a NieR sequel would become a mainstream icon (you've be amazed how mainstream adult entertainers and those cosplayers that go to conventions just to brag about quality cosplays have done 2B stuff, if that tell you anything), and would even save Platinum Game, i would laugh of my ass.

But hey, everything is possible.

I think this video of Frustrated Jacob explains well how Square Enix are more open to mid tier games and not having to sell 10 million copies in a month to stay afloat.

To be honest part of the reason was thanks to 2B design, not saying that was the only reason but surely was the main one, i highly doubt that Replicant will sell as well especially since what is asking is half of Automata lifetime sales