If Nintendo made a limited edition SWOLED Model for BOTW2, would you buy it if the design is good?

• Yes

Votes: 152 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 578 79.2%

• Total voters

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
As we know, Nintendo's no stranger to make limited edition Switch Models. They've done it in the past for games like Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter Rise prior to the Nintendo Switch OLED Model. And with the SWOLED Model, they've already made a limited edition SWOLED Model for Splatoon 3 and are continuing this effort (or tradition?) with Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet's release as well.

splatconsole1.jpg

nintendo-switch-splatoon-3-carry-case.large.jpg

splatconsole2.jpg

splatconsole3.jpg
Pokemon-Switch-2-1.jpg

pokemon-scarlet-and-violet-switch-oled.large.jpg

1662557436_786447_1662557556_noticia_normal.jpg

Now, I know a lot of people here are hesitant or against upgrading to a Switch OLED Model, understandably so, due to the lack of performance enhancements. However, I also know that a lot of people are incredibly hyped for BOTW2 as well. So, my question is, would Nintendo making a limited edition SWOLED Model for BOTW2 that's well designed actually be enough to get you to upgrade to SWOLED Model despite it's lack of performance enhancements?

Last edited:

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
if it had a better design than either of those two in the OP maybe

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
It would have to be a NEW upgraded console. More powerful. I'm not buying any more old tech Switch consoles.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Who are these people buying limited edition consoles for games they are hyped for? I wish I had that kind of money.

Don't think I've ever bought a system refresh I didn't at least somewhat regret. Switch would not change that.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Love my regular white OLED (hugeeee difference in handheld mode), so it would have to be so damn sexy that I feel compelled to trade it in

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's too late for me since I bought an OLED Switch.

That said, if I didn't already own one, I'd be copping the Pokémon one instead. As for a BOTW one, buying something that isn't Switch Pro/Switch 2 in 2023 would officially be playing myself at that point IMO

Shad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I voted no. I already caved and got the Splatoon model *and* pre-ordered the Scarlet/Violet model (I was honestly going to pass on the Splatoon one with the hopes they'd announce a Pokemon one, but my husband talked me into it). I don't think my love of Zelda is great enough to go for a 3rd OLED.

My husband, however, is a huge fan, so chances are it would end up in the house anyway.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
It's too late for me since I bought an OLED Switch.

That said, if I didn't already own one, I'd be copping the Pokémon one instead. As for a BOTW one, buying something that isn't Switch Pro/Switch 2 in 2023 would officially be playing myself at that point IMO
Yeah good point also

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I have no interest in the OLED, but if they made it gold...

I'd even take just some gold joycons.

There's been a real lack of gold stuff since the Wii days, it was my go-to fav colour for console things! :(

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yes.

Bought every single Zelda console Nintendo has released since the 3DS debuted. It's a weakness.

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
I always regretted growing up not getting special editions GBAs and what not, so if the design is good I'll spring for a special edition.

Got two of the Splatoon OLEDs, one to rock, one to stock.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
They always do this to us so late in the game. Entirely plausible.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I own a 2017 model, and the battery is getting worse and worse. I have been thinking about getting an OLED since I play 100% portable and I was thinking to buy a Pokemon one, but..maybe a Zelda one is even better, since pokemon doesn't really hype me.

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
They will 100% make a Zelda one when that game hits. Depends on the design. I like the Splatoon one but really don't like the Pokemon one.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I almost bought the Splatoon 3 one and I'm not even a big fan of the series. I just really liked what they did with it. Pokemon one is meh. I already have the Skyward Sword Joy-Cons... if they put in a good effort on a TotK Switch, I'd certainly be tempted.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
No, I'd hold out for a new iteration of the switch vs what's mostly just an oled update. Though those examples are pretty striking so I'd probably be tempted.

I'd probably break for a retro themed one as I am a fool.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I'm pretty sure we're close to a Switch 2 announcement, and even if that isn't the case, I'm not considering upgrading to the OLED screen since I mostly play docked.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I might but there's always that ghost of the switch pro/2

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i don't have an oled switch, and i have some limited edition zelda systems (wii u and 3ds xl). sure, why not.