• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
I like how every comment is basically saying the same lol. I feel like OP probably gets the point by now

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
You think people who buy Xbox don't enjoy their exclusives?
Never said that. Just comparing the two consoles for me it isn't even close in terms of quantity of quality exclusives. If he can justify buying a Xbox for exclusives I'm not sure how couldn't justify buying a ps2/3/4/5 for their exclusives considering the substantial drop in price in the older consoles

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
You will absolutely be able to buy the disc-less version of the PS5 for $299... though that PS5 will have "fallen off a truck" and you may get stabbed while you attempt to purchase it.

Oct 27, 2017
No way in paying 70€ for digital only games at launch when I can have the same games on physical for 15€ cheaper delivered to my door.
Either digital pricing changes at some point or I'll just keep buying physical

VamosTigres

Jun 11, 2020
Not happening. The S is repackaged last gen console that plays next gen games, just at sub 4k resolutions. Its cost is also subsidized by Gamepass subscriptions.

The PS5 digital is a full fledged PS5 with fully "next gen" specs, so its a whole different pony.
The S is far closer to the Series X than the One X in terms of internals, definitely isn't a "repackaged last gen" console

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Guess you will once again miss PlayStation exclusives this upcoming generation lol

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I always been a Nintendo fan since the first NES and the PSX/N64 was my first generation that I owned multiple machine because the amount of games that wasn't available on the N64 like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Driver and so on.

Then the first Xbox launched and felt in love with Halo and since then I have been on Nintendo camp for my love of Nintendo games and on MS camp for my love of Halo and be able to play all the big third parties games.

Now I have a switch and planing to trade in my Xbox one X for the Series X.

If Sony follows what MS did with the Series S I might grab one next year just to play Sony exclusives.
A question for you.
U know the difference between hardware of ps5 and xss ?

If yes, How do u expect them to be same price ??

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
There is literally no possible way it could be $300

There is definitely a chance it could be $500

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
There's no way, man. Sorry. The Series S takes out a lot more than just the disc drive.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
what? i dont get it. is $299 the limit on what your willing to spend on being able to play ps exclusives? so what stopped you during the ps2/3/4 days?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Never said that. Just comparing the two consoles for me it isn't even close in terms of quantity of quality exclusives. If he can justify buying a Xbox for exclusives I'm not sure how couldn't justify buying a ps2/3/4/5 for their exclusives considering the substantial drop in price in the older consoles
This is great. You really are shocked someone doesn't enjoy Playstation's vast exclusive library. I know I don't...I buy Playstations for a few of their studios. The last exclusive I beat before Spidey was God of War. Nothing since Spiderman.

Not happening. The S is repackaged last gen console that plays next gen games, just at sub 4k resolutions. Its cost is also subsidized by Gamepass subscriptions.

The PS5 digital is a full fledged PS5 with fully "next gen" specs, so its a whole different pony.

My Xbox One X doesn't have near the tech inside the XSS...did I do it wrong?

Zones

Oct 28, 2017
If the PS5 is $10,000 I might skip PlayStation for the first time since the PSX.
I am afraid you're out of luck then...

dwdwdwad.png

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
This is great. You really are shocked someone doesn't enjoy Playstation's vast exclusive library. I know I don't...I buy Playstations for a few of their studios. The last exclusive I beat before Spidey was God of War. Nothing since Spiderman.

My Xbox One X doesn't have near the tech inside the XSS...did I do it wrong?
Not sure what your point is here, I'd argue getting a ps4 for God of war and Spiderman is worth it, never mind all the other exclusives

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing stopping you from buying a PlayStation console at a discounted price years after launch, except in the 20 years or so you haven't, and you still won't.

Why are you trolling, OP?

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
I always been a Nintendo fan since the first NES and the PSX/N64 was my first generation that I owned multiple machine because the amount of games that wasn't available on the N64 like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Driver and so on.

Then the first Xbox launched and felt in love with Halo and since then I have been on Nintendo camp for my love of Nintendo games and on MS camp for my love of Halo and be able to play all the big third parties games.

If Sony follows what MS did with the Series S I might grab one next year just to play Sony exclusives.
Are you under the impression that the Series S is the same as the Series X, just missing the disk drive? Serious question.

OP
OP
T-Virus

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I thought the digital only PS5 was what to the XSS is to XSX. Don't need to bash me like that.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It won't happen the Xbox SS is sacrificing storage space and GPU power to get down to that price. Both versions of the PS5 are the same power wise and storage wise with literally the only difference being no disc drive for those who are comfortable going all digital.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Just thought your reaction to someone enjoying exclusives on Xbox more that Playstation humorous.
I didn't react to him enjoying exclusives on Xbox straw man. I said it's strange that if he buys Xbox for exclusives that since the psx he hasn't bought any PlayStation considering the vast quantity of quality exclusives on PlayStation platforms, with most of the older consoles being v cheap if money was a issue as suggested in the op

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you could have bought a PS4 these last couple years for around $200 and played all the great exclusives it offered.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Series S is a repackaged last-gen console? Can you elaborate on this?

Everything I've read says in terms of its pure horsepower its on par and maybe slightly less in that department than the One X. Yes, its gets some added benefit from the better SSD for faster loads and some newer hardware feature things, so that helps some things along. But they are mostly similarly speced machines, , its just the One X only plays "One" games (plus earlier generation, but will never play Series X) while the Series S plays "Series X" games (plus all earlier generations).

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

you want sony to release a 4 tflops console too?

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly you're missing out on so many great ps2, Ps3, and PS4 games id say just get a used ps2, 3 or 4 and enjoy. No need to wait for PS5.