Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Last_Stop_official_cover_art.jpg

The end credits are rolling and I loved this game so much. Each of the paths had a difference focus like humor or mystery and the game is also the perfect length.

I feel this game was even better than many of the telltale games.

So give it a shot (especially the PlayStation PS+ folks before it is removed in May)

Last edited:

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
It's made by the same team that did Virginia. I finished it this week and I enjoyed where the story went but I'd say it's not for everyone. The structure is similar to the Telltale ones but it's a lot on rails (you only make choices that impact the story at the very end). I have appreciated the short length at it set out what it wanted to do in that time.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
The last third or so of the game took a turn I didn't expect that is for sure. But as a free plus game it scratched an itch for a easy to follow story game that can be completed in a weekend before something else comes out that I can use minimal brain power on.

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
Grabbed it via ps plus long ago, but never got around to it. Maybe it's time I did.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Few games shut the bed so hard as the last stop. Pure nonsense.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
It's pretty mid i'd say.

Played it when it came out on gp and was indifferent to the story.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Last_Stop_official_cover_art.jpg

The end credits are rolling and I loved this game so much. Each of the paths had a difference focus like humor or mystery and the game is also the perfect length.

I feel this game was even better than many of the telltale games.

So give it a shot (especially the PlayStation PS+ folks before it is removed in May)

Finished it over the week end, enjoyed my time with it, I was more of a fan of John and Mol's fun adventure.
In my ending John ends up on a wheelchair, Meena in jail and fine with her family, and Donna all alone. No explanations on what the stranger was and how Vivek was apparently playing with both girls was disappointing, but maybe it is touched upon in another ending. It was kinda refreshing how much of an asshole Meena is though. I tried making her a bit nicer, but you can't really do it so you just have to embrace her shittyness.
A nice 6-7/10 game, pleasant enough.

OP
OP
Genetrik

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it over the week end, enjoyed my time with it, I was more of a fan of John and Mol's fun adventure.
In my ending John ends up on a wheelchair, Meena in jail and fine with her family, and Donna all alone. No explanations on what the stranger was and how Vivek was apparently playing with both girls was disappointing, but maybe it is touched upon in another ending. It was kinda refreshing how much of an asshole Meena is though. I tried making her a bit nicer, but you can't really do it so you just have to embrace her shittyness.
A nice 6-7/10 game, pleasant enough.
I agree with your verdict. I still rank it for me a 7/10 as I especially enjoyed the John and Meena tracks.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just finished it and picked up the plat. Gotta say the game was hard carried by the daughter and her two dads for me, but the other two paths are still decent enough

Thanks for the rec Genetrik, it's a fun time and I would've most likely missed out on it without this thread

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I think I played this when it was on Game Pass, and I really enjoyed my time with it, and I'll add that the ending is fucking doozy. Definitely worth a play on subs.

OP
OP
Genetrik

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it and picked up the plat. Gotta say the game was hard carried by the daughter and her two dads for me, but the other two paths are still decent enough

Thanks for the rec Genetrik, it's a fun time and I would've most likely missed out on it without this thread
My pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it as well and an easy platinum as a bonus increases at least for me also the good time with it.

I hope the studio gets to make more games. I also liked Virginia but last stop was way more enjoyable for me.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I had it downloaded since my last post, but just got around to playing it today after finishing Immortality.

I loved it, it was so much fun. The story had me enthralled the whole way through, especially the last chapter (though I'd have loved some more info on all that because how interesting!)

After Virgina and this game, sign me up for whatever Variable State does next!

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I finished the game and I'm somehow conflicted. Best thing about it was the atmosphere, it really transported you to the UK, but 2 of the 3 storylines were a bit meh (the 2 father ones was the clear standout) and none of the choices really mattered (like it was also the case in most Telltale games) until the very end. Also most of the gameplay was a bit of a slog. I did like the final chapter though.

Maybe they could've done 3 chapters + the "final" chapter + 3 more chapters, that would continue the storyline after what happened in the "final" one, and that could vary widly depending on the choices taken. That way you minimize the bad storylines, explore the mistery and give meaningful results to the choices taken. Or 4+1+2.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Finished this a year to two ago, it's a good game.

One way to enjoy it is to play it episodically, a session a night. It has a real TV show vibe when you do that.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I loved it when it came out, did it on Gamepass and definitely recommend it!

I also remember anyone outside of the UK being like "what the hell is a chicken dipper?!"

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Finished this back in 2021 on gamepass and remember that though the game pretty mediocre.

Didnt liked to much of the art style and the story was very strange at times…
Though the gameplay was also kind of boring.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Finished this back in 2021 on gamepass and remember that though the game pretty mediocre.

Didnt liked to much of the art style and the story was very strange at times…
Though the gameplay was also kind of boring.
Definitely a "Game Pass game" for me. Wouldn't pay more than a couple of quid, but a few of these types of games as part of a subscription is perfect for me.