• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Explanation of why this is an issue
  • gothi

Prophet of Truth
    Jun 23, 2020
    Okay, so this is a problem if you bought the PS4 version on disc, upgraded it, sold it, and now want to upgrade via the PS4 version that is free digitally via this month's offering on PS+, which was recently made upgradeable?

That is a very niche, but unfortunate scenario I suppose. Call me a boomer if you like, but if you're going to go through the trouble of upgrading the disc already, I'd just say keep the disc.
    It's not this months PS+ offering, it was included months ago. People are paying for PS+, they want to be able to upgrade the copy they got months ago to the PS5 version just like everyone else can. But they can't because they had the audacity to buy the game at some point.

They're paying the same fee I am but I can upgrade my copy whilst they can't. Despite paying more money than I have they're losing out, hardly seems fair and is why folks are understandably complaining.

How to remove the disc license so you can redownload the PS+ upgrade
  • Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
    Banned
    Oct 27, 2017
    Here's how i did it. Took my 10 min total, i actually timed it lol.

Looked at my transaction history, wrote down the transaction# of the free disc upgrade.

Contacted Sony customer support via chat, ask them to remove a license from my account and explain the reason, they asked for the transaction#, license was removed.

Downloaded the game and played it, the game now appears with the ps+ icon next to it, before it was the disc version.

We shouldn't have to do this, but this works, at least it did for me, and it can all be done from your smart device.

EDIT: seems like this has been mentioned on this thread already.

Last edited: