• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Visually which do you prefer?

• No man's sky

Votes: 784 49.9%
  • Starfield

Votes: 787 50.1%

• Total voters

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Obviously comparison will be made but IGN went ahead and did a good side by side

20220612-183228.jpg

20220612-183308.jpg

20220612-183420.jpg

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the thread is going to fill with people who think this comparison is nonsense. But yeah, it did look like a greyer No Man's Sky with an actual narrative. And, aside from the lack of color, I'm okay with that.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Starfield and it's not close, not a comparison I would make visually personally

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
so the games are similar...? lots of games are similar to other games, this is a good thing for people who like these games

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Man IGN spinning up that narrative straight away.

There was some blatant NMS "influence" going on though.

home

Oct 25, 2017
How do folks think that last pic looks the same at all except there's a robot in both pictures? uh?

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I thought about No Man Sky when they said "Over 1000 planets will be explorable"

That worries me.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starfield will still be a lot better due to how detailed and interactive a lot of it will be.

That and a more RPG heavy set of subsystems.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
NMS trailers are still so good. Feel like I've watched like 50 of them with slight variations and they still work.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the thread is going to fill with people who think this comparison is nonsense. But yeah, it did look like a greyer No Man's Sky with an actual narrative. And, aside from the lack of color, I'm okay with that.
Bethesda games usually do end up having muddier color palettes, I assume it's just a stylistic choice.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
I thought the same. Seems like it'll be NMS with a story and the stuff that typically comes with bethesda rpgs (choices, character creation, etc).

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Despite these games possessing similar elements and taking place in a similar setting they're going to end up being wildly different.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
not gonna lie, the ambition of 1000+ planets is a slight concern.

and yeah, I'm of the camp that it's quite comparable from an exploration perspective, not quite with gameplay tho

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm not trying to meme on Starfield, I just think it's super cool that NMS is leaving its mark on the industry. Game's come so far since its rocky launch

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
We don't know what other worlds look like in Starfield so I don't understand the comparison outside of clickbait knee jerk reaction.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
No mans sky is a nice comeback story but I still find that game incredibly shallow gameplay wise. Sure the comparisons could be made but aside from maybe base building I expect a lot more interaction with the world and it's characters in Starfield. This still is a Bethesda RPG and I think the comparison to be a bit reductive. Sure if you remove absolutely all Bethesda RPG mechanics and world building then you have a less colorful no mans sky.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to believe anyone voting for NMS has actually played it. It's very obvious that pretty much everything shown in it's promotional materials is heavily curated and hand picked. That's normal for game trailers, but most of what you'll see in that game feels very cheap.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
while i just got back into nms im going with starfield.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it was intended that the look of Starfield is tied to modern realism. With that said, this comparison is so pathetic.
Yeah, I mean I wasn't expecting the color vibrancy of NMS, but I would like it if there are some worlds that show off some nicer colors than the greys and browns.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Is it ok if I guess that the majority of people voting for NMS don't have a console that can play the other title?