• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought it was the guy who played Joker in the Gotham TV series, but I could get enough of a look to see that they seem to be incorporating Joker's look from the Arkham Asylum games.

Nov 5, 2017
Scene was totally fine. Would honestly be cool with Joker having a similar role in these movies as Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow in the Nolan trilogy; just a guy showing up to cause some trouble but isn't the main villain

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I thought the scene was good, but I was half expecting the camera to turn and for us to see

Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker

and was disappointed when that didn't happen

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I knew Barry Keoghan was in this, then didn't see him in the movie and totally forgot about it and when I saw him in the credits I was like "who tf was he??". I think he'd be a good Joker, he's always playing a creepy little weirdo.

Also thought the scene was fine. It's a bit of a groan because it's the kinda shit they have to put in these movies but whatever. They're both good actors and I don't mind a little tease.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
People hating on the idea of Barry Keoghan as the Joker in the sequel should watch Killing of a Sacred Deer. I'm excited to see Keoghan play a psycho again.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
It was fine, I'm just so sick of the Joker. If he's a big part of the sequels, I hope they at least do something completely different with him.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Ive scoured the internet this entire morning and not even the fan sites have any good manips based on the scene in the film of him. Seriously?

Ive been two times watching this in the cinema and I cant stop thinking about the interesting design 🤘

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Ive scoured the internet this entire morning and not even the fan sites have any good manips based on the scene in the film of him. Seriously?

Ive been two times watching this in the cinema and I cant stop thinking about the interesting design 🤘

His face looked pretty disfigured. I wonder if it's going to take inspiration from Scott Snyder's joker
(Ripped off face stapled back onto his head)

Feb 16, 2022
Design-wise, he looked kinda like Arkham games' Joker:
The-Joker-in-Batman-Arkham-City.jpg

Excited to have a Joker that will likely be a major presence in multiple movies. People who hated his inclusion are weird af lol. Being negative/contrarian is not a personality trait.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Design-wise, he looked kinda like Arkham games' Joker:
The-Joker-in-Batman-Arkham-City.jpg

Excited to have a Joker that will likely be a major presence in multiple movies. People who hated his inclusion are weird af lol. Being negative/contrarian is not a personality trait.

I also don't really get the hate for his inclusion, since it's been almost 15 years since almost 15 years since we've seen Bats and Joker go head-to-head on the big screen.

Of course I'd love to see lesser used villains (Clayface, Pyg, Ventriloquist) get a time to shine, and I'm sure we will, but having those two butt heads in the Reeves Batverse, is actually something I'd love to see.

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't hate the scene but man they wasted no time leaning right back onto that character. I'm surprised Harley wasn't sitting on his lap.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Imagine thinking WB would do a Batman reboot without setting up a potential sequel featuring Joker.

I haven't seen the film itself yet, but I already figured this would happen. With everything I have heard about how Reeveshas handled Riddler, I'm curious how he will tackle Joker. Can't be worse than Mr. Damaged.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm having a Hannibal character like that (as many people have said) would be kinda neat.

But would they go the Hannibal tv show route? :)

The fact that this movie jumps right into an ongoing saga and doesn't set up any origins was fantastically done. I kept waiting for the Batman origin reprisal and it never came and it was great. It tells you all you need to know organically.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
While it may seem obvious that Reeves placed this scene at the end of "The Batman" to set up Keoghan as the lead villain for the inevitable sequel, the director was quick to explain that not only was that not his intention, he is in no way convinced that Keoghan's Joker will appear in any more "Batman" movies.

"It's not an Easter egg scene," he says. "It's not one of those end credits Marvel or DC scenes where it's going, like, 'Hey, here's the next movie!' In fact, I have no idea when or if we would return to that character in the movies."

Whether Keoghan will keep playing the Joker remains an open question.

"There might be places," Reeves says. "There's stuff I'm very interested in doing in an Arkham space, potentially for HBO Max. There are things we've talked about there. So it's very possible. It also isn't impossible, that there is some story that comes back where Joker comes into our world."

About the deleted scene:

So Reeves shot a scene in which Batman snuck inside Arkham, arriving at the door of a specific inmate.

"And this guy says, 'It's almost our anniversary, isn't it?'" says Reeves. "You realize that they have a relationship, and that this guy obviously did something, and Batman somehow got him into Arkham."

As they talk, Batman tells Joker he wants to know how Riddler thinks. Joker's reply, as relayed by Reeves: "What do you mean, you want to know how he thinks? You guys think the same."

variety.com

Matt Reeves Explains ‘The Batman’ Ending: Do Not Expect to See [SPOILER] in Another Movie

"The Batman" director Matt Reeves explains why he cast Barry Keoghan in his surprising role, and what his future is in the larger franchise.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Thinking about it, it would actually be really fun if PatBat used all the villains in Arkham as a tool to catch new villains.

He'd go to Riddler to solve puzzles, knowing how the Riddler sees him and talking to his superiority complex. He'd go to Joker to make sense of seemingly chaotic patterns or perhaps to cut back complexity and see the simple truths he'd overlooked. He'd go to Killer Croc to make sense of brutality, etc. It'd be an interesting show of both his detective prowess and his ability to read people, to know when he needs a unique perspective. Plus it'd be neat as a way to show the passage of time, that he's been there and taking care of business, giving context to scars and character growth.

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how anyone could come away with this. It's quite minor world building.
For me, I came away with that because joker didn't need to be in it. It didn't add anything. I feel like he's in a hell of a lot already. For me, it felt…bleh. Riddler was great and while joker didn't take anything away from him, he didn't compliment him either. It was like the creator was saying "hey! We're gonna do joker too!" Might as well throw Harley right on his lap so they can do that as well. Like I said…i don't hate it but it's not exciting either. It just is.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Bengraven