Asator

Oct 27, 2017
Ace Combat thread? Ace Combat thread!

"Did you know... there are three kind of aces? Those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three."

(Skip to 1:17)

"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns..."

(Skip to 0:40)

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Back in the day I quite liked MechWarrior 2's intro.
www.youtube.com

MechWarrior 2 Intro

MechWarrior 2, 1995See: http://www.mech2.org/forum/index.phpI uploaded this for historical purposes and hope nobody has a problem with it.mlk from Aptiva bun...

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Japanese version of the Tales of Symphonia opening. Makes you feel like an epic, mysterious and exciting adventure lies ahead of you

Edit:

Alundra opening gets you hyped for the game.

Last edited:

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Just started the FFX Remaster earlier today. The opening cinematic with Sin attacking the city is still perfect. One of the best.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

ba73f68da4aaeaec2738188d1c1315af.png

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Ace Combat thread? Ace Combat thread!

"Did you know... there are three kind of aces? Those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three."

(Skip to 1:17)

"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns..."

(Skip to 0:40)

Thank you for doing the hard work for me.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Someone posted Armored Core already so I'll do HLD. I don't even like the game that much but one of my favourite openings.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

I don't even like Fallout that much but the New Vegas intro is something else. How the hell can you not get excited for what is about to happen once you hear "But the game was rigged from the start".

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Summon NIght 3 has a super comfy opening:

Also, no one has linked the original Wild Arms opening either somehow:

Another Flight-Plan game, this time Black/Matrix AD. It's obviously lower budget, but it reminds me of the Batman Beyond opening, so it's sick:

Last edited:

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg
Ridge Racer Type 4 - I loved everything about that game...the soundtrack, the tracks, the gameplay, the intro...

Wipe Out was something else as well. That game was my first PS1 Game and will always have a special place in my heart. Played the first one with the OG digital Controller, everything after it with the Namco NegCon.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland

Edit: Whoops, maenckman got it before me.
Well here's a bit older one that blew me away as a kid.

Last edited:

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Intro from Another world is maybe even better than the actual game:

And Dark Seed's intro feels horribly dated these days but it really terrified me back in the day:

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I remember being blown away by the intro from the C64 disk version of The Transformers. Not because it was visually impressive (it really wasn't), but because it was fully narrated!

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Tenchu 2, I remember a friend of mine showing it too me, Not the actual game but just the intro, It got me so curious that I saved up money just to be able to play the game myself. Probably one of the most nostalgic things I can think of.

And this ofc

Last edited:

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
No love for the Final Fantasy VIII opening scene? I watched that one so many times!

Edit: I see it was already mentioned. Good.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Streets of Rage's intro is relatively simple, but the vibrant cityscape coupled with the excellent moody music makes it one of my all-time favourites.