• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
I've been doing CICO and using the elliptical we have at home more regularly since late September, have lost a little over 30 lbs so far, but it seems like I'll need to do more than that to not look skinny fat. I don't necessarily want to get ripped or anything (at least not right now), I mostly just want a flat stomach.

I'm pretty new to all of this, so please explain like I'm five.

lilojigsaw

Chicken Chaser
Mar 1, 2018
Just count you calories. Really that with the elliptical should keep the body fat down.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of body fat loss comes down to diet, with physical activity as a supplement. I'd say adjust your calories to slightly below maintenance and you should continue to gradually lose body fat even without exercising.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you gain a pound or two of muscle you will look and feel substantially better.

Keep working out but try not to get hurt and listen to your body. The more you do it the more gains and benefits you will see from it.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Continue doing cico to lose weight and put on some muscle. Skinny fat is mostly just having little to no muscle definition.

Edit - if you're comfortable with it, what's your height/weight?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Diet is critical like always, that's always the main thing. Not sure how serious your injury is, but I wouldn't recommend anything with equipment or upper torso movement. Walking is a really good exercise, just literal plain walking around for hour with music on, you don't even have to run. Remember that walking is a motion, it's not exactly the same thing like on a machine (unless you have a treadmill).

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
I've been doing CICO and using the elliptical we have at home more regularly since late September, have lost a little over 30 lbs so far, but it seems like I'll need to do more than that to not look skinny fat. I don't necessarily want to get ripped or anything (at least not right now), I mostly just want a flat stomach.

I'm pretty new to all of this, so please explain like I'm five.
I recommend you read up on the glucose-insulin model to help you understand what macro molecules you want to increase and decrease in your diet. Calorie counting is much less important compared to what kind of calories you take in.

OP
OP
Solarc

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
Continue doing cico to lose weight and put on some muscle. Skinny fat is mostly just having little to no muscle definition.

Edit - if you're comfortable with it, what's your height/weight?
I don't wanna lift weights or do push-ups regularly due to my shoulder, can I still get some muscle doing other stuff?

I'm 5 ft 9 in, currently weight 160 lbs but wanna get down to 147.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I don't wanna lift weights or do push-ups regularly due to my shoulder, can I still get some muscle doing other stuff?

I don't know how bad your shoulder injury is, but there are plenty of exercises that are easier on the shoulder. I have a bad shoulder from an injury a long time ago and I can still do bench/pushups without pain by adjusting the angle.

You could also just focus on lower body/core until your shoulder is in better shape.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I don't know how bad your shoulder injury is, but there are plenty of exercises that are easier on the shoulder. I have a bad shoulder from an injury a long time ago and I can still do bench/pushups without pain by adjusting the angle.

You could also just focus on lower body/core until your shoulder is in better shape.
Yeah I added a rep routine myself this month(toning up for ski season), and right now I'm limited to arm curls and t poses(both with a pair of 7 lb weights, not much but I'm not in great shape), leg side lifts, and wall pushups(I suck at the normal one). Going to try and add in pull-ups and leg lifts as I can but it'll take a bit. Also switched over to keto for the month to put my intake into a more neutral state(it's easier for me to cut things out)

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017

160lbs is a great weight for your height. I'm 5 ft 9 in, weigh 150lbs, and am steadily working my way up to 160.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

If you have an instagram account, take a peak at Joe Defranco's page (He's Triple H's trainer) he had some significant shoudler surgery last year and has been posting alot of his rehab exercises. Obviously very low intensity stuff, but the physical therapy helps him heal faster and his muscle loss has been minimal.