Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing a lot of BBCTB recently and right now I'm just on a mission to clear all the combo challenges as a way to sort of get a feel of all the characters. And I'll say upfront I'm bad a fighting games. I just don't have the intuition that some people have where they can just figure shit out.

Which is why I really love how they handle their combo challenges. Having the virtual stick on screen to show inputs as well as being able to slow down demonstrations so I can watch the CPU do the inputs has really helped me figure out small details of why combos weren't working for me. More fighting games should do this kind of stuff because its extremely helpful in figuring out the finer details of a combo. Do any other games actually do this kind of level of break down?

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
Central fiction already let you see the cpu inputs and virtual stick when watching a trial demonstration if I'm not mistaken
I think gg Rev 2 as well

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I think most ArcSys games show the inputs/virtual stick but I've never seen the option to slow down the demonstration before.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken and MK11 show demonstrations with a sound that plays for each button press, which helps to understand the timing.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
They've been doing it since (I think) ggxrd. It's really helpful and you even turn it on during training mode.

OP
OP
Musubi

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think most ArcSys games show the inputs/virtual stick but I've never seen the option to slow down the demonstration before.
Yeah you can start the demonstration with the L3 Click and then if you click L3 again with the stick tilted downwards it slows it down to like half-speed so you can really watch the inputs on the replay.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Guilty Gear Rev 2 and BlazBlue Central Fiction also both have this feature.

blazblue also used beeps for each button press so you could hear the rythm

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Virtual stick's been there for a while, but I hadn't heard of the ability to slow things down until BBTAG. That's cool.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
A feature I would love is to pause the game frame by frame while being able to enter inputs into the command buffer. Smash Ultimate kinda has that with the training pause menu where you can advance the game to the next frame. Would make exploring and figuring out stuff so much easier. Like a TAS run tool.