Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Stuck inside. Treadmill is really boring but serviceable. I looked into options for getting Ring Fit Adventure to spice things up a little bit. Much like webcams, toilet paper, and other shockingly scarce items...I can't find any copies for sale! At least not at a reasonable price.

Here's a snapshot of eBay right now:

ringfit.png

Has anyone had any luck getting a copy of this since quarantine hit?

I'm like a day away from digging my DDR mats out of storage.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a nice thing to have for sure, and I hope they are able to make more soon, but there's nothing you couldn't recreate with a regular pilates ring and some youtube exercise videos. If the gamification is appealing I'm sure there's plenty of mobile apps that do something similar. Don't let its scarcity be the excuse not the exercise while all this madness is going on.

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
Yeah I was able to buy the last copy from a Meijer (regional Walmart/Target type store) only 2 weeks ago today. I'm very glad I got it. There's a Switch game called Fitness Boxing that *might* be a good alternative. I've not tried it. it looks kind of like Dance Dance Revolution. It does not use any extra physical equipment and is available on the eshop and has a demo.

OP
OP
Nax

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah I was able to buy the last copy from a Meijer (regional Walmart/Target type store) only 2 weeks ago today. I'm very glad I got it. There's a Switch game called Fitness Boxing that *might* be a good alternative. I've not tried it. it looks kind of like Dance Dance Revolution. It does not use any extra physical equipment and is available on the eshop and has a demo.
I actually have Fitness Boxing. It's okay. The punch detection is just really iffy.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I got to play a bit a bit at my friend's house before everything went crazy, & now I regret not buying it myself sooner.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Saw a lone copy hanging out on the endcap of a Target on like the last week of February; I even commented to my wife how it was a rare find.

Didn't buy it though.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I hadn't sold mine a few weeks ago towards the end of February for around $100 or so. I got a few months use out of it and didn't really want it anymore. I could have sold it for $180-200ish used now...

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I'm pretty glad that I got it last year in Spain just before this whole mess started.

I actually didn't get to play it a lot until now but since there are no gyms available currently I'm going a bit crazy so I'm using RFA everyday and is surprisingly a pretty powerful and most importantly, fun exercise. I honestly wasn't expecting it to take that much effort but with every level you beat you get even more motivated to continue which is something I can't say about most of this kind of games.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Been playing it every other day or so. My three year olds love it and want to play. One puts the ring over his head like a necklace then runs in circles around the room, the other uses it like a steering wheel. Good times.

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
Nowinstock saves the day again.

Walmart has them in stock right now and managed to get an order in. They'll be gone fast.

EDIT:

And gone :(

OP if you wanna attempt getting one, setup some nowinstock alerts if you haven't already.

Ring Fit Adventure In Stock Tracker for Nintendo Switch - NowInStock.net

Looking for Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch but having no luck? Maybe our FREE Ring Fit Adventure In Stock Tracker can help!

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I used the nowinstock alert to get it today. Literally bought it because I enjoyed Wii Fit, but more importantly, I'm on lockdown for a few weeks (as is/will be most of the world), so, might as well find something fun to do somewhat physically inside.

Strongly recommend using an alert app/website for those looking for it, and, good luck!

BDGAME

Oct 27, 2017
Brasília
I can't agree more OP.

One month ago, that game was R$ 600 in my country Now it's R$ 1,800. Three times more. That fucking expansive.
I really want that game, but I will not pay that much for a game. That sucks!

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
I had been looking for it to come back in stock for a few weeks with no luck and last Friday said fuck it and paid almost double the MSRP on ebay. Cracked it open yesterday and was surprised how good of a workout it was. My almost 4 year old son can even play it and he enjoys watching me play so it was worth it.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Sad how despite a crisis people won't try to be a bit more understanding and go with les crazy price.

Instead, it gets worse and they take advantage of the situation.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's sold out everywhere.

Isn't it on the eShop? Buy that then get the Dobe Yoga Circle or something.