• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Addams Family Values arguably has a lot more cultural cache than the original. It's also a better movie.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Came to post Meet the Fokkers.

But going through this thread, Shrek 2 is definitely a great answer. Best Shrek.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
A part of me actually prefers the first Hot Shots because it's not so in-your-face slapstick comedy (it still is, but not as much as Part Deux). But I always get them impression that people prefer the second. Bridges / Benson in the first film is funnier than the second film for me, so that sways it.

The first Hot Shots was definitely more clever in its parody, a little more intelligent. Part Deux said "fuck it" and went full tilt on the absurdity to try to one up the first movie.

Bothe great movies for different reasons, but Part One aged more gracefully.

OP
OP
UnderTheKillingSun
Jul 10, 2020
Holy shit at this topic exploding!

Thanks to all who chimed in.

Totally forgot about Bill and Ted Bogus Journey and Face the Music, which is weird because I own the trilogy.

I'll have to look into 22 Jump Street since it got all the praise.