• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
wetransfer.com

IMG_8877.MOV

1 file sent via WeTransfer, the simplest way to send your files around the world

thanks to BrickArts295

The tone of this trailer matches what I've heard about it.

Also really glad Cillian Murphy is getting a chance at being the lead in a huge $100M+ movie.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
looks fucking amazing. funny though, as i was watching it, i got a FaceTime call on my computer RIGHT when the nuke goes off during that countdown sequence, so it paused playback

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
If there's one thing Nolan can do well is intense scenes like Docking or the oil in the water from Dunkirk. This trailer already gives me similar vibes with the trinity scene.

OP
OP
DMczaf

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
If there's one thing Nolan can do well is intense scenes like Docking or the oil in the water from Dunkirk. This trailer already gives me similar vibes with the trinity scene.

It really feels like the build up to the Trinity scene is going to be crazy as hell. You know whats going to happen, but the build up is about how people were so scared about what the hell was going to happen.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well whaddaya fucking know, I can actually hear the dialogue

also is there anything in cinema more intimidating than Cillian Murphy doing his slow blink at you

OP
OP
DMczaf

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
The IMAX trailer really pulls of the "oh fuck, we are about to test the first nuclear bomb in history and we have no idea how this will go..." , like people need to realize how crazy this idea was, and how much Oppenheimer hated himself after it.

Vourlis

Aug 14, 2022
United States
Should probably stipulate that it's still a cam rip. Better quality tho.

Movie seems decent enough. A little more straight forward and coherent looking than some of Nolans more recent outings.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah both trailers that have leaked seem really promising to me so far. Apparently this one is not showing at the Air and Space Museum IMAX in Northern Virginia though :/

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
Shame this trailer won't officially be released online because it's really good. And I hope the score is actually Ludwig's work for the movie.

The way that last line by RDJ is delivered and then cuts to the title is damn good.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
can't wait for this. i'll probably end up seeing it 5+ times in theaters if it looks as good as the trailer

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Shame this trailer won't officially be released online because it's really good. And I hope the score is actually Ludwig's work for the movie.

The way that last line by RDJ is delivered and then cuts to the title is damn good.

All of Nolan's IMAX exclusive stuff has featured the score from the film so I would say good chance.

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
Saw it before Avatar. Was with it until the bs ignite the atmosphere stuff. Immediately reminded that I didn't like his last couple of movies.

Will still see this one in theaters though.

Oct 31, 2017
Saw it before Avatar. Was with it until the bs ignite the atmosphere stuff. Immediately reminded that I didn't like his last couple of movies.

Will still see this one in theaters though.

They were genuinely worried it could happen. According to the book this film is based on there was a jokey betting pool over whether they were going to destroy the planet with Trinity

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Fun fact, the guy who tells him it could ignite the atmosphere is Albert Einstein

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
It was never a serious consideration near detonation. They were more worried it wouldn't work.

Edit: Sorry. That prob came off harsher than I intended. Not a fan of using something like that for dramatic effect when there's plenty else around. I'm also letting a bit from the trailer get to me. It was also a throwaway line in the paul newman movie, so i was curious about it.

Last edited:

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
thats a cool trailer, think I'll catch this in IMAX if I hear impressions that it won't kill my hearing lol.

the test sequence is gonna rip. I hope its terrifying and destructive as opposed to the too clean spectacle he's known for

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Looks good! I'll probably see it in theaters…then probably again at home with my setup so I can hear what the characters are actually saying lol

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure this scene is the 1945 demon core incident:

edit: wrong on my part, this is the Trinity test.

ACey3Va.png

Louis_Slotin_%26_Harry_K._Daghlian_Jr.jpg