vermadas

Oct 25, 2017
If you buy this on the Epic store do you have to have both EGS and Ubisoft Connect running to launch the game? I'd probably want to play with my Steam controller. Steam => EGS => UC is a bit excessive...

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I... I want it.

1608230092062.png

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
And that's a plat!

1Lf36991.png

Roughly 55 hours to 100% (minus one visual customization, I think) on normal difficulty. Played a bit of NG+ on nightmare, completing some trophies I hadn't already done and while definitely tougher, with mastery ranks for stamina, health, godly power and equipment all already at level 10, it is perfectly doable. Might finish in the future, sometimes Ubi tend to offer some small reward.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time with. While it got a bit long on the tooth in the end, that was somewhat offset by seeing how much of a puzzle or vault I could circumvent or solve with other abilities. King's Peak's 'gimmick' was both a nuisance and interesting twist to the traversal. Combat was serviceable, though I completely left out parry, because my build was made around the dodge mechanic and it just worked to well. The thing I'd like them to overhaul is the discovery mechanic. The scouting mechanic is too jittery and the pixel hunting is no fun. I'd also like to know whether I found or marked all POI in an area.

Couldn't tell you much about the story, because I completely tuned that out, either because a cutscene was taking forever or my mind was occupied with the next objective when background narration was happening. The snippets about the Greek Pantheon were interesting and made me realize that I knew far less of the mythology than I thought. And yes, sometimes they even made smirk.

Performance on PS5 was near perfect for me, and the game can look quite beautiful at times. And that draw distance...

So writing all this it might seem I'm more negative than I really am, but just like Origins and Odyssey, for me it is just that there is always something closeby to do, stringing me along through the game. Think I'll pick up the Season Pass in a sale eventually, most excited for the Chinese Mythology DLC.

AC: Valhalla is on the docket, but going straight into that might be a bit much, so I think I'll start up Bugsnax as a short fun palate cleanser.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
Bored to death by Valhalla I turned to this and couldn't be more impressed. This has me hooked and Hermès is hilarious. "I'll be here doing nothing, I mean making preparations!" I love how self aware it is. That and Zeus' line about Achilles.

My main gripe is the title of the game is awful IMO. Those 3 words together mean nothing sound like a b-tier game. They could've at least removed one of the words. This game deserves better. It could've Picked a better time to launch too. If it came out during the summer or January...

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Played the PS5 version this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find the frame pacing issue has been resolved.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell. Already 67 bucks with season pass. Paid 100 two weeks ago. God damnit I'll never buy an ubi soft game at launch 🥺

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as how I can't find the PC Performance thread

Anyone know if a 2060 can get me to 1080/60 FPS?

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Game has been pretty fun so far. Playing on PS5. My only gripe is the overly "sticky" nature of the climbing mechanism. I feel like I'm constantly getting stuck to think that I happen to be jumping near.

Excellence

May 15, 2019
Downloaded the game through Ubisoft+, played for 2 hours and already regret that I started AC:V first. The game is beautiful , light-hearted and promising, but after 100 hours in Valhalla I already feel open-world fatigue is kicking in and it seems from first glance that it follows the same open world formula in Valhalla. Gonna give it a rest for now and might comeback for it later.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am interested in this because I didn't think this game would be getting the praise it's currently receiving. In terms of combat, is this a funner loop than AC and GoT? Even on the harder difficulties I found them somewhat easy.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded the game through Ubisoft+, played for 2 hours and already regret that I started AC:V first. The game is beautiful , light-hearted and promising, but after 100 hours in Valhalla I already feel open-world fatigue is kicking in and it seems from first glance that it follows the same open world formula in Valhalla. Gonna give it a rest for now and might comeback for it later.
I had the same exact issue, but I got past AC:Valhalla / Open world fatigue pretty quickly as I felt more and more Breath of the Wild vibes and the game doesn't take itself very seriously with the god's narration.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Playing on PC with a 2060 and i7 7700 and I'm having some issues.

Weird frame pacing even tho my vsync is enabled and frame rate is locked at 60 FPS.

also a strange glitch where audio will cut out for a half second and it happens once every five minutes or so.

Anyone have this issue or know of any solutions?

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Close to my platinum trophy and I gotta say this is my surprise hit so far. World design is beautiful, story is fine, combat is fun.

The only downside from my POV is the difficulty curve. Initial battles are far more challenging compared to the endgame when you have upgraded most weapons and skills. That's a little weird. Also the Axe is totally overpowered.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Not enough QA on atalantas escape vault.
The platform didn't start moving anymore once you go beyond a certain spot and die. I respawned and it didn't want to trigger.

third checkpoint

Last edited:

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the armor set you get for beating all four wraiths. I'm up to ~35 hours and I just have one god left to free (Ares), and an still having a blast. This might be my game off the year.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Started to play this on Stadia (and then Luna) and I'm barely into the game, about 35 minutes or so, but I'm liking it so far. The game is simply beautiful and I can not wait to really dive into the world and explore everything it has to offer.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Switch version decent enough and not too much of a downgrade? I am not exactly feverish for high framerates or epic looking graphics but at least it must be running decently.

I value portability as I travel between homes and commute frequently.

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
I love this game more and more, the interaction between Ares and his bear
"Don't be sorry, be better" at chess,
"No, you're not ready, go back."
They're Kratos and Boi 😂
, and how the corrupted Hercules does a little pose after each attack. I just have a huge smile on my face the entire time playing this game.

What on Earth? lmao

I do like the Lady Rainicorn skin. Is this more of Ubi's $DLC?
Yes, it's available now, 1500 credits, I do want it but that's too much for my liking.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this game simply has too many enemies out in the open world. I've never been a big fan of combat, mind you, but I still feel like there are more than there should be. I want to focus on finding collectibles, solving puzzles, and doing vaults of Tartarus, but there are just so many enemies everywhere.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Switch version decent enough and not too much of a downgrade? I am not exactly feverish for high framerates or epic looking graphics but at least it must be running decently.

Looking at this video (timestamped to 5 minutes 15 seconds), the Switch version was really rough at launch but got a patch that improved it a lot.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game can be had for nearly half the price on PC if you buy from Ubi store directly. Game is currently discounted and then you get additional 21% discount using code WELCOME2021.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that Switch patch looks like a big boost. Now i'm having a hard time choosing between PS5 and Switch

How are the haptics/adaptive trigger stuff on PS5?
Haptics are...okay? Probably the same as the HD Rumble on Switch. Nothing special at all. Adaptive triggers might as well be broken, IMO. Weird behaviors, constantly switching, really loud when it switches behaviors and does it non stop in certain situations (like scouting out locations in the telescope). I actually turned off the triggers and it was a nice improvement.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017

Curious about this one. Game looks great but not to keen on getting on the PS4.
While the PS5 version obviously looks better (this will always be the case), the game looks good as is on Switch and runs absolutely fine (I'm 50 hours in , handheld only). I have played only post patch, no idea how it was before. Do note that I am not one of those frame counters though.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I've only played 20 minutes yesterday, but I'm already loving the hidden details in the narrative weaving (i.e. all the hidden references to Greek myths and characters, and the subtle friendly dig at poetry). Very much looking forward to finding out what other things they've hidden in there.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's half off on EGS with the $10 holiday coupon. That's how I got it.
How is the PC version anyway? I can't find reliable information on this. Some say it runs OK, others say it runs poorly. I have both next gen consoles and PC with 1080Ti. PC version is the cheapest, but I don't know if it's the best one to buy with my hardware.

5moke5creen

Oct 30, 2017
PS5 frame pacing issues have been cleaned up completely in this latest patch. They made me stop playing, so I'm back in now, and it's great :)

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on PC with a 2060 and i7 7700 and I'm having some issues.

Weird frame pacing even tho my vsync is enabled and frame rate is locked at 60 FPS.

also a strange glitch where audio will cut out for a half second and it happens once every five minutes or so.

Anyone have this issue or know of any solutions?
Had the same audio thing as well as the game dipping into the 50s and 40s with a 1660 on MEDIUM settings at 1080p.