• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Am I the only person who doesn't know wtf either of these people are? Meanwhile, someone starts a topic about a sports player without clarifying/identifying why the person is famous and half the replies are asking this same question.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't his wife come under fire for doing some racist shit a couple of months ago?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
No I legit assumed it was just a temporary break after reading her note.

You're missing the point.

You've made a thread about how "passive aggressive" Neil is in "announcing divorce." But when Amanda Palmer previously made a post about Neil leaving or them having a break or whatever... there was apparently no need to make a thread about her posting that. Both actions by both people are them publicly broadcasting personal relationship problems. There is no real difference between their actions in that regard.

So with your decision to make the post about Neil and then when others have a different take... you debate the difference in the meaning. It shows that you've already mentally picked sides. Which is human.

However none of this is any of our business. Their actions have made it public but there's zero need to do things like make threads or debate who is at "fault" or any of that. They are public figures, to a point, but that doesn't mean we should have carte blanche to debate their personal issues.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
1. Who?
2. LOL. With no context, I find this passive aggression hilarious.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
You're missing the point.

You've made a thread about how "passive aggressive" Neil is in "announcing divorce." But when Amanda Palmer previously made a post about Neil leaving or them having a break or whatever... there was apparently no need to make a thread about her posting that. Both actions by both people are them publicly broadcasting personal relationship problems. There is no real difference between their actions in that regard.

So with your decision to make the post about Neil and then when others have a different take... you debate the difference in the meaning. It shows that you've already mentally picked sides. Which is human.

However none of this is any of our business. Their actions have made it public but there's zero need to do things like make threads or debate who is at "fault" or any of that. They are public figures, to a point, but that doesn't mean we should have carte blanche to debate their personal issues.

I mean yeah because public figures announce separations publicly all the time.

They don't generally (assuming he did it intentionally which I might be wrong to think and that's why if people think this thread should end I support that) do it like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.